Lions Drafting Discussion 2010 (no trade talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean, Grim. :confused:

Top 5 players that i want and that fit our needs.

edit: ohh you my whole version on the top 35? :/

Yes, as JasRulz suggested:

1. If the Lions had pick 1 who would you take?

2. If the Lions had pick 2 who would you take (presuming who you chose at pick 1 was already gone)?

3. If the Lions had pick 3 who would you take (presuming who you chose at pick 1 and 2 were already gone)?

all the way up to 35.

A quick question regarding zone selections out of curiosity.

Say a player wants to be picked up by the Lions via zone selection, but the Suns want to take him, can the player refuse? Or is it the same with the draft, that once you nominate, you're fair game?

I am 60% confident that you are fair game.

All good, Grim.

1. Swallow
2. Day
3. Bennell
4. Gaff
5. Polec
6. Darling
7. Heppell
8. Wallis
9. Caddy
10. Lynch
11. Atley
12. Gorringe
13. Green
14. Liberatore
15. Watson
16. Smith
17. Smedts
18. Lamb
19. McCarthy
20. Pitt
21. Cook
22. Karnezis
23. Parker
24. Harper
25. Guthrie
26. Prestia
27. Mitchell
28. Cripps
29. Jacobs
30. Lycett
31. Smith
32. Hallahan
33. Conca
34. Tape
35. Lester

Cheers Axel.

Interesting to see Darling at 6, whereas in your mock he is at 12. Do you think he is a good fit for our needs, or have your opinions on him changed?

Yeah definitely, Grim. Players like him don't come around lately and would love to Lions to take a risk with him.

My draft was based on needs and i can't see Richmond taking a tall with pick six and with GC taking Day and probably Lynch i can see them skipping on Darling with one of their picks in the top ten.

I really like the idea of drafting the following:

5. Heppell
25. Green
Pri. Mitchell
28. Fasolo
32. Cripps

Heppell

I think at worst he turns out to be a HBF that can kick the ball 60m and break zones. A tag team of him and Drummo will hopefully solve a lot of problems for moving the ball out of defence. (If Gaff was here I would pick him instead)

Green

Will ad pace to both our on field brigade in a couple of years and can also play up forward. Im very worried that he will be picked up before here as he would be great value. Picking a ranga and Tasmanian in one practically saves us a draft pick this year.

Mictchell

The shoulder injuries are a concern but too good to pass up. With the uncertainty around whether Mitch will resign next year we need to really look at other possible options.

Fasolo

My personal favorite this year, reminds me of Brad Scott who was my favourite payer in our premiership years. Will do the grunt work and makes good decisions.

Cripps

Leg speed to an ageing defence. I cant see a replacement for McGrath on the list and Cripps could certainyl fill that role in a few years. I have concerns over some of his disposal, think i read that his DE% was only 69%, which can be misleading but since he is listed as a med def something to watch out far. IF states that he and Fasolo are also great mate and i hate to break up a duo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I get that bit, saw a few blogers list hin against a late draft pick and wasn't sure what that was about.

Yeah on draft day you officially announce rookie elevations with your last picks.

Kim Hagdorn

Eagles’ list managers are favouring brilliant Victorian Andrew Gaff, as well as WA product Reece Conca, who was highly impressive with Perth’s league team late in the 2010 season in the WAFL competition and another classy midfielder Dyson Heppell.

Brisbane follow West Coast with pick number five as part of their trading on the loss of Jared Brennan and it appears that brilliant South Australian Jared Polec could be headed for the Lions den.

The speedy winger and fellow South Aussie Brodie Smith have stormed into contention as high draft contenders with the Lions understood to have shown special interest in Polec.

Victorian on-ballers Josh Caddy, Luke Parker and Ben Jacobs are also all top order selection candidates.

rumour down here is lions interested in fisher from carlton ! anyone heard that one ?

Might sound silly well it is but would love to see a booming right footer for once haha. Polec sounds like he would be a great pick up though.

gaff, heppell & polec all left footers! hawthorn fluked a premiership on the back of booming left footers, so it can't be all bad..

gaff, heppell & polec all left footers! hawthorn fluked a premiership on the back of booming left footers, so it can't be all bad..

It isn't a bad thing at all, I am right footed so just like to see right footers kick haha.

Don't know how much of that I would believe.. Goes on to say:
"The Tigers have fifth pick in this year’s draft and are in need of bolstering ruck stocks." - We have Pick 6 and we picked up Vickery in 08 draft with our 1st round selection, so don't think we will use another top 10 pick on a ruck, especially when the coach has already said we need an outside classy ball user... FWIW I think you will end up with Gaff. I have the feeling that WCE will throw a curve ball and take someone not expected...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n-eagles-best-22/story-e6frf9jf-1225946566646
"West Coast is set to pounce on West Perth youngster Jack Darling with the fourth pick in the draft if the burly forward is overlooked by the Gold Coast, which has the first three selections." - Today's Herald Sun...

Looks like you guys might have to decide between Gaff and Heppell (Please take Gaff :))
Hmmm... is the Herald Sun usually reliable when it comes to draft rumours? Would certainly throw a spanner in the works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back