List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

If you have a look at the team going into the game against the Giants, we have a fair whack of guys who could be struggling to make the team next year in the least.

I mean McKenzie, Boak, McEntee, Dixon, Lycett, possibly Duursma and Burton.
I think if Burton doesn’t have to play tall, and can just be a running half back on small defenders he is best 22.

If Bergman is on the wing, in order of best small defenders. We play 4 usually.

Houston, Burton, Farell, Williams, Jones, DBJ, Burgoyne. Jones has the most upside and should get games.

DBJ should be traded.

I think if Burton doesn’t have to play tall, and can just be a running half back on small defenders he is best 22.

Houston, Burton, Farell, Williams, Jones, DBJ, Burgoyne. Jones has the most upside and should get games.

DBJ should be traded.

Personally i think Jones is one of the most frustrating players on our list.

Looks like a guy that would dominate smaller guys in the SANFL but not sure he has the tempo to play AFL.

His decision making and sense of urgency at times is just terrible

Looks like a guy that would dominate smaller guys in the SANFL but not sure he has the tempo to play AFL.

Yeah. Frustrating. Is young. But has power, elite speed, long kick and a big body.

I think we are all hoping he grows into it. Maybe with AFL fitness, like with Peps, he improves with his decision making and ball handling.

It’s interesting on the other hand you have Burgoyne, who is clean, puts players into space, and has some footy smarts but just has such a light frame for AFL atm which stops him going the next level.

Only AFL games will help us see these two improve

Sorry to get a bit heavy but Ron Barassi lost his Dad when he was fighting against Hitlers forces in Trobruk. Out of respect for the family we really shouldn't put the Barrassi name with Hitler's even if Barassi was a bit dictatorial in style.

Not a TISM fan I take it?

DBJ should be traded.
Yeah, I like Burton but he was dropped a couple of times this year and we seemed most settled down back when we was out. Maybe he was a bit injured. Maybe he's just soft. I prefer Williams down back. However, when Burton gets time, he can be deadly kicking into the F50.

And playing 4 small defenders is interesting if BZT and Esava come in with Aliir. Maybe that will change next year.

I have seen enough from Jones to know he will make it and be a very good player. He just needs game time and experience, he is still so young.

Yeah. Frustrating. Is young. But has power, elite speed, long kick and a big body.

I think we are all hoping he grows into it. Maybe with AFL fitness, like with Peps, he improves with his decision making and ball handling.

It’s interesting on the other hand you have Burgoyne, who is clean, puts players into space, and has some footy smarts but just has such a light frame for AFL atm which stops him going the next level.

Only AFL games will help us see these two improve
Burgoyne looked a chance to be a potential 200 game player early days, and I have to admit to not seeing him either on the park or on tv for some time, but from what I have been told and/or picked up from match reports of Maggie's games it appears he has been anything but clean with both his disposal and his decision making this season.

You would hope the talent is still there though and with the confidence that should come from him developing a stronger AFL type body we will see it more regularly.

1000000610.gif

We've had literal captains of our club taking about the importance of their work-life balance including dismissing concerns about non-football high risk activities on the eve of a season.

He was the best ruck available, it should be an eye opener how they are seen in the league. This and the immediate pushing of Jordan Sweet news demonstrates the club knows Grundy is a big miss.

Any small forwards around the place that we could get without giving up much? Look at how well Bedford has worked out for the Giants. Still a fan of Ginnivan!

Any small forwards around the place that we could get without giving up much? Look at how well Bedford has worked out for the Giants. Still a fan of Ginnivan!

I don't know about high profile but these are some of the names Port are probably monitoring as SA players

Jesse Motlop
Corey Durdin
Jye Menzie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to our round 1 lineup

Upper%2BClass%2BTwit%2Bof%2Bthe%2Byear.png

It may be spin, but it is a fair point.

Here we are whinging about being the good blokes club, with football way down the list of priorities for our players. So it might not be such a shame to skip bringing those types in.

Honestly I think bringing Grundy in would've been the better short term result, but depending on which rucks we keep in October, I think Sweet, Visentini and hopefully Hayes is a better group for us long term. Especially during the next few years as we try to desperately keep our list deep and developing despite having no draft picks.

View attachment 1803463

We've had literal captains of our club taking about the importance of their work-life balance including dismissing concerns about non-football high risk activities on the eve of a season.

He was the best ruck available, it should be an eye opener how they are seen in the league. This and the immediate pushing of Jordan Sweet news demonstrates the club knows Grundy is a big miss.
Yup.

I like the idea that port are footy focussed and the swans aren’t…….

Also the idea that it suggests Grundy is anything other than a competitive footballer is BS. Do Geelong get criticised when they push the country or beach life? Or the players that go to Geelong for lifestyle, are they non competitive football types?

Clearly port said this is Hinkley, port and footy whilst the swans said this is Longmire, the swabs, footy and Sydney lifestyle.

It’s nice spin from a media group hell bent on never questioning Hinkley at port. Port would clearly be better off with the best ruck available rather than an 11 gamer…

It may be spin, but it is a fair point.

Here we are whinging about being the good blokes club, with football way down the list of priorities for our players. So it might not be such a shame to skip bringing those types in.

Honestly I think bringing Grundy in would've been the better short term result, but depending on which rucks we keep in October, I think Sweet, Visentini and hopefully Hayes is a better group for us long term. Especially during the next few years as we try to desperately keep our list deep and developing despite having no draft picks.
Grundy would’ve been great for 2 years .

Year 3,4 are the risk could have lycett situation where he drops off and on 650k.

Sweet get a chance and should be solid .

View attachment 1803463

The big talk was Hinkley and co being in Melbourne to speak with Grundy which he denied, and possibly the whole time we were chasing Sweet, Grundy for me was moved on by Collingwood and now Melbourne just says a lot about his worth and lost ability

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The big talk was Hinkley and co being in Melbourne to speak with Grundy which he denied, and possibly the whole time we were chasing Sweet, Grundy for me was moved on by Collingwood and now Melbourne just says a lot about his worth and lost ability

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
1000000556.jpg

What i don't understand about the Boak better not retire early next year thing

Lets say by round 5 Boak has shown he has slowed down a bit more and is going to be the playing out the year in the SANFL and decides to retire

Unlike when Kane left there is a mid season draft

In the above scenario he gets to 350 games what he deserves and gets the farewell game, on top of being the professor he is over the off/pre season.

I dont get it.

View attachment 1803463

I understand your point of view.

However he wanted his gf to secure a job I believe within the football department as she is a physio. I'm guessing it would of been on a set amount and not below 100k or even 200k.

Also wanted other employment. Ie third party deals. Lived in the Collingwood bubble to much, as if a salary of 950k isn't enough.

You can't walk Into a club and sweep everyone else's third party deals away.

Lets say by round 5 Boak has shown he has slowed down a bit more and is going to be the playing out the year in the SANFL and decides to retire

In the above scenario he gets to 350 games what he deserves and gets the farewell game, on top of being the professor he is over the off/pre season.

I dont get it.

Always look for the motive.

What do the club have to gain by getting rid of Boak rather than rolling the dice on the above worst case scenario?

There you will find your answer.

I dont get it.
Furthermore, why the club would be telling participating players, Boak in particular, their services are no longer required in the week before a knockout final??? Have any of the other live clubs done this?

Either it is media crap, or we are the dumbest club in the league. Hopefully the former. Has probably unsettled Boak and the squad at the worst possible time.

I know we have the greatest midfield depth ever, but I wouldn’t be against signing West as a delisted free agent taking Dumont list spot. Would be good Twos depth and have liked what I have seen of him in a terrible West Coast team. Would also be a nice family story coming full circle.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back