List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Without Rat and Soldo, we don’t finish 2nd on the ladder. Rat was massive on Hawkins when we beat Geelong, and also provided the only target up forward for the back half of the year.

Soldo in the few games he played helped us win, which Dante at that stage wouldn’t have had a big impact.

You have to look at last years trade period as a whole. Sweet was massive, but he could have been a massive flop too.

There is every chance without those two guys that we don’t make finals. This just shows how important depth is.

At the other end of the scale, depth doesn’t win you the grand final, and you need elite players. Losing Dan Houston is massive.

Such a good post. Well said Chow.

As for the last paragraph, I’d suggest having good depth played a significant role in Brisbane winning the premiership.

People throwing names around like Goldstein being an alternative to Soldo (he wanted to play under Scott) simply have no concept of what is involved in recruiting players to a club, particularly when they are not from SA. In hindsight the trading for Soldo demonstrate first hand the perils of taking this route.

Ironically calling somebody a smug bellend is almost the very definition of smug.

Your attempted Keatingisms aren't funny and don't impress anyone. Repeatedly calling fellow posters in a footy discussion forum cucks, dickheads and bellends etc is really the act of a vainglorious nincompoop.

You have an opinion to post and often I think they worthwhile. Others have the same right and a reasonable expectation not to be called patronizing names for disagreeing or questionably using 'gaslit'. GTFU.
When you say you, you’re not talking about me as you 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back