List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But now Kosi and Callow are spending half their time in an unnatural position that they will never play at AFL level.

Kosi only came into his own with consistent time up forward. Callow was showing promise behind the ball last year.

Now that goes out the window to be out-tapped, chasing stoppages and running into other ruckmen's knees for half a game.
Having a ruck compenent to your game is pretty valuable, just look at hale, Hawkins.

The only reason why they can’t at afl is a lack of experience.

Callow may end up being a genuine swingman that can play both arcs, kozzi may be able to ruck in the forward 50 when required.

All this because they got to develop a secondary part to their game…

Assessing the value of the Tom/JOM/Chad trades must consider their age profile and the gap in our list profile that needed filling. As such, who were the other available players within that age range that we missed out on that would be better than them? If we didn’t fill this age profile back then our list would be so much harder to manage going forwards.
All it did though was create another gap in our age profile. We have very few players in the 24-25 age bracket and we are lucky our later picks from 2016-2018 have come off otherwise we would have a giant list hole. Much bigger than the one we were trying to fix. It’s why trading with first rounders to fill age brackets is risky.

It creates a bigger problem in the future to cover the current lack of an age group. Which was created by trading all our picks.

I’m a big believer in letting not chasing age gaps and letting players age into them. Or if we needed to chase players, use late picks.

I feel like I have to point this out in the same thread every year, but we're not doing a review in hindsight of trade periods from 5 years ago.

Talk about the current list and how it changes through the end of the season.

As far as Wingard goes, we didn't lose nearly as much as you think we did (if anything at all). Have a look at the 2018 draft, it wasn't stacked with talent. Duursma was the best choice at that pick, the second round pick ended up being Tom Joyce who hasn't played a single game, beyond him there's no standout players that I'd be concerned about missing out on. In the same trade period, we got Scrimshaw for next to nothing, who is an improvement on Burton.

The Wingard trade has not hurt us!
I took a quick look and agree with your assessment, stacked early but not much outside top 10 seemingly given hindsight so thanks for that insight. The omeara trade is the one the top 30 in 2016 was really solid (imagine Shai Bolton in our side who went at 29) and we also gave up 2017 1st rounder which could have been hunter Clark or Aaron Naughton. Anyway as I am new here my apologies to the moderator Strapping Young Lad for bringing it up and will focus on 2022 and beyond. In short no more trading early picks for a few years at least hopefully we can all agree on that! Cheers

The ruck does seem a list management issue at both hawks and BH. I’m not sure Nash rucking was really part of the plan and having our kpf rucking at box hill is both probably not great for their development but also bad for any mids at BH who are getting crap service.
Interesting to see what we do in MSD.

The ruck does seem a list management issue at both hawks and BH. I’m not sure Nash rucking was really part of the plan and having our kpf rucking at box hill is both probably not great for their development but also bad for any mids at BH who are getting crap service.
Interesting to see what we do in MSD.
Time to get Monkey on the Slim Fast Man Shakes ie Stewie Dew diet. Cmon Monkey your up mate 😂

Seriously though does anyone have a list of ruckman from the lower leagues that we could bring in / worth a look.

Watching the SANFL, WAFL and VFL for a ready made ruck. We're going to be forced to take one in the MSD at this point.

Watching the SANFL, WAFL and VFL for a ready made ruck. We're going to be forced to take one in the MSD at this point.
How many list spots do we have? If we have 1 open already then we can move BB to the LTI list. This way hopefully we can we can still pick up another hidden gem with our 1st pick and then with our 2nd pick our preferred ruck we have our eyes on as a stopgap that can walk right in and contribute straight away even if it’s just at Box Hill.

Time to get Monkey on the Slim Fast Man Shakes ie Stewie Dew diet. Cmon Monkey your up mate 😂

Seriously though does anyone have a list of ruckman from the lower leagues that we could bring in / worth a look.

Hale? Seriously the supp list would have been a free shot at it

I would look closely at a ready-made small/medium forward that can come in and add depth to the forward line. It’s the least experienced part of the ground.

Brockman (19) 11 games
Serong (19) 0 games
Mitchell (19) 0 games
Butler (19) 0 games

I would look closely at a ready-made small/medium forward that can come in and add depth to the forward line. It’s the least experienced part of the ground.

Brockman (19) 11 games
Serong (19) 0 games
Mitchell (19) 0 games
Butler (19) 0 games
We do have Moore, Breust, Wingard there though for the experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed Saunders and S. Mitchell was dropped from Boxhill, surely this not a good sign for there future at the HFC.
4P has confirmed Saunders was in rehab during the week and Seamus didn't train. Not dropped.

This discussion brings me back to Sicily and the media pressure I am sure instigated by his manager to get him a pay day. I am not sure we will go more than 5 years and this is just a hunch so it will be interesting
He looks great when he gets to work his player under the ball and take marks but I have noticed him getting caught ball watching and letting his opponent get goal side far too easily. I’d hope for more if he wants a giant pay day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back