Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE - Do Not Engage With Trolls

Welcome to this the time of year when Geelong is knocked out of premiership contention - with our refusal to bottom out, when we get knocked out of finals it brings joy to opposition fans

That means we get increased incidents of trolling, both on our board and via PMs - sometimes from regular accounts and then there's those who decide to create new accounts to act as idiots

IF anyone encounters troll activity - either on this board or via PM, the best course of action is to report the content and then leave it for the mod & admin team to deal with

Do not tag trolls, quote troll posts as that increases the work for posts to be deleted, or post screenshots - anything like that will get deleted

Let's get back on track, discuss the game and even the season at hand for those who wish - though we'll try to get a season autopsy thread up in time

I thought our season was over when Guthrie got injured in his first game back.

Overall I really enjoyed this season. A good group of young stars emerged while a few club champions faded away.

The blonde hair umpire, Williamson (no.22) must have something against Geelong as he always seems to pay free kicks against us, or doesn’t pay them to us. It’s been going on for 3/4 seasons.

Can't stand that blonde head flogo.dead set nonse.

My brother came home from overseas and is watching it currently.. doesn’t know the score and said to me “don’t tell me the score!! I haven’t seen or heard anything!” With an excited look and it was half time…

Maybe I need to pre prepare the scotch and tissues??

Buy need to buy a new telly ....
Hide the remote

My brother came home from overseas and is watching it currently.. doesn’t know the score and said to me “don’t tell me the score!! I haven’t seen or heard anything!” With an excited look and it was half time…

How the hell has he avoided the result?

Is anyone else concerned Holmes has more hamstring issues at the end of a season?
I think you'll find he'll have more hammy's
He has said he's trying to build body strength. He weighed nothing when drafted.

So until he settles into the body he wants I think he'll ping a few things.

Also, Shannon Neale's shot in the last that was marked uncontested on the goal line. WTF.:mad:
The Geelong players assumed Neale would make the distance but should still have covered the line. Really disappointing from Neale and others. Neale did not handle the prelim pressure - was like fish out of water. The supporters I was watching with all agreed that Hawkins comes in for the GF if we get through.

I think the worst thing is that you'll have to relive everything after he watches it :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Geelong players assumed Neale would make the distance but should still have covered the line. Really disappointing from Neale and others. Neale did not handle the prelim pressure - was like fish out of water. The supporters I was watching with all agreed that Hawkins comes in for the GF if we get through.

Hard to know if Hawkins would of done well.

Strangely I am quite relaxed today.

With our clear weaknesses and no Holmes, a few down, outcoached and outplayed, under 3 mins to go we were in front.

What a great year for a great Club. We have unearthed some gems and got them invaluable experience.

Whilst I don't really care much I want the Lions to get up for one reason - Papley.

Spot on, very well said 👏🏼

Being at the game, and having not watched any footage yet, my simplistic gut view of why we lost was:
  • Holmes going down (he plays the 2nd half, hard to see us losing)
  • Squandering momentum (is a killer in any game, but a prelim...)
  • Allowing cheap exits from our D50 (extraordinarily disappointing in the 2nd half in particular. But then an absent Holmes not there to fill gaps impacts that as well)
In that order.

I think the worst thing is that you'll have to relive everything after he watches it :)
I’m actually proud of our boys. Oddly I haven’t found this too hard to stomach.

For a team with that midfield to fall 10 points short of a grand final.. I’m impressed really.

We are one hell of a quality coached outfit is all I can say. We overachieved massively with that midfield.

This pissed me off because when he was lining up I said he won't make the distance. If I know that, why didn't his team mates?

Was good to see Henry have a solid outing. He's criticized a bit in here. Interesting prospect. 22 years of age, 190cm tall, excellent overhead.
I wonder what plans Scott and the staff have in place for him going forward. Clearly needs to be engaged a lot more during matches.

The other one is Humphries. I know he's excellent where he is but he has all the attributes to make the transition into midfield and become a legitimate star.

In an alternate universe, Collingwood beat us in the '07 prelim and the '22 QF, St Kilda kick straight in '09 and Pods doesn't go down injured in '11.
View attachment 2118000
So, this would mean Mooney doesn't miss a sitter in '08, Stewy Dew's game doesn't mirror the size of his current midriff, and Dusty puts in an average performance in 2020?

I could still live with two flags, but I'm much happier with four! 😁

Being at the game, and having not watched any footage yet, my simplistic gut view of why we lost was:
  • Holmes going down (he plays the 2nd half, hard to see us losing)
  • Squandering momentum (is a killer in any game, but a prelim...)
  • Allowing cheap exits from our D50 (extraordinarily disappointing in the 2nd half in particular. But then an absent Holmes not there to fill gaps impacts that as well)
In that order.
They got it out of the D50 easy AF.

We struggled at times getting it out ...
Jezz had to go down to help out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back