News Lions Board Spill - update: Board Dispute Resolved

Remove this Banner Ad

My EGM request letter is off to the TLR people in the post today.

Excellent. :thumbsu:

Just to clarify though, and avoid any confusion, the letters are being sent to a private, secure PO Box maintained by the Williams ticket NOT TLR. This is explained in the FAQ http://thelionsroar.net/egm-faq/

Yeah, my bad.

I sent my 100% filled in form to the relevant PO Box as outlined in the FAQ instructions on the TLR website.

Jorgo was correct, but additionally Jorgo was also correct.

We are going to achieve nothing sitting here Angus bashing. IMO he is in over his head but should be respected for his passion & efforts for the club.

It would be far more effective to offer him a way to withdraw with honour. I replied to his email -

Angus,

Thank you for your email & explanation of the current situation. However, I am of the opinion that someone of the stature of Leigh Matthews does not challenge the incumbent board because of one action, but that is merely the tipping point after a long period of dis-satisfaction at many decisions. Should Leigh have wished to be involved with the current directors, he would have. In this instance I have to back his judgement of the situation, rather than electioneering that is coming from the club presently.

The opportunity to have some-one of Leigh Matthews stature, achievements, ability, respect only comes once in a club's history. I implore you not to waste it. IMO history will judge your legacy far more kindly if you step aside to allow this rare chance to be taken, in the club's long term interest, rather than subject us to a protracted battle for control. Knowing Leigh's record, once he has committed he will not waver until he succeeds, & all that will eventuate is that we will end up far worse off as a club.

To a lesser extent - as evidenced by his football record & business success, Ross Thornton will bring far more to our club than any of the current incumbents, IMO.

As evident by my many previous emails to you & the club I have often been opposed to decisions made & paths chosen for the club. But this is not to say I do not apprecate the efforts & passion of yours for the Brisbane Lions. Thank you for stepping into the chairman's role when needed, & when no-one else seemed interested.

But now is the time to make the final sacrifice for the good of the club we both love. Please resign, with our thanks & good wishes for the future. Be remembered as the one who stepped into the breach in our time of need after the Bowers/Kelly period (a time that you were part of) and handed over a healthy club to the best future leadership possible.

Yours in thanks

Anthony Waller Gold Member no. 1031706

If everyone replied - with respect & appreciation - it will go a long way to solving this crisis amicably, IMO. I bet there is someone reading his emails now.

G'day guys,
Anyone know if an AFL Membership with Brisbane Lions support package entitles me to vote?

I know it assumes most likely not in the FAQS on TLR site but just checking to see if anyone had any information to the contrary?

Would love to get behind the Lethal ticket.

Hey Mr. Drebin, support membership does not allow you to vote. The price you paid for your membership can be deducted from the VIC membership ($135) which does allow you to vote but you have to do it today/tomorrow to get in before the cut off.

I don't know about you guys, but this whole fiasco is taking way too long and has become tiresome.

If it takes a board so long to come up with a spiel as to why they sh

According to the Lions Roar twitter account, they have proof of making multiple offers to the Angus camp.

The Lions Roar offer remains open too according to their FAQ. Interesting that the club still apparently has no intention to provide anything.

Scared of legitimising the EGM challenge I suspect.

Interviewer: Mr Johnson, The Lions Roar member Les Weinen claims that you have in fact been approached by the supporter group to give a statement on the current board's stance regarding the board spill, and that you are lying to Lions supporters.

Johnson: Well I think that Les Weinen ought to do more thinkin' and less whinin'!

YsinRJT.jpg

Like others I get the feeling Angus promised Roos was done and ready before they pulled the pin on Voss.
The media thought it was well it they compared what Freo did to Harvey.
Either Roos changed his mind after they butchered Voss sacking or Angus read it wrong. Either way it split the board.
Now Roos is not there is any of the alternatives any better the Voss???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent. :thumbsu:

Just to clarify though, and avoid any confusion, the letters are being sent to a private, secure PO Box maintained by the Williams ticket NOT TLR. This is explained in the FAQ http://thelionsroar.net/egm-faq/

Mine will be on it's way tomorrow (broken printer at home :()

Conspiracy theory: the founder of the Lions Roar has contacted Angus on a couple of occasions over the last 10 weeks, having conversaaaaaations, and saying look, you've got some good plaaaaaayers, etc, pretending to be Roosy, and saying, "Look, I was a bit cold when you rang me the other day, but I'm on my own now and I can talk a bit more freely, and look I want the job if it's on offer. Next time you ring me, I'll have to play cold though because of those around me."

So, that happens, the board spills, and the Lions Roar pounces, increasing the public image of their site, and voila, millionaires!!

Conspiracy theory: the founder of the Lions Roar has contacted Angus on a couple of occasions over the last 10 weeks, having conversaaaaaations, and saying look, you've got some good plaaaaaayers, etc, pretending to be Roosy, and saying, "Look, I was a bit cold when you rang me the other day, but I'm on my own now and I can talk a bit more freely, and look I want the job if it's on offer. Next time you ring me, I'll have to play cold though because of those around me."
So, that happens, the board spills, and the Lions Roar pounces, increasing the public image of their site, and voila, millionaires!!
I feel stupid for buying their merchandise now.:mad:

I think it has become apparent to most passionate Lions fans that the Club is now desperately in need of a fresh approach to its off field leadership.

My house will be sending a couple of letters requesting the EGM off tonight and we will be voting in favour of the board challenge if it comes to that.

Not believable. He didn't mention the Swans once.

surely there has to be more too it than has come out so far ! what board would sack the favourite son even if he hasn't been too sucessful with out having the mega wonderfull and most desired coach signed and sealed , and act on a maybe ???? as dumb as angus is being portrayed he hasnt got to where he is a go out on a limb like that , after all the whole board voted for it even the rebel take over clan sorry dont believe it , and player disharmeny yep may be the real reason ! but a bunch of boys who carn't get a game and a couple of others who are still learning the game have the power to knife voss , again that's crap !

either the sun has got to people up there or way more senior players were behind this stupidity

either way it makes us look like second rate

Remove this Banner Ad

News Lions Board Spill - update: Board Dispute Resolved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back