List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

It took winning a spoon but I’m glad we’re now putting a modicum of effort into recruiting for the magpies.

Tom Scully will benefit greatly.

It took winning a spoon but I’m glad we’re now putting a modicum of effort into recruiting for the magpies.

Hopefully he doesn't get delisted

Looking forward to this time next year when we try to trade our way back into the first round of next year's draft.

Always mortgaging our future for the next missing piece of the Donuts puzzle.

When was the last time we didn't trade our future 1st? Feels like every year we do it
The last two drafts have been really underwhelming for us.

McCallum-Scully-Marshall
Anastosopoulos-Charleson-Lorenz

Could end up with 1, likely at most 2, of those six players playing in our AFL side.

Would be nice to feel excited and hopeful again going into a draft.

Looking forward to this time next year when we try to trade our way back into the first round of next year's draft.

Always mortgaging our future for the next missing piece of the Donuts puzzle.

They'll be able to trade two years' futures from next year - no doubt we'll max out that new credit card in record time too.

They'll be able to trade two years' futures from next year - no doubt we'll max out that new credit card in record time too.
Don't worry, Kochie and Hinkley will jump off just before the cliff comes. At least we.wont have debt.

McCallum-Scully-Marshall

Could end up with 1, likely at most 2, of those six players playing in our AFL side.

I would be happy to watch Day 1 again with some investment.

So 12 and 14 for Dan from the Blues
Luko and 13 from the Suns for F1, F2 current 2, Soldos F2, and we pay his whole contract.

Go to the draft with 3 picks in a row.
happy-birthday-happy-birthday-to-you.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCallum-Scully-Marshall

The 2022 draft is looking rough. Scully is the best one of the three and even he is not safe.

2023 draft is okay. Lorenz looks promising and Anastosopoulos probably should have gotten a few games. Not sure about Charleson though. Having said that, Logan Evans is a HUGE tick with big upside and in my personal opinion is ahead of where Houston was at the same point of his career.

Should we be getting in on this and send Houston to Richmond?

How in the ever loving **** is picks 10 and 11 on the table for Bolton, and pick 18 for baker, and we’re arguing over getting something added to pick 13 for Houston ?
The 2022 draft is looking rough. Scully is the best one of the three and even he is not safe.

2023 draft is okay. Lorenz looks promising and Anastosopoulos probably should have gotten a few games. Not sure about Charleson though. Having said that, Logan Evans is a HUGE tick with big upside and in my personal opinion is ahead of where Houston was at the same point of his career.
2023 could be okay for us , tho time will tell. Lorenz looks very promising and Evans already cemented himself in the 22.

I don’t think Evans has anywhere near the upside of Houston. Doesn’t have the weapons , I don’t see the high end player there, but that’s not at all a knock. still a great find and could be very good for us.
I'm hoping we have a gem with Barrett
It’s so impossible to tell with these types. They have a habit of showing this kind of junior form then disappearing. Hell, I seem to remember the 2018 and 2019 champs sides having half a dozen small mids / forwards that have all but disappeared / become fringe players. Mcintee for example lol.

But there’s enough to like there to be keen to find out. The fact he’s genuinely quick for one.

I’d take the gamble and give Scully another contract , there’s a chance he won’t make it but still a chance he will I reckon , he’s a decent mark, kick , ground play is reasonable and his relief ruckwork is passable at SANFL level .
Lorenz looks a decent player , Anastasopolous looks a chance , Charlton did have a significant knee injury during the year so may be hard to tell , .Marshall did look very bland , the club will know better than me on him . Full backs notoriously don’t mature till the mid 20’s , , if hey did keep those they’d have to delist one or more of Narkle, Clurey F. Evans , McEntee ,D.Williams . Who are depth but not particularly good depth

How in the ever loving **** is picks 10 and 11 on the table for Bolton, and pick 18 for baker, and we’re arguing over getting something added to pick 13 for Houston ?

Because all the picks are flowing into Victoria in Freo's case.

Beep Beep don't trade for Richards pick me instead

Benny Barrett tearing up the State Combine today

View attachment 2139270
Barrett is the reason I'm okay with missing out on Richards. Barrett already starts ahead of Evans, McEntee and Narkle for me. Replace SPP in Mead's role. Richards then becomes a depth player who competes with Barrett, DBJ and SPP for a spot

It took winning a spoon for us to say enough is enough and push to leave the SANFL.
This obviously put a fright up the SANFL and the AFL so that the AFL has now forced the SANFL to give us more power to recruit a more decent team and slightly lessen the disadvantage we have had for years. The SANFL have agreed because even though they whinge and hate us, Port and Crows leaving would decimate them, and there is probably some money involved. Still wish we would leave that pissant comp though.
At least that is my understanding of what has happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back