List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s in his own bucket, we can have up to 3 category B rookies at a time.

I believe our current list position is:
  • main list 33
  • rookie list 4
  • cat B 1

That means we can add 3-5 players to the main list, 0-2 rookies and 2 category B rookies.

Benny Barrett can be a cat B rookie as an NGA prospect but father/sons are normal rookies if they miss out in the national draft.
I suspect they'll put Logan Evans straight on the main list and that'll make it 4 x ND picks and 1 x rookie.

Clurey is a much smarter player and worked better with his teammates. Esava is a great size and a great athlete, but he doesn't quite have the skills or nous. I think he'll probably start the season in the SANFL.

Is he a clearly worse player than Esava, even now? I'm not sure that he is. I'd say it's pretty lineball.

Trengove was the victim of some really poor list management and Matthew Lobbe's ability vanishing.

We knew Ryder was going to get banned or at least we knew it was a big chance, and we didn't cover him. We then used Trengove in the ruck in 2016, remodeling the defence without him and deciding that he didn't fit our style anymore. We then play him as a forward in 2017 (where we were short due to another list management stuffup) which he's not suited to and we end up giving him away to the Bulldogs, where his heart isn't in it and his career peters out. I don't think it would have petered out as it did if we simply left him as a KPD the whole time.

I think Esava is better than clurey and Howard combined

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

]][emoji6][emoji6]" data-quote="PJ Power" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
I’d still get rid of McEntee and/or Charleson to allow us to bring higher quality players through our first four draft picks, then Barrett and Burgoyne. Also leaves a spot for a DFA (eg DGB).

Who’s DGB ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has a team that made a prelim, ever delisted 2 of the players from that team?! Shows how pathetic our depth is, when 2 of your best 23 in a prelim get delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the 2024 Draft thread I made two posts #469 and #478, saying I would cut/trade 12 + 8 = 20 players over the next 14 months from the final 2024 list of 43.

43 doesn't count Rookie B signing Jacob Moss in August. He has no form to comment how long he should or shouldn't stay on the list, plus technically he doesn't join the list until after the 2024 draft period.

Cut/trade in October/November 2024
3 Burton
4 Marshall
5 Houston, don't want to really get rid of him, but we get two decent 2024 1st round picks either direct or get a F1 and then retrade that for a 2024 first rounder, so be it.
10 Boak
12 Mckenzie
13 Soldo if he doesn't want to stay and play 2nd fiddle to Sweet
17 Clurey
22 Dixon

23 Williams
37 McCallum
41 McEntee
42 Narkle

In post #478 I wrote - In October 2025 I would cull / delist the following players if they don't have a big 2025
Cut/trade in October/November 2025
11 Finlayson
16 Wines
27 Ratugollea - *** when I wrote this I thought he had a 3 year contract. Found out later it was 5.
31 F Evans
33 DBJ
39 Jackson
40 K Marshall
44 Mead

Tom Scully was cut today so 8 of 20 above are gone. So 9 down and I wouldn't be surprised if another player, maybe two, is delisted before the draft.

Disappointed Scully got the chop. It means Lord, Georgiades, Luko and Rat are going to get first go barring serious injury, and Marshall and Finlayson will probably get a go early in the season but I doubt they will be there late in the season if we are charging to finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back