News Lions Board Spill - update: Board Dispute Resolved

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, Brown Dog, always deflecting off topic as per usual...the issue is we're not Collingwood :rolleyes:

Here's a thought; speak to the people on the ticket, get the necessary funds for what is needed by both parties to call an EGM: 2 envelopes per voting member, paperwork, lawyers etc. and 72hrs later you have what you need :thumbsu:

Or is that too difficult?

It would take you 72 hours to gather up between $50k to $100k, find and appoint lawyers, complete all the paperwork, etc?

Wow, mate. Maybe you should run.

And when the required amount of signatures are collected checked and verified by the Williams ticket and handed on I am sure whoever is looking after the Angus camp will want to check and verify every one to make sure they are valid. How many extra days do we add for that?

Yes it is.

You sir are living on another planet, with regard to this topic.

You've done zero research and have little understanding of what needs to be done to sort this out. You are just complaining based on zero factual information. Go get that information, then come back to us to discuss as to where these good people have gone wrong.

Better still, organise yourself a ticket to challenge the Board. Go try and get your necessary 600 signatures under your methods. Keep us posted on proceedings.

Yes, Brown Dog, always deflecting off topic as per usual...the issue is we're not Collingwood :rolleyes:

Here's a thought; speak to the people on the ticket, get the necessary funds for what is needed by both parties to call an EGM: 2 envelopes per voting member, paperwork, lawyers etc. and 72hrs later you have what you need :thumbsu:

Or is that too difficult?

Actually there are many things unrealistic about that scenario but I will start with one question.

Where do you get names and addresses for the voting members? And don't say the club because that is not legal.

Laughing hysterically at your suggestion that I am the one "deflecting" by the way. You brought up Collingwood, you continually refused to offer practical alternatives.

And when the required amount of signatures are collected checked and verified by the Williams ticket and handed on I am sure whoever is looking after the Angus camp will want to check and verify every one to make sure they are valid. How many extra days do we add for that?

Remember, 600 - not a big number to check through. We're an AFL club, not the local RSL looking to increase prices on pensioner dinners :mad:

Remember, 600 - not a big number to check through. We're an AFL club, not the local RSL looking to increase prices on pensioner dinners :mad:
600 Isn't a lot they might have them already who knows but I can tell you the Johnson camp will want to check them all and that will take time maybe you need to get onto the lions roar and find out what's going on.

Yes it is.

You sir are living on another planet, with regard to this topic.

You've done zero research and have little understanding of what needs to be done to sort this out. You are just complaining based on zero factual information. Go get that information, then come back to us to discuss as to where these good people have gone wrong.

Better still, organise yourself a ticket to challenge the Board. Go try and get your necessary 600 signatures under your methods. Keep us posted on proceedings.

Actually, I did something similar in 2011 when there was a need for a safety barrier in my street. Together with another 3 sets of parents, we obtained the 1000 signatures needed by the council in 11 days. If we can do that, surely an EGM can be called at an AFL club :thumbsu:

It's not that hard - that's why this delay is pissing me off so much.

Saying it is "a little quiet on the EGM front" is completely inaccurate and is rudely dismissive of a fair bit of work that is being done behind the scenes.

It's perfectly accurate as an outsider looking in. Just because there's work going on behind the scenes (presumably) doesn't mean it's not quiet out here. You're overreacting a bit to a turn of phrase here.

600 Isn't a lot they might have them already who knows but I can tell you the Johnson camp will want to check them all and that will take time maybe you need to get onto the lions roar and find out what's going on.

Well if you look at the dates on the documentation, it appears the Lions Roar received the relevant documents from the Williams ticket last Wednesday, which they subsequently sent out on the same day to people who signed the EOI.

This means the earliest people could have sent forms in was in Thursdays post meaning that the first real influx of forms would have got to Williams yesterday. Hopefully they get the required number this week.

Anyone who is holding out really needs to get their form in.

Actually, I did something similar in 2011 when there was a need for a safety barrier in my street. Together with another 3 sets of parents, we obtained the 1000 signatures needed by the council in 11 days. If we can do that, surely an EGM can be called at an AFL club :thumbsu:

What was the requirement for someone to sign that petition? Did they need to be a resident of the local council? If so, I am betting there are significantly more than 11,000 possible signatures you were targeting. Let alone the fact they all, by definition, live locally and therefore can be accessed.

You have zero idea how this process works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's perfectly accurate as an outsider looking in. Just because there's work going on behind the scenes (presumably) doesn't mean it's not quiet out here. You're overreacting a bit to a turn of phrase here.

With all due respect dlanod, I think the body of posts Panthera has contributed since showed that my interpretation was reasonable accurate.

Well if you look at the dates on the documentation, it appears the Lions Roar received the relevant documents from the Williams ticket last Wednesday, which they subsequently sent out on the same day to people who signed the EOI.

This means the earliest people could have sent forms in was in Thursdays post meaning that the first real influx of forms would have got to Williams yesterday. Hopefully they get the required number this week.

Anyone who is holding out really needs to get their form in.
Your right TBD a lot of people would not of even printed them out till the weekend and posted them till yesterday.

Now imagine that instead of being a local issue, the people you needed those signatures from are scattered all over the country and you have no record of who they are or where they live. You've just encountered one of many challenges involved in this process that render your example pretty useless.

With all due respect dlanod, I think the body of posts Panthera has contributed since showed that my interpretation was reasonable accurate.

I think your reaction became justified. I still don't think it was to kick things off. Feel free to lay into him for the rest of the posts though. :p

Trying to organise 600 people who all live in different places all over Australia to send in a letter.

Some of which don't have printers. Others of whom have very little time between getting to work and getting home to pick up kids/parnters/parents/etc from work/school and might not be able to get to a post office (in some areas it can be quite a drive to find a post box!).

Yeah, should have had this done ages ago. Down with TLR!!!!!!

Won't somebody think of the children!:eek:

Went to the library today - just walked in as they were unpacking the latest lot of new books -

Leigh Matthews Accept the Challenge right on top. No way it made it to the shelf.

Many heartfelt thanx to the TLR crew for the work they are doing gratis. Every club has may that say they do the work, many that will tell you how it should be done, & that precouis few that actually roll the sleeves up.

What was the requirement for someone to sign that petition? Did they need to be a resident of the local council? If so, I am betting there are significantly more than 11,000 possible signatures you were targeting. Let alone the fact they all, by definition, live locally and therefore can be accessed.

You have zero idea how this process works.

Do you think 600 of the Lions' voting members would visit the 3 biggest shopping centres or read the 3 most read newspapers in Brisbane in a week? Just 600 or so, 5% of the total with voting rights? Or would the ones who visited / read, say it was somehow only 300, would they tell another 1 at least?

It's not that hard to get this done.

Do it properly or don't bother doing it at all.

Do you think 600 of the Lions' voting members would visit the 3 biggest shopping centres or read the 3 most read newspapers in Brisbane in a week? Just 600 or so, 5% of the total with voting rights? Or would the ones who visited / read, say it was somehow only 300, would they tell another 1 at least?

Who will go to these shopping centres? How will you identify Brisbane Lions voting members from the mass populus (if every voting member lived in Brisbane, they would equate to 0.5% of the population)? How would those reading the newspapers access the forms? How would that speed up the process?

Keep digging.

Oh dear. You are off your tree. So now you want people (who have actual day jobs) manning kiosks in multiple shopping centres for days on end asking every single person if they happen to be a member of the Brisbane Lions with voting rights?

What would the hit rate be there? One in 250? Then you have to hope those minority of people have their membership card with them and are willing to fill out paperwork?

Yeah that is a much more reliable system than the current method which has yielded 400 signatures in less than 4 business days.

Embarrassing yourself now.

Seriously?! Do you have something wrong with you?

Bigfooty represents only a very very tiny amount of fans you know. Most fans consider footy secondary to things like work, family, friends etc. Are you going to call all the fans now and DEMAND that they hurry up and send their forms in?! The hold up ISN'T with TLR, it's with the fans sending forms in. Talk to them instead you nong!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Lions Board Spill - update: Board Dispute Resolved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back