List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

The part that pisses me off is that only Gold Coast and ports list management team were at Connor sports on the last day nutting out the deal. Meanwhile Collingwood excused themselves saying “we’ve done our part” having given up **** all.

Like how does that happen? They should have been the ones doing the heavy lifting.

I’ve said for years that we’ve always shown a soft underbelly

When rich says they need a pick or no deal , why doesn’t port have the capacity to say the same thing?

The only thing separating them are a willingness to stand fast.
"Justin Leppitsch said before he'd agree to throw in pick 13 to the Houston deal he had to sleep with my wife, so I had no choice but to let him" - Jason Cripps, probably

Collingwood are picking up membrey aren’t they?

Seems like a pretty handy player to secure as a DFA.

Thought the same about stringer getting traded to gws for basically nothing.

Must be more to it because I thought they were both one of the better players from saints and Essendon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Membrey's end to the season suggested he still has a bit left in the tank. Coll being all in he could be handy pick up for them. Only 30, I thought he was a bit older.

The part that pisses me off is that only Gold Coast and ports list management team were at Connor sports on the last day nutting out the deal. Meanwhile Collingwood excused themselves saying “we’ve done our part” having given up **** all.

Like how does that happen? They should have been the ones doing the heavy lifting.

Collingwood, like Geelong, Richmond and Hawthorn, are arrogant and entitled football clubs. But they can hold this position because the league panders to them. Port will never get the same level of favouritism, particularly whilst the board is league controlled. The fact that there are three very different governance structures amongst the 18 clubs is an indictment on every former league administrator that had enough power to make it a level playing field.

Two things can be correct at the same time.

Dan probably acted like a dickhead, according to those in the know, and the list management team did pretty poorly extracting more value.

Calling his character into question doesn't have to be labelled some sort of kool-aid drinking cope.
I think the disconnect between the ITKs (Treekay and Chewy) and those disagreeing here is it’s hard to believe the club when it feels like a “boy who cried wolf” situation. The club has always been weak when it comes to trading, but now the club wants us to believe they were trying to be Mr. Tough Guy? (and they weren’t)

Davies also came out again this year with his “not trying to win trades” speeches. Most of us don’t know what happened with Houston, so it’s also hard to judge the club’s decision when we’re missing a big chunk of the story here.

It’s very easy for most of us to see it as the club taking the easy way out again and being Mr. Nice Guy. It’s hard to believe anything the club says when they try talk themselves out of everything.

I think the disconnect between the ITKs (Treekay and Chewy) and those disagreeing here is it’s hard to believe the club when it feels like a “boy who cried wolf” situation. The club has always been weak when it comes to trading, but now the club wants us to believe they were trying to be Mr. Tough Guy? (and they weren’t)

Davies also came out again this year with his “not trying to win trades” speeches. Most of us don’t know what happened with Houston, so it’s also hard to judge the club’s decision when we’re missing a big chunk of the story here.

It’s very easy for most of us to see it as the club taking the easy way out again and being Mr. Nice Guy. It’s hard to believe anything the club says when they try talk themselves out of everything.

Port got appropriately compensated for the losses of Burgoyne, Polec and Wingard. At the time I was furious to trade Polec and Wingard but the club got it right.

I'd suggest the worst trade blunder in the clubs' history is not moving Lobbe to Footscray for pick 11 which I think became Charlie Curnow.

Port got appropriately compensated for the losses of Burgoyne, Polec and Wingard. At the time I was furious to trade Polec and Wingard but the club got it right.

I'd suggest the worst trade blunder in the clubs' history is not moving Lobbe to Footscray for pick 11 which I think became Charlie Curnow.
Burgoyne was before the current regime, I wouldn’t include him in this.

No offence, Waspy, but you think last year’s Soldo and Esava deals were good, so we should leave it there.

It’s also worth mention North had to give up that 1st that year because of a Taryn Thomas bid. So that was an easy deal for both.

Yes, Gold Coast are generally terrible at trading and list management but it was Collingwood who didn’t pay a fair price.

Collingwood never had enough to give and shouldn’t have been in the running for Houston at all.

If I walk into a bullion dealer and I really want to buy gold

And I ask to buy an ounce of gold but only have $50

The guy behind the counter tells me to fk off and don’t waste his time.

Not Port though!
I’ve said for years that we’ve always shown a soft underbelly

When rich says they need a pick or no deal , why doesn’t port have the capacity to say the same thing?

The only thing separating them are a willingness to stand fast.

And not upset/offend people

We want everyone to like us remember

Criminal to cut Scully and keep Burton, Atkins, McIntee, Williams and Boak on the list…

And I like Williams and Boak!
Burton might be soft and lazy but he is undoubtedly AFL standard and a bloody good player when he’s on.

Similarly with Williams, outside of being painfully slow, he’s a very good player.

Burgoyne was before the current regime, I wouldn’t include him in this.

No offence, Waspy, but you think last year’s Soldo and Esava deals were good, so we should leave it there.

It’s also worth mention North had to give up that 1st that year because of a Taryn Thomas bid. So that was an easy deal for both.

I do not think the Soldo and Esava deals were good. I think the deal was necessary at the time, I think the deal was reasonable at the time, and I think with the benefit of hindsight, the trade has likely turned out to be poor (we are still not in a position to quantify what it is in terms of player talent that was given up to acquire these players). Seems like I need to put that on the record.

Broken record but please remember that Aliir is 30, McKenzie and Clurey are cooked, and BZT cannot play on big forwards.
Sweet was not a known quantity at the highest level, and Visintini is still very raw. I dare say I sit most of this forum around a table and look at how we approach 2024 and beyond, and the majority of you would pursue Soldo and Esava to fill the glaring holes in the list. Suggesting otherwise is either a lie, or said with the benefit of hindsight, or both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weak club

Simples
Yep.

Criminal to delist K Marshall or Scully. Both had injury issues, and 200+cm teenagers take time to develop.
So keep them on the list and see how they track next season.

Delist Narkle, F Evans, Charleson and McEntee. Mac would be on minimal wages, so we should be able to manage his payout within the salary cap rules.

Criminal to delist K Marshall or Scully. Both had injury issues, and 200+cm teenagers take time to develop.

Delist Narkle, F Evans, Charleson and McEntee. Mac would be on minimal wages, so we should be able to manage his payout within the salary cap rules.
Delist F.Evans, McIntee, Burton, Atkins, Narkle and Williams before tossing Charleson, please. Let alone Scully!

Last edited:

K Marshall isn't up to the level and never will be.
Scully - there are plenty of forwards in this draft who have a better outlook than him.

Can't stick with meh players for years and years hoping they come good. Move on and spin the wheel again.

And we shouldn't take a ~400k cap hit for delisting contracted players if we don't have to. If we have to delist a contracted player then do it, but otherwise we shouldn't be.

Boak playing on is another list management error, the fact there isn't the depth to cover him is alarming.

Realistically he shouldn't be guaranteed a game at AFL level in 2025. Good man to have around the Club but that's where it pretty much ends at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back