List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't need any of the players mentioned here. We need a small defender who can defend and a forward who can convert set shots.
The forward (at least small forward) I agree with, but name me some "small defenders who can defend" that you'd consider?

Brandon Starcevich, Mason Redman, Nick Vlaustin, Brayden Maynard probably the only four in the league who I'd genuinely consider as defensive players who can contribute with ball in hand and none of them are leaving their current clubs.

Fact is lock down small defenders are a role of the past, it's all about rebound bay-bay.

The forward (at least small forward) I agree with, but name me some "small defenders who can defend" that you'd consider?

Brandon Starcevich, Mason Redman, Nick Vlaustin, Brayden Maynard probably the only four in the league who I'd genuinely consider as defensive players who can contribute with ball in hand and none of them are leaving their current clubs.

Fact is lock down small defenders are a role of the past, it's all about rebound bay-bay.
Blake Hardwick, but he might be a forward now. Absolute gun one on one and beautiful kick

Hardwick is an obvious one. but there might even be good options in the lower leagues.

and they dont need to use the ball. the whole point of having Houston, Burton and Farrell is that they take every kick. Otherwise why play them in defence at all

Agree with this. I think our need for a small forward is more in the Chandler, Neal-Bullen, Cunningham mould - hard running link man who can win the ball, distribute inside f50 and defend / apply pressure all over the ground.
Tom Anastasopoulos will hopefully be that player and soon. Like what I’ve seen of him so far.

I don't understand how woodcock hasn't made an afl list again
Been in the vfl team of the year twice and had 27 touches on the weekend in the State game on the weekend
It's crazy. Imagine how he must feel getting delisted and then seeing McEntee still on our list (with another year remaining!). Splinterdick is 5x the footballer Jed is

Not sure if this has already been mentioned on the board but someone I'd target is Beau McCreery. He's got a contract till 2027 so might not be easy to get him out. But he's a South Australian and I wonder what it'd take for Collingwood to let him go in terms of picks/players.

His pressure and speed are great. Good kick inside 50 and a decent finisher.

With Pendles and Sidebottom getting closer to retirement and Tom Mitchell being on the fringes, wonder whether Pies would take someone like Wines who's kinda surplus to our midfield mix for Beau. Perhaps we may need something to be involved coming back our way. While I find it hard to value him cause he's quite important to Collingwood's forward structure, I think it could be worth consideration

We have an issue that we are a bit tall all over the place. That said I'd rather give Finlayson a run down the ground than Mitch Georgiades.
I'm the oposite. I think whilst we have the forward timber use mitch sparingly up the ground. In the hope he can pinch hit in the middle. Kouta Esk.
If he can go in the middle for 10 min a game it gives jhf a break down forward and we know how damaging he can be forward.
Also changes the whole dynamic of the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett was a bees dick away from done in that year before he re-signed with Melbourne. He is a star. I was spewing we didnt get him.

I think we will continue to target SA lads and this will include Day, Wanganeen-Milera, Philippou, Powell, Hayward, Bailey, Lukosious
So we are the team for all South Australians?

Pickett was a bees dick away from done in that year before he re-signed with Melbourne. He is a star. I was spewing we didnt get him.

I think we will continue to target SA lads and this will include Day, Wanganeen-Milera, Philippou, Powell, Hayward, Bailey, Lukosious
Which Day are we talking about here? Not the geriatric Day on the Gold Coast?
WM, Phillippou would be two good gets

Would be happy to throw big money at Zac Bailey in future, hard nut who can play small forward and now is in the middle. Looks pretty entrenched at Lions however.

Would be happy to throw big money at Zac Bailey in future, hard nut who can play small forward and now is in the middle. Looks pretty entrenched at Lions however.
Love Zac Bailey, would fit so well with us. I think he's originally from Darwin, moved down to get drafted out of SA though.

I don't understand how woodcock hasn't made an afl list again
Been in the vfl team of the year twice and had 27 touches on the weekend in the State game on the weekend

I watched a chunk of that game and he has zero hurt factor - that's what finished his time at Port. He's one of those Sam Gray sized players who can find a bit of the ball but has no outstanding features to his game.

Pickett had literally told his agent he wanted to leave Melbourne - not because he didn't like the Club (loves the Club apparently), but because he hates the city (as someone who lived there for 9 years, I concur). He then went into his exit meeting fully prepared to tell them he was going to leave.

I can't definitively say what happened in his exit meeting outside of that he never ended up requesting a trade. Someone I know who's connected to Kozzie's side of things said the culture he grew up in was one of loyalty but also a strong respecting of the elders, and they had reason to think this may have confused things in the exit meeting to the point he decided to stay rather than leave.

It's no secret Port are always monitoring SA born players at other Clubs regardless of their contract status. Hayward is getting the most media hype but given Port have the money for another A-Grader this year I wouldn't be surprised if they aim a bit higher than him, personally.

I watched Lukosius carve up the crows in Darwin last year and thought he would look amazing in our forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back