Lions vs Cats vs Hawks - Which dynasty is the best?

Best dynasty???

• Cats

Votes: 234 21.2%
  • Hawks

Votes: 524 47.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 344 31.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool. I also watched the part where Hawthorn backed through the goals like gutless cowards all day, that was absolutely game changing too.

Let's face it, no Cats fan has gone back and watched that game. That's what allows them to be able to post with revisionist history about how badly they were torched on the day.

Cool. I also watched the part where Hawthorn backed through the goals like gutless cowards all day, that was absolutely game changing too.

i suppose you think a better tactic is to let your opposition kick goals despite having an option to stop it?

Last edited:
Let's face it, no Cats fan has gone back and watched that game. That's what allows them to be able to post with revisionist history about how badly they were torched on the day.
No doubt.

i

i suppose you think a better tactic is to let your opposition kick goals despite having an option to stop it?
The Afl obviously didn't like the tactics either but don't dwell on it, you should be celebrating a magnificent 3peat bro :thumbsu:

OK, well the thing is...

You are guilty of the most heinous Pot, Kettle, Black hypocrisy the football world has seen.

Try being a hawks supporter in Geelong, constantly being reminded how good the Cats are. Listening to it over dinners, at bars, supermarkets - everywhere you dare say that you're a fan of another club, you're told how the Cats are going to perhaps 'drop a flag, but no more' over the next five years or so of their premiership rampage.

Soak some of that up for 12 months or more, and you'll truly know the meaning of the term 'arrogant supporter base'.

Better yet, listen to it all year and during Grand Final week in 2008.

Then listen to the girly squealing after the wheels fall off on that great day, and despite a series of free kicks that allowed the Cats team to rally twice, there is so much denial going on that you wonder if the whole supporter base actually watched the same game.

Yes batty boy, that is true ass headed arrogance. And your post is true hypocrisy.
"Then listen to the girly squealing after the wheels fall off" - hahaha! That's gold!!

Back your truck up... Hawthorn have the most arrogant and entitled supporter base in the league. It's why they're struggling to come to grips with the fact that Geelong's 'dynasty' was superior.
What? Hahaha. Hang on... Did I read that right? What??? Hahahahaha

Lions. When you look at every player on their list they were all superstars, wouldn't say the same thing about the Hawks or Cats list. They had the best captain in Voss also.

Lions > Hawks > Cats

i love dwelling on 2008 though

Why? Because it was a Bradbury?
Do you love dwelling on 2012? I do.

Look I think the main thing Geelong supporters get pissed off about 2008 is that it was actually a complete and utter fluke. Geelong were way ahead of everyone else that year. That's the reason. The hawks didn't deserve the flag.
That's what stings the most. When someone gets something they don't deserve because they exploited the rules.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Suddenly it all makes sense... you're under the impression Geelong won in 2012....

News flash, Geelong wasn't involved.

2008, Hawks beat the Geelong side, and beat them well.

It was over well before the final minutes.

It threatened to be over a couple of times before the last quarter even. Some timely frees kept Geelong alive.

Sad, sad, sad supporters fail to recognise the truth. Geelong were pantsed in 2008. It wasn't a case of them being alive in the final minutes, it wasn't close, it was the football equivalent of a mugging.

Last edited:
Keating, McDonald, McRae, Copeland, Shattock, Hadley, McLaren they were all superstars?

I'd say 3 of those 7 players you mentioned were "AFL Standard". That's 3 compared to the 10 average players in your last 3 years. The list would be doubled if I were to count the 2008 team. So what, all up 20 - 3?

Hey Kologlifti :D
It's natural that a lot of you are calling Hawthorn as it's fresh on everyone's minds and the hype is strong. Geelongs records are far more superior in that era. Win/loss ratios, winning streak, brownlow medals, AA's and the list goes on. As time goes on the hype will diminish buts stats and facts don't.

Once again I'm not knocking your 3peat it was magnificent and could very well be a 4peat, just some of the way you Hawk supporters froth at the mouth is very amusing. But well done all the less Hawks are a Champion club and will be very hard again to knock off again next year.

Hey gimp

Brownlow medals and aa's? You rate these awards? Huge lol. Squads win premierships... Never forget this.

Geelong's 2008 record accounts for zero. Because when it mattered you were down by 30 points deep in the third quarter. All it took was an unlikely bulky hero, and you collapsed on such a large occasion.

Also your 09 victory (which you proudly don) against st kilda? St Kilda prior to 2007 had a won a premiership before your last. A club with no winning culture.

The three peat isn't fresh. I would have argued we were already better than geelong after b2b, however the third sealed the deal.

You were a great team... However you were surpassed.. Accept the reality re

KOLOKOTRONIS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I think the main thing Geelong supporters get pissed off about 2008 is that it was actually a complete and utter fluke. Geelong were way ahead of everyone else that year. That's the reason. The hawks didn't deserve the flag.
That's what stings the most. When someone gets something they don't deserve because they exploited the rules.

Cheers.

A Luke Hodge error late in our only season meeting that year resulted in a narrow win to geelong by 11 points. The teams were on par with each other.

We showed that on big stage finals we were the best team. Smashed the dogs in the qf, smashed st Kilda in the prelim. Won by a comfy margin in the grand final.

The baby Hawks deserved their flag. It gave a taste to many players who would later contribute to the three peat.

Hawthorn is geelong's worst nightmare. It has been happening for decades, since dunstall kicked two late goals in 87 to kick you out of the top 5.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Cheers.

Hawthorn defeated all comers in 2008 (who does that, Geelong certainly wouldn't have if they won in 2008) and ended with a 20-5 record

Some fluke :drunk:

Look I think the main thing Geelong supporters get pissed off about 2008 is that it was actually a complete and utter fluke. Geelong were way ahead of everyone else that year.

Cheers.

haha fluke, rightio.

geelong were way ahead of everybody, except hawthorn when it mattered. accept it, its reality, in the history books, it is what it is.

dont like rushed behinds? get better at kicking goals that defenders cant get close too. simple. you had the chance to do the same thing if you liked.

no geelong supporter in here wants to agree with, or even acknowledge that your own premiership captains rate hawthorns 'dynasty' above your own, which shows how ridiculous your arguments really are.

Inflated salary cap, merger concessions, largely inferior win / loss record and one less flag notwithstanding :drunk:

Or the fact we had to travel every second week, our home ground wasn't the G.....and we didn't have a free agency system that helped players go chase glory and want to come to us like they are on a silver platter.....

Inflated salary cap, merger concessions, largely inferior win / loss record and one less flag notwithstanding :drunk:

Not to mention Hawthorn having a significantly bigger average winning from 2012-15 then what Brisbane did from 2001-2004, a much better win/loss record, two Coleman medalists, better forward-line, have three players all kick 50+ goals in a season at the same time, better depth, finished the home & away season ranked number one in attack four years running 2012-2015. I don't think Brisbane even once finished the season ranked one in attack.

Any talk of Brisbane being 'inferior' is bull dust. We out rank them in a number of key areas and the stats prove it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions vs Cats vs Hawks - Which dynasty is the best?

Back