List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t start bringing important context and common sense into these forums. Port simply had to trade for Rat and Soldo, and did so in likely the only way it was possible. If port didn’t bring them in and Sweet was a flop or Aliir got injured, the season virtually became a right-off. I won’t be gaslit into knowing anything else.
We never needed to trade for Soldo. Three ruckmen went as free agents during that off season, Flynn, Goldstein and Naismith. And we could've given Sam Hayes another year.

And we could've walked Ratugolea to the preseason draft. And if Geelong had decided to go through with redrafting Ratugolea even though he wanted out, then we would've gone into the season with Aliir, BZK, McKenzie and Clurey as defensive options. With extreme project cases in MaCullum and Kyle Marshall.

And there were three defenders in Joel Hamling, Toby Pink and Oscar MacDonald who were signed as free agents. In the same trade period that we overspent on Esava.

What about immature name calling?
Ironically calling somebody a smug bellend is almost the very definition of smug.

Your attempted Keatingisms aren't funny and don't impress anyone. Repeatedly calling fellow posters in a footy discussion forum cucks, dickheads and bellends etc is really the act of a vainglorious nincompoop.

You have an opinion to post and often I think they worthwhile. Others have the same right and a reasonable expectation not to be called patronizing names for disagreeing or questionably using 'gaslit'. GTFU.

Without Rat and Soldo, we don’t finish 2nd on the ladder. Rat was massive on Hawkins when we beat Geelong, and also provided the only target up forward for the back half of the year.

Soldo in the few games he played helped us win, which Dante at that stage wouldn’t have had a big impact.

You have to look at last years trade period as a whole. Sweet was massive, but he could have been a massive flop too.

There is every chance without those two guys that we don’t make finals. This just shows how important depth is.

At the other end of the scale, depth doesn’t win you the grand final, and you need elite players. Losing Dan Houston is massive.

Without Rat and Soldo, we don’t finish 2nd on the ladder. Rat was massive on Hawkins when we beat Geelong, and also provided the only target up forward for the back half of the year.

Soldo in the few games he played helped us win, which Dante at that stage wouldn’t have had a big impact.

You have to look at last years trade period as a whole. Sweet was massive, but he could have been a massive flop too.

There is every chance without those two guys that we don’t make finals. This just shows how important depth is.

At the other end of the scale, depth doesn’t win you the grand final, and you need elite players. Losing Dan Houston is massive.

And if we hadn’t of finished 2nd in the home and away season we would be in the exact same place we are now, except we would have our first round pick.

Finishing 2nd meant shit **** all.

And you’re also basing your hypothetical on the assumption that we couldn’t have gotten the out of contract fringe player in the psd, or for a reasonable pick once Geelong realised we weren’t going to bend over.

Ratugolea didn't have an awful season at all playing quite a few different roles. If we'd picked him up for pick 48 (which is probably around what we should have paid) and people viewed him as a project big guy which he is, he'd probably be looked at pretty favourably.

He has the curse of always being linked to a first rounder because that's what we gave up for no reason in order to acquire him.

Ratugolea didn't have an awful season at all playing quite a few different roles. If we'd picked him up for pick 48 (which is probably around what we should have paid) and people viewed him as a project big guy which he is, he'd probably be looked at pretty favourably.
He's 26 and just finished his 8th season on an AFL list.

If we picked up a forward for pick 480 and they went six games with a grand total of one behind combined to show for them, I'd still be disappointed.

He said replacing Dixon with Luko and that’s it.

I think some of the commentary around Richards has been harsh for no real reason.

Not many good small forwards on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Similar to my above post.

Richards sounds like he might have some decent talent and potential and if we can get him for a third I'm all for it. If he comes good like Jordan Sweet did this year he could be a massive win for us, as we lack any small forwards with genuine goal sense outside of Rioli.

The problem is Collingwood acting like we need to cough up a 2nd for him, or pretending like he has a material impact on the Houston deal. He has no actual trade value.

Ratugolea brings the ball to ground for Finlayson who is like an extra midfielder when the ball hits the ground and this is observed closely by Marshall and Lukosius who are watching from pie stands on opposing half forward flanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question as I had thought he was rated higher (and he appears to kick multiple goals often) - Adelaide are doing that trade so that they match their later pick (in the 60s) for Tyler Welsh. Is he any chance of being bid on much earlier? Could we have a go at him at 39?

Essendon getting decent value but it’s a horrible result for them. They are stuck mid table.

Their concern was a bid for Isaac Kako coming in before their pick 9, so they shifted the first round to next year and picked up a heap of later round points.

Serious question as I had thought he was rated higher (and he appears to kick multiple goals often) - Adelaide are doing that trade so that they match their later pick (in the 60s) for Tyler Welsh. Is he any chance of being bid on much earlier? Could we have a go at him at 39?
Also partly because gws are looking at future picks for pearling. Works both ways for them. I would hope we don’t make a play for welsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back