List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not sure Garcia really moves the needle much. Happy to be wrong.
Almost seems like a shuffling chairs on the McEntee, Francis Evans, Narkle roundabout
We've got 44 players on our list, not all of them are going to move the needle. Doesn't mean you shouldn't look to improve where you can. Garcia probably isn't a future AA but he's easily better than the names you mentioned, and I'd argue he's better than Mead too.

Wouldn’t mind actually having some crafty goal kicking smalls up forward like Rioli rather than targeting more failed midfielders but better than state league players.

It’s no surprise we fail to score when majority of our smalls are all defensive players and don’t create anything on their own.

Look at Brisbane with Cameron, Lohman, Ah Chee.

Pies the year before with Hill, Elliot, Mcreery.

Cats with Stengle, Close, Miers.

They are all attacking, damaging and goal kicking forwards. We need to stop continuing to recruit the same type of player up forward. We don’t need another Garcia type who may kick 10-15 goals. We need an actual goal kicking forward with craft and forward smarts that actually attacks the goals.

So sick of half our forward line playing defensively rather than attacking and actually causing the defenders to be mindful of them.

Thankfully we took Boak over Thorpe, but would have been nice to have Jack Riewoldt.

Jeremy Howe would have been significantly better than Ben Jacobs

Lachie Neale would have been a pick every team would regret ignoring.

Missed our chance at Alex Pearce

We took Boak over Selwood. Apparently clubs, including us, were concerned about Selwood's knee reconstruction, according to Peter Rohde. Since then we have drafted players with injury history.

If he can get back to full fitness I'm of the opinion SPP's bull in a china shop attack on the ball and any oppo player who gets in his way should improve the goal scoring chances of who ever the small forwards are on any given day.

I expect Rioli, DBJ and Rozee ( who many of us would like to spend more time up forward ) would all improve their goal scoring outputs with SPP in the vicinity to keep the opposition defenders honest, he has been a bigger loss than many of us probably predicted.

It would be great to pick up an A grade small forward like eg Pickett, but that is unlikely to happen and I have my doubts a fringe player from another club would do much, or any more than the aforementioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back