List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure we would have the picks/players to get a trade done or money to spend to get Zurhaar.

I wonder if putting up JSOS with a pick might get it done if he really wants out. I think we will be outbid by other clubs with decent pick and money to spend. He may also want to stay now they have Clarkson.

Agreed. I'd be more than happy to target Gunston instead. Not feeling Breust TBH.

He would be one player who would have a little bit of trade value - player swap type of trade where we may be able to get a small upgrade on him or our needs. I do agree, a slightly taller and quicker 3rd tall would be better than JSOS.
I think it was you that suggested moving Gov back to the Forward 50 a page or two back?? Now that Marchbank is back and we have Young and Weitering, it may be a good idea? And that's coming from me who thinks Gov is a better defender than forward.

From what I saw of the VFL match, they are experimenting with Kemp up forward. Looked pretty good in the third tall role.

Also, be a bit shitty to Fisher JSOS wouldn’t it?

Thats kind of how the football world works. There's always someone thats better suited to make the team better.

The problem with assessing his output from a scoreboard impact perspective, is that this year he has largely been prevented from focusing solely on scoreboard impact. JSOS has been used as a filler all throughout the ground without being given the opportunity to play 3rd tall up forward.

At the moment, Voss clearly has no confidence in running out a side that has both Pitto and TDK starting, Pitto is more advanced than TDK in the rucking but severely lacking in all other departments, whereas TDK isn't offering enough in other areas of the ground to justify holding down a position elsewhere and providing ruck relief. Once they get the ruck issue right, JSOS will be given that chance to play predominantly up forward.
Tries hard, reached his potential already IMO. Not quite good enough moving forward or to move the team forward.

Valid point.
BUT
It is time for our coaching team to embrace the concept of rotations.
Crippa gets banged up, Hewett gets banged up, Kennedy gets banged up. Setterfield showed his mettle at the end of the season and is a viable “piece”. Docherty also showed his value through the middle. Walsh needs to be saved from himself and needs to mix his time on a wing.

The midfielder I want to be a virtual constant is Cerra, as he is the best distributor by foot.

I learned a few years ago not to rely on Sydney Swans players in SuperCoach. They varied roles to keep their guns loaded. McVeigh, Hannebery, Parker and others would have monumental fortnights followed by “stinkers” as they spent a week on a HFF, HBF, wing or whatever. We need to embrace that model, and the idea of managing the likes of Crippa when tired or injured.

We have a handful of “bulls” we can utilise them all, as well as developing the likes of Carroll and our next wave of draftees.

I am over posters arguing the merits of their favourites. The only questions are who is good enough, and can they be accommodated under the salary cap?
All the bulls are slow though.

It baffles me that people want to pick the same slow players as a collective and expect the overall 22 to get quicker. I am not one to argue the merits of favourites, but we also can't defend the demerits of certain players.

Of that side that played on Sunday, if I was asked to identify 4 slower players that need to be replaced with quicker ones, I would go with Stocker, Setterfield, Silvagni and Owies. That's before even considering the wingers.

We are simply too slow. As Voss said, some tough decisions will be made.

We have 2 Kennedys already and both of them, Cripps and Hewett are better.

Although I’m a fan of Kennedy, I think we need diversity in the midfield. We don’t need 3 tanks running around on big grounds
Thats why he should play as a HF. Strong mark, good kick for goal. Pinch hit in the middle when Cripps is resting etc. Thats his role for us IMO.

Haven't we done this before?

Spoiler alert - you were the guy prepared to accept a late 2nd for Charlie last year because his body wasn't up to it.

I don't care, and TBH, I don't have the faintest what I said a year ago. Maybe I said that about Charlie, no idea if I did or didnt. I'll take your word for it that I said it :thumbsu: .

I do believe I've said more than once, that I believe every single player on this list is a tradeable commodity, and that there is no one I wouldn't trade if it improved the list.

And yeah, I absolutely believe Cuningham should be delisted. Should have been moved two years ago, just like Dow should have.

I think it was you that suggested moving Gov back to the Forward 50 a page or two back?? Now that Marchbank is back and we have Young and Weitering, it may be a good idea? And that's coming from me who thinks Gov is a better defender than forward.

If we're relying on McGov next year, we have bigger problems than we realise.

Yes beautiful kick "when fit" yadda yadda, but I think we just see out his contract, either re-sign for peanuts or move him on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're relying on McGov next year, we have bigger problems than we realise.

Yes beautiful kick "when fit" yadda yadda, but I think we just see out his contract, either re-sign for peanuts or move him on.
I think its more about where he fits best on field. I like him down back personally. but with Marchbank, Weitering and Young he's kind of not really needed there. And he'd be an improvement on JSOS as the third tall forward.

Haven't we done this before?

Spoiler alert - you were the guy prepared to accept a late 2nd for Charlie last year because his body wasn't up to it.

Must've been pretty nervous for the AA squad to be announced.

Back to back AA honours in full seasons would have been a real dent in his 'Doc isn't part of our best 22' nonsense.

I think its more about where he fits best on field. I like him down back personally. but with Marchbank, Weitering and Young he's kind of not really needed there. And he'd be an improvement on JSOS as the third tall forward.

We already have Martin in that sort of forward role. Need another genuine small forward, Motlop hopefully improves further and a Kennedy etc who can rotate through.

Everyone who is writing McDonald off will be bitterly disappointed when he's retained.

I believe he will stay, here's why...

1. He was given the year off, not the opportunity to regain fitness and play for his career. We've handled this issue before, this is how we do it. It appears clear we are planning for next year with him.

2. He's our best 22 CHB. As well as Young has done, McDonald is the better player.

3. He's the thing our list needs the most, a tall who can play key forward, key defender or 2nd ruck at a decent AFL level.

The only issue I can see is if his rehab is going poorly or he gives up.

I don't care, and TBH, I don't have the faintest what I said a year ago. Maybe I said that about Charlie, no idea if I did or didnt. I'll take your word for it that I said it :thumbsu: .

I do believe I've said more than once, that I believe every single player on this list is a tradeable commodity, and that there is no one I wouldn't trade if it improved the list.

And yeah, I absolutely believe Cuningham should be delisted. Should have been moved two years ago, just like Dow should have.
It's pretty easy. Go to the top corner of your screen and you'll see a magnifying glass. Click that and put your poster name in and youll see what you have posted.

We get it, you're one of those people who tell it like it is . Doc isn't in our best 22, Charlie should have been traded for a late second last year. Will you at least concede that some people might take some of your trade suggestions with a grain of salt.

Dave Cuningham has some things that we desperately need, pace, great hands and a great finisher. If our medical department think that his body will come good (as Charlie's, Marchbank and McGovern's seem to have) then in would be ridiculous to delist him and replace him with a speculative fourth round pick. If it is deemed that his body won't stand up to it then by all means delist.

Everyone who is writing McDonald off will be bitterly disappointed when he's retained.

1. He was given the year off, not the opportunity to regain fitness and play for his career. We've handled this issue before, this is how we do it. It appears clear we are planning for next year with him.

2. He's our best 22 CHB. As well as Young has done, McDonald is the better player.

3. He's the thing our list needs the most, a tall who can play key forward, key defender or 2nd ruck at a decent AFL level.

Will be more disappointed if we retain him then his back is cooked by round 2 and clogs the list for a 3rd straight year.

Delist him.

Keep Sam Durdin

Yeah he is the best/only 3rd tall with pace on our list so unless we get someone else to play that tall moving fwd then he would be my player at CHF.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely 2 years on the list, injured for all but a a couple of games, where we don't know if he is any good means you get delisted.

Be dumb to keep him imo

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

IDK. The question I find myself asking is are we being built to make finals or are we being bult to win finals games and a flag? They are two very different things. I use the Lions in the AFL and Parramatta in the NRL as two sides seemingly content to have teams that can make finals. Can they win Finals and Premierships? No, they cant.
I don't ask that at all.

Finals are based on contested footy and having game breakers.

We have two of the best key forwards in the Comp about to enter their prime.

We have two of the best contested mids in the game.

We have two tall kpds that can nullify anyone most weeks.

We just need to add some creme (I.e. a couple older heads) to help us in the big moments.

Whatever the cause of the 8 week malaise was needs to be fixed. Whether attitude or what. But shit we took it to two top 4 teams in the last fortnight and only lost because unfortunately we're still learning to win. It's easy to forget we've barely won a game for the last 5 years and we're getting smashed from pillar to post last season

Now the dust has settled, my optimism has returned.

Make no mistake, if no finals next year heads will roll. That is the bare minimum pass mark and the expectation has to be top 4 or 5. No excuses. They've played in big games now. They know every possession counts. They know what it means to turn up for 22 weeks, instead of 15 (which was still an upgrade on the 5 or 6 from the 3 years before that). They must develop a killed edge from this.

I personally think we'll do it

Willie Rioli apparently contemplating a move to Victoria would be of great interest to me. If we were able to lure him across along with Breust, we’d have completely transformed our forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Willie Rioli apparently contemplating a move to Victoria would be of great interest to me. If we were able to lure him across along with Breust, we’d have completely transformed our forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Would love Willie and if it’s possible to add Breust too would be awesome but if we are able to snare at least one of them would be a huge result to our forward line

In what universe is he better than young?

That's some serious revisionism.

Is an absolute plodder who's best game was a qtr up forward before many many injuries.

Young has multiple potentially elite traits and actually loked fantastic in the ruck recently too.

The is no way OMac should be on our senior list next year. None. Rookie, maybe but I'd prefer to keep durdin on then RL than Omac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back