List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope the club is balls deep into Jesse Motlop behind the scenes.

Motlop name aside, the kid has immense talent and at this stage of his career we would be a realistic chance of getting him for a price we can afford.

He’s exactly to type of pressure small forward we should be targeting IMO.

Doesnt hurt that he grew up a mad port supporter either.

I think DBJ justifies his selection easily, applies pressure, kicks goals. Mckentee wasn’t bad last night, kicked a goal, defensively sound.

There’s X amount of possessions in a game. There are players who will command more access to the ball, this guy isn’t going to be a high volume possession gatherer. Expecting everyone to get 20+ disposals or even 15 isn’t going to happen.

I’d rather JHF have 40 and he Jed get zero and keep his place if that’s what needs to be done to get JHF that many disposals.

The biggest elephant in the room is Dixon and his goal kicking, it is shit, has been since 2017!

Given the thirst for key forwards, Ollie Lord presents as an interesting chip for us.
The trajectory of Lord and Scully will be definitive in our next era. Lord has taken some good steps but is far from a sure thing. Scully has some elite traits, and incredible goal sense, but there's also some massive gaps. If he can develop on his own, or as well as Lord then holy hell we are stocked.

DBJ is proof that 'bUt hE's iN tHe sIdE fOr hIs pReSsUre' isn't an excuse for McEntee's offensive failures. So is SPP, for that matter. It's entirely possible to do both.

The squeeze is really on with SPP back next week. Him, DBJ, Rioli and a mix of Dixon, Marshall, Finny and Georgie as the talls is putting up the full house sign. Especially with Soldo up there occasionally and rolling JHF, Rozee and Butters through there.

Georgie is the wildcard, his running power up and down the ground was surprising considering this is his first game back and not a heap of pre-season game preparation.

Yes in my Tardis and back to 1989.

Only need to drive to Glenelg Oval.

Vics up by a couple of points at half time. Bay forwards kicking most of SA's score. Haven't seen a likely mid-season draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone as in us or anyone at all?

I'm guessing no is the answer to both.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone on here at all really. Curious to see if any player on either side has caught the eye.

Apart from Chopper Read in the ruck for the Vics, no player has jumped up to look at (knowing how the SA players are all mid age plodders). Oh and that the Vics have a Dixon up forward (Hugh, a ruck/forward who was on Freo's and West Coast's list and played a game against us).

SA 17 points up at 3 quarter time. Andrew Gillon is at the game.

Last edited:
Half this board probably still wants him dropped despite his strong form.
I've been as critical of DBJ as just about anyone. I noted years ago that his drop in form coincided with his elevation to the leadership group and the deputy vice captaincy. It may be coincidence or it may be vindication, but his form this year has been much better after being dropped from the leadership group. Welcome back to the ranks of decent footballers DBJ.

I've been as critical of DBJ as just about anyone. I noted years ago that his drop in form coincided with his elevation to the leadership group and the deputy vice captaincy. It may be coincidence or it may be vindication, but his form this year has been much better after being dropped from the leadership group. Welcome back to the ranks of decent footballers DBJ.
He was decent last year post position change IMO

Feel like the order of priorities is:

1. Number 1 Key Forward, maybe its Lord and/or Scully.
2. Decent winger
3. Small forward
4. Mid to replace Ollie
5. Elite ruckman

Feel like the order of priorities is:

1. Number 1 Key Forward, maybe its Lord and/or Scully.
2. Decent winger
3. Small forward
4. Mid to replace Ollie
5. Elite ruckman
1. Scully and Lord both developing, with Visintini and two young Key Forwards in Marshall and Georgiadies.
2. ‘Winger’ Burgmann, Burgoyne, Sinn, Lorenz…
3. Just drafted Tommy A and Charleson, although Charleson looks to be plying his trade more on ball.
4. Drew, Mead, Jackson, Charleson.
5. ‘Elite’ ruckman grow on trees…

Priority should be Jack Lukocious, Kozzie Pickett, NWM, Matteas Phillipou, Harry Barnett, Harry Lemmy, Aishton Moir, but all for the ‘right price’.

Other than brining those lads back at a good price, just need to find quick blokes who don’t shirk a contest and work both ways, running all day. We have plenty of top end talent, unsure if we have enough Heart and Soul types.

Last edited:
Midfield is the key these days. We have this set for 8 years now.

Draft best available and i back in Cripps to do his thing, pick up some gems along the way.

Midfield is the key these days. We have this set for 8 years now.

Draft best available and i back in Cripps to do his thing, pick up some gems along the way.
Agree we really need to go to the draft. We really not been there for 2 yrs.
Mind you if a phillipou fell in our lap at the right price might change things

We’re in a position we can really go beat available at the draft.

Arguably our biggest hole is young developing mids and a winger. Our sanfl side is playing top ups on ball. Yes our onball brigade in the afl is very young, but we should still have young mids developing behind them cause over the next 6 years we will get injuries.

I think that while we’ve been well stocked for half backs for a while that we don’t have much in the way of defensive lockdown small / medium types.

Burton has been given that role in the past but less so lately, a bit less reliable plus he’s what 27 ish? (at a guess). Jones is a worry. Williams maybe but less lockdown and more intercepting.

we do have several players likely coming into the side from f/s nga.

I would expect

Burgoyne - winger
Montgomery - flanker
Barrett (possibly) - small forward / half forward flanker

To join us.

At most we’re likely to open 4-5 list spots. So hopefully we can grab at least one on baller in the open draft

Still think we need one more mid and a winger.

Mid - not sold on mead
Winger - boak.coming to the end and both Burgoyne and Bergman haven't set the world on fire.

Sinn is an interesting one. Needs to come on in a hell of a hurry and there's a spot for him now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back