Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think it’s fair to say he was selfish because of the way he played in one game. He’s been a team player and very good all year, he had 19 GA this year. More likely he just had a bad night and felt like he needed to do too much by himself. No one would be more disappointed than Tyson
I don’t know he has done this a few times now with the biggest incident causing Hawkins to have a go at him on the field for it

I’m really hoping the club highlights it as something that needs to be addressed for next season he does tend to ignore teammates in better positions quite often

Probably when the siren went which makes it a hard loss.
Losing close prelims is never easy.
I get we weren’t the best team, ect but sometimes the best team doesn’t win it. 08, 09, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 are all years where the best performed team of the year didn’t win it.

Firing off excuses that we weren’t the best team so it’s ok we lost doesn’t sit right with me.

I watched the replay of the prelim (I was there and needed to watch it again) and we should have won the game. We should have been 4-5 goals up in the first quarter.

Overcooking it, panic and no composure are what cost us the game.

We lost and it is what it is. But yeah I am disappointed because I think we should have won that game.
Not excuses- just watching the game, we looked more fatigued than Brisbane, and less able to handle pressure. Not much in it, but the 2 late goals after OH got us ahead were significant, and it sits ok with me that it was just not meant to be. Winning 22 makes it a bit more painful though, as that was such an enormous long-lasting high. Had we not been premiers then, last week would have been just how it goes, but we have experienced more.
The bolded is our issue- pressure- we do not have the players at present strong enough or good enough to handle that intense pressure- this game may set us up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back