List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m shocked with the Clurey delisting. I thought, with the club bringing in Jez McLennan and Jack Watkins to strengthen our SANFL team, we’d keep the guy who just won our SANFL BnF.

Interesting, there is the first one. Felt like there'd need to be a contracted player let go. Might save K Marshall or Scully, let's see.

There's still a chance he might be rookied which wouldn't fix our issue of no spaces for draft picks, but would make sense. And this is what I was expecting to happen.

Alternatively they might know another club will take him, if that happens that will cut our cost on losing him.

The other option is we do just have a shit load of cap space and are just flat out happy to waste probably something like ~$400k space on him. Should help with space for next years contracts/FA's though.

I reckon Clurey getting delisted is just paving the way for him to go elsewhere with our blessing. We probably weren't using his $ anyway since we didn't get Perryman.

Out:
Charlie Dixon (ret)
Dan Houston (trd)
Tom McCallum (del)
Trent McKenzie (ret)
Clurey
Narkle
Francis Evans
Tom Scully
Kyle Marshall

In: Lukosius, Richards, Atkins

Net 6 players delisted

With Clurey going I would think we would need to target experienced depth to play as a KPD. Which is annoying from the view that I would've much rather taken a youngster in the draft.

Like realistically the next man up is Xavier Walsh.

I guess with Aliir, BZT, Esava and Bergman there is flexibility to play three of those guys but still seems precarious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scully the only 1 I'm disappointed with. Not sure how you can judge a FF playing for the Magpies? Hope he has a cracking year in the SANFL and makes Cripps regret his decision...

I’m bemused we delisted Scully

I mean I don’t know what their expectations were when they drafted him….

I think it's all justified except i think the Scully one is harsh, why is Lord given all the time in the world and so highly rated but Scully is cut after only 2 seasons? I would say there SANFL form is not too dissimilar. I know Lord has already shown glimpses at AFL level but Scully was never given that chance.

Evans v McEntee might spark debate but McEntee still has a year to run on his contract so he's won that battle based on that.

Would we target Adam Tomlinson as backup?

With Clurey going I would think we would need to target experienced depth to play as a KPD. Which is annoying from the view that I would've much rather taken a youngster in the draft.

Like realistically the next man up is Xavier Walsh.

I guess with Aliir, BZT, Esava and Bergman there is flexibility to play three of those guys but still seems precarious.
Ratagolea and Walsh is decent depth.

Add a rookie under them rather than a mature ager I think.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crazy delisting Scully ....
Clurey I'd have kept unless he wanted to go somewhere else

I'd delist McEntee and Atkins before Evans and narkle
It's like deciding what would be better out of a Shit Sandwich or Shit on Toast.

In all honesty though i think Atkins is the best of those 4. And he is providing depth in the opposite end of the ground.

As soon as we picked up Richards, keeping in mind SPP is back, it wasn't looking good for out of contract Evans and Narkle.

McEntee already had a contract for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back