List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Why didn't we give them an incentive? Say we're not doing the deal without it. They don't get Noble and they're stuck with Luko and Ratkins' unwanted contracts.

Given the choice of Rioli and Luko in your team but no Noble or Noble in your team but no Rioli or Luko I know what choice I’m taking.

How does tim membrey not have a contract?

It's official you have GWS flag under ya name now.

That makes you an official troll! 😜

I couldn’t bring myself to delete my account so did the dirty boom tish

Seriously **** the current version of Port Adelaide and **** the biased, corrupt and woke league.

I'm going to put you on ignore now because 1) I understand a helluva lot more about the intricacies of the situation than you, and 2) I'm sick of you arguing about the same bloody viewpoints just from a tiny different angle.

We are oil and water on this and that is perfectly ok. Go and argue with someone who actually gives a shit.

On this trading stuff I stand with Chewy.

What I don’t understand is why Cripps and/or Davies tells you so much. The messaging is not resonating in here but I think that’s because fans see footy players as commodities moreso than actual people. Looking at my own circumstances and I’ve told employers I’m moving on and won’t return, and I’ve been asked to voluntarily leave employers and look elsewhere. This is real life.

The notion of holding someone to a contract when they don’t want to be around is mostly fanciful and highly dependent on the specifics of the scenario.

Collingwood are picking up membrey aren’t they?

Seems like a pretty handy player to secure as a DFA.

Thought the same about stringer getting traded to gws for basically nothing.

Must be more to it because I thought they were both one of the better players from saints and Essendon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Collingwood delisted Kreuger today. I don't mind him but there's no room on our list for him as it is.

Also have to consider the SSP spot Port are trying to keep open for Jack Watkins.

On this trading stuff I stand with Chewy.

What I don’t understand is why Cripps and/or Davies tells you so much. The messaging is not resonating in here but I think that’s because fans see footy players as commodities moreso than actual people. Looking at my own circumstances and I’ve told employers I’m moving on and won’t return, and I’ve been asked to voluntarily leave employers and look elsewhere. This is real life.

The notion of holding someone to a contract when they don’t want to be around is mostly fanciful and highly dependent on the specifics of the scenario.

I've not received this information just because they want me to be a mouthpiece. I merely try to present information in such a way that gets people to think about their position. I don't care if people change their viewpoint or not. What irks me is when a select group of people will keep rehashing the same positions over and over as if you're banging your head against a wall. Some people just want to vent and I get that, but I'm certainly not interested in that.

People don't have to agree with everything the Club does - I certainly don't and I had some pretty hard words with some people this week.

Collingwood delisted Kreuger today. I don't mind him but there's no room on our list for him as it is.

Also have to consider the SSP spot Port are trying to keep open for Jack Watkins.

I'm not quite sure he's an AFL list contender. One reason they've got him as a trial deal over the pre-season is so they can get around the SANFL salary cap stuff and pay him a little bit extra.

Collingwood are picking up membrey aren’t they?

Seems like a pretty handy player to secure as a DFA.

Thought the same about stringer getting traded to gws for basically nothing.

Must be more to it because I thought they were both one of the better players from saints and Essendon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Stringer has got some dodgy mates apparently.

I'm not quite sure he's an AFL list contender. One reason they've got him as a trial deal over the pre-season is so they can get around the SANFL salary cap stuff and pay him a little bit extra.

From the news story on him, he will be at Port even if he doesn't get an AFL spot. so the Magpies midfield is being strengthened as it needed to be.

Stringer has always had that aura of being 100% trouble and issues. Would want to keep him far away.

I’ll enjoy the ride. He’s an entertaining package if nothing else. And if there’s one thing we should all be taking away from decisions being made by this farcical league and gutless club, you should only watch it and invest in it for entertainment, because there is no integrity or accountability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My takeout from trade period is that Port has prioritised not bottoming out over trying to win a flag.

They sold Houston at below market value to get into the 2024 draft before next years’ compromised draft and Tasmania’s entry concessions.

Collingwood by contrast, with players over 30 and Tasmania coming in, have put all their chips in for a flag in 2025 - they have a cliff coming after that.

Port lacks ambition and wants to define success as being thereabouts without ever winning a flag.

The list management reflects that strategy.
We ll be fine in the tassie draft we’ve got the Pilot 🧑‍✈️

Why don't people just accept that the club is rightfully happy to move on and give an opportunity to a talented and hungry young player instead of an entitled and toxic jerk?

Sounds like how the Wingard trade was sold to us all over again.

I don't mind Houston being moved on, or anyone really. JHF is probably the only player that would hurt. But again, it's how the club conducts ourselves. Always happy to lose now on the chance we might win in the future. Always kicking the can down the road to a future time, and attacking anyone who questions it. Never taking accountability either individually or as a club, never raising our standards below the gutter. Gaslighting and treating the supporters like mugs.

We've lost a star player for significant unders. The club can sugarcoat it all they want. I don't care that we have other halfbacks. I don't care that he's an entitled prick, he's an AFL footballer, they all are. The supporters can just eat yet another shit sandwich and if they complain, we'll tell them how they're too stupid to understand the intricacies of list management.

I don't mind Houston being moved on, or anyone really. JHF is probably the only player that would hurt. But again, it's how the club conducts ourselves. Always happy to lose now on the chance we might win in the future. Always kicking the can down the road to a future time, and attacking anyone who questions it. Never taking accountability either individually or as a club, never raising our standards below the gutter. Gaslighting and treating the supporters like mugs.

We've lost a star player for significant unders. The club can sugarcoat it all they want. I don't care that we have other halfbacks. I don't care that he's an entitled prick, he's an AFL footballer, they all are. The supporters can just eat yet another shit sandwich and if they complain, we'll tell them how they're too stupid to understand the intricacies of list management.
Don't have an issue with it if Luko and the picks can get 2 x AA jumpers between them - I see that as break even - but it might be a win. Not sure Houston has another 2 in him although they will be easier to get at campaignerywood

I don't think the club are trying to sell it to anyone like that ... and I certainly wouldn't want my post to read like that. I think the club saw an opportunity with Houston wanting to leave to get back into a strong draft (that they had traded out of in desperation) and they took it. So they pivoted and tried to make the best of the situation, albeit the trade appears unders on paper.

People are trying to simplify it by saying we should've just kept him if Collingwood couldn't or wouldn't give us more but it's not that simple. Houston's conduct over recent times and especially this week made his position at the club, in my opinion, untenable. This was likely a deliberate strategy to make sure there was no chance of Port holding him to his contract. And in the end, what's the point of keeping a disgruntled player who doesn't want to play for your club and will 100% be asking for a trade again next year? So you can get one more draft pick? So you can create a tough guy image at the trade table? Culturally you're just better off moving him on and giving an opportunity to someone who wants to play for the club.

People are trying to simplify it by saying we should've just kept him if Collingwood couldn't or wouldn't give us more but it's not that simple. Houston's conduct over recent times and especially this week made his position at the club, in my opinion, untenable. This was likely a deliberate strategy to make sure there was no chance of Port holding him to his contract. And in the end, what's the point of keeping a disgruntled player who doesn't want to play for your club and will 100% be asking for a trade again next year? So you can get one more draft pick? So you can create a tough guy image at the trade table? Culturally you're just better off moving him on and giving an opportunity to someone who wants to play for the club.
This is what bad clubs with weak cultures say to themselves to make themselves feel better when good players want to leave. Good clubs back themselves in. Sydney could've led Ryan O'Keefe go for unders when he asked for a trade. Instead they backed themselves and he won a Norm Smith Medal in a flag for them.

Your mates the SUNS have made an absolute stack of bad trades over the years because 'culturally they're better off giving an opportunity to someone who wants to play for the club'. Somehow they still have the worst culture of any club since University. Go figure.

I don't think the club are trying to sell it to anyone like that ... and I certainly wouldn't want my post to read like that. I think the club saw an opportunity with Houston wanting to leave to get back into a strong draft (that they had traded out of in desperation) and they took it. So they pivoted and tried to make the best of the situation, albeit the trade appears unders on paper.

Geelong kept Tim Kelly and Ratugolea to their contracts for a year and then got great value for them. Sydney kept Papley to his contract and ended up keeping him. Didn't seem to have a negative effect on their cultures. Geelong especially keep on winning at the trade table.

I just don't buy it. If Houston felt he could get away with throwing the toys out of the pram, he did it because he didn't respect us and knew we'd fold. When you're weak in everything you do, you get walked over time and time again. That's Port Adelaide under Koch to a tee.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back