Lions Drafting Discussion 2010 (no trade talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all 3, then that would suggest no picks !!!!!

Having said that, I am beginning to think we will not take any rookies other than Qld Priority selections.
I expect Proud will be taken as a rookie and become the nominated rookie eligible for selection for the whole season (due to Power being listed as a Vet, inside, rather than outside the list).
And that both Macs will also be rookied/re-rookied and be the Ruck back ups for Leuey and Charman (and Clark).

By the reactions here i'm guessin we payed overs? if so is it safe to assume that Hadley got the kids he wanted? if so live by the sword die by the sword.

Hadley has the chance to again prove his skills, nothing wrong with that besides not expecting much next year from these guy's

clarke, raines and amon to impact next year plus the return of all the injured players should have us in good shape.....hopefully

By the reactions here i'm guessin we payed overs? if so is it safe to assume that Hadley got the kids he wanted? if so live by the sword die by the sword.

No such thing in drafting. Well, not straight after the fact anyway. People just get a little caught up in the alternate reality of BigFooty fantasy drafting.

If we made Green at 25....and then Karnezis at 32, would that please the naysayers about our selections ?

One things for sure, you'll never please everyone on BF.

Keep the faith guys and lets get behind the kids

Hadley and Kerr spoke about adding pace and flexibility to the side, which explains Lester and karny I think. They talked up their flexibility and versatility so it seems we went after the players we want. Also mentioned that adding beams an bewick ment they didn't think they needed more midfield picks or to use the compo picks.

Who is Patrick Karnezis? Never heard of him.

Ive got faith in the club, exciting time ahead. Good luck fellas and welcome to the lions

How exciting is this...Our 'ginger ninja's' are growing .....Harwood, Banfield Green...and the not so gingers Lester, Polec, Bewick & Karnezis....One thing for sure..our new editions add much needed pace....Welcome to the lions lads..

How exciting is this...Our 'ginger ninja's' are growing .....Harwood, Banfield Green...

List needs more Rog and Golby. :D

Vossy adds another to the Lions Ranga Hanger - Great stuff :thumbsu:

If you heard the appluase after Green's name was read out, you can thank our crew from the Lions board here who went down for the draft! :D

Lol I made sure I cheered that one. Didn't hear a lot of cheers, but I knew others would be from BF. We were up the back on the far side, kinda behind the pies and saints tables.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List needs more Rog and Golby. :D

Vossy adds another to the Lions Ranga Hanger - Great stuff :thumbsu:

epi911img48.jpg

Quality and potential still up as a Rookie selection

Myles Sewell - Stud VFL mid
Michael Hibberd - Gun VFL medium defender
Jonathan Giles - Rated as best ruck outside AFL
Josh Jenkins - Super athlete, little recent experience
Ben Brown - Strong forward / ruck
James Orr - Great athlete, little footy knowledge

Who would the Lions grab

Thanks for that list Josh. :p

We're keeping Golby, Dyson and McKeever. Also good chance to re-draft McCulloch, McCauley and Proud. And in previous years we haven't filled out rookie quota, not sure how many we'll take.

Chopper - how did polec look - did he seem excited to be heading to the lions? Was any of thre other lions draftees there??

Would be interested to know myself, because he didn't look overly happy on the TV coverage...maybe just overawed by the occasion, being on TV or just how stunned he was at how bad that jumper looked that Vossy presented.;)

Least we know the answer to that. I like what Kerr has to say about the lads rather than the "we were surprised he was still there" act.

Sounds like it was a near thing.

Assume that means we're going to try for some talls in the RD...?

I remember the 2008 draft - I was mid-flight when the draft happened, and I got onto the website straight after I landed to check our picks.

7 Daniel Rich - haha you beauty!
25 Jack Redden - WTF? who's this kid?
41 Todd Banfield - huh? isn't he more likely as a late pick? What the hell?
57 Aaron Cornelius - what a steal...will be a solid player.

Fast foward to 2010
5 Jared Polec - haha you beauty!
25 Patrick Karnezis - WTF?
28 Ryan Lester - huh? isn't he more likely as a late pick? What the hell?
32 Josh Green - what a steal...will be a solid player.

;)

I dunno about Kerr saying "The question there was, do we add another midfielder or do we go for a key-position player? We got a couple of tall boys, but we were thinking about a genuine key-position player."

If you are going to pick 2 "tall players" surely you should be taking 1 genuine key position player?

I dunno about Kerr saying "The question there was, do we add another midfielder or do we go for a key-position player? We got a couple of tall boys, but we were thinking about a genuine key-position player."

If you are going to pick 2 "tall players" surely you should be taking 1 genuine key position player?

He did say they were going for flexibility...

Sounds like it might have come down to Green vs McCarthy - he's the only tall (that I know of off-hand) who went in the next 15-20 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back