List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2022 draft is looking rough. Scully is the best one of the three and even he is not safe.

2023 draft is okay. Lorenz looks promising and Anastosopoulos probably should have gotten a few games. Not sure about Charleson though. Having said that, Logan Evans is a HUGE tick with big upside and in my personal opinion is ahead of where Houston was at the same point of his career.
Evans is waaaaaaay ahead of where Houston was

The last two drafts have been really underwhelming for us.

McCallum-Scully-Marshall
Anastosopoulos-Charleson-Lorenz

I would be happy to watch Day 1 again with some investment.
Are we really upset with not having a first in those two drafts?

I mean we would've ended up with Matteus Phillippou (assuming we'd take him over Ginbey who West Coast selected with our pick) and Taylor Goad, instead of checks notes Jason Horne-Francis and Willie Rioli.

Our use of trading out future firsts has been ****ing awesome until last trade period.

If Benny Barrett is so highly rated why didn't South Adelaide give him a game? It says he's got 2 goals in 7 games in their reserves.
Great question

The reason, at least in the games I watched is, that Barrett played a lot more midfield minutes for South Adelaide than I'd think he would at AFL level. He was also playing as a high half forward rather than inside 50 small forward.

I don't think he'd have been afforded that at Senior level for the Panthers side given he barely played midfield before. Whether this was a request from Port as part of his NGA development, I'm not sure.

For me he's a inside 50 small forward that has speed and pressure in spades and good goal sense.

Are we really upset with not having a first in those two drafts?

I mean we would've ended up with Matteus Phillippou (assuming we'd take him over Ginbey who West Coast selected with our pick) and Taylor Goad, instead of checks notes Jason Horne-Francis and Willie Rioli.

Our use of trading out future firsts has been ****ing awesome until last trade period.

You do realise the two things are not mutually dependent?

I can be happy to have gained JHF and look forward to being in the first round of this draft.

Great question

The reason, at least in the games I watched is, that Barrett played a lot more midfield minutes for South Adelaide than I'd think he would at AFL level. He was also playing as a high half forward rather than inside 50 small forward.

I don't think he'd have been afforded that at Senior level for the Panthers side given he barely played midfield before. Whether this was a request from Port as part of his NGA development, I'm not sure.

For me he's a inside 50 small forward that has speed and pressure in spades and good goal sense.
Barrett has been a mid most of his jnr career. He's on record saying he has been struggling to adapt to the small fwd role until this year when he was advised his AFL potential was as a small fwd rather than a small mid

Barrett has been a mid most of his jnr career. He's on record saying he has been struggling to adapt to the small fwd role until this year when he was advised his AFL potential was as a small fwd rather than a small mid
I'll admit I didn't watch vision prior to his u17s but I don't think he played much midfield last year. Then this year he played a fair few mid minutes but simply couldn't have done that in Senior level because of his size. He's kinda like a Pickett who can probably have 1 or 2 CBAs but not regularly like he did in the reserves side for Panthers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle has offered Richmond its three first-round picks – 10, 11 and 18 – for both Liam Baker and Shai Bolton

Fremantle has offered Richmond its three first-round picks – 10, 11 and 18 – for both Liam Baker and Shai Bolton​

Houston is a slightly better player than Bolton 10 & 11 and is well above Baker 18. Fortunately no club has the brains or selections to offer what Dan is worth - so he stays! Our best option from day one.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back