List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
surely nobody is saying this anymore, Newk looks like a generational player, same for Reeves if he can get some luck.

Jiath upside is still huge, this game will have helped the kids dramatically to
We were savaged 6 days ago....

Kane still says Mitchell was set up to fail by the list management

We were savaged 6 days ago....

Kane still says Mitchell was set up to fail by the list management
I look at Kane like I look at click bait - he is making a very healthy career out of short term calls that get people talking.

We looked so flat last week, potentially will be the same this weekend after another hard game. Safe to say we are very dependent on our kids firing now, that says alot.

Would be but the club don’t even entertain those sort of people so not even worth considering. As Kennett more or less said when asked if we’d look at signing Stringer a few years back “absolutely no way we’d consider it, we’re the family club”.

This is from a bloke who keeps a golliwog collection. So let’s park the morality arguments from Jeff for a bit.

Domestic violence is far more than a minor stuff up though. No club should overlook it.

And it’s twice now. He was back in court in relation to charges with a new partner.
Well clearly has not learnt his lesson with a second strike so soon. So i agree Hawks should pass.

It was his age and a lack of known charges i thought a second change maybe an option for him.

Some people can learn from there mistakes and be sincerely sorry for there bad behaviour. An become better people. Again some people, not all.

An yes it is serious, but the best apology is a change of behaviour. 👍

For gods sake just take a ruckman in the MSD!!!!!
Thought kozzi really worked into the game, was caught out early. Theirs an argument that playing Nash and kozzi / Lewis in forward ruck entries with lynch across the total ruck mix is better in a development year, defs not long term but yes likely need another backup.

A key position player seems the most likely target. Any key position players in the VFL, SANFL or WAFL that might be worth a shot?

Given the success of Newcombe and Bramble, I would lean towards another mature-aged recruit. Someone who can step into the best 22 straight away.

A key position player seems the most likely target. Any key position players in the VFL, SANFL or WAFL that might be worth a shot?

Given the success of Newcombe and Bramble, I would lean towards another mature-aged recruit. Someone who can step into the best 22 straight away.
There will be, at best one or two players capable of playing ALF footy this season. And, given we will have pick 6 - 10, we have no chance of getting one. Best to grab a young ruckman with potential.

What is clear is that three rucks on a list is not enough. Reckon McEvoy gets one more season.
Or we just trade/draft in another on the cheap with a mature body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is clear is that three rucks on a list is not enough. Reckon McEvoy gets one more season.

Is it not, though? We knocked off a likely top 4 team with our rag tag bunch of merry men. I wouldn’t want to be playing a second ruck anyway, and how often do you have a fractured neck, covid, a hyper reaction to a bee sting, concussion and a disc located shoulder all in a row!?

If Curnow's body would hold up him and Lewis would make some kinda of combo for the next 5-7 years, huge performance incentive contract and pinch him from the blues. Surely they salary cap would be breaking at the seams with huge contracts to Walsh, Cripps, McKay, Saad, Williams, Cerra, Weitering and Martin.

Kennedy and Curnow to re-sign, they may have a problem. Williams on reported 800k a year, Martin 3.5 million on a 5 year deal(2 million for the first 2 years). Cripps, Walsh. Weitering, Mckay pushing 800k-1 mill

Next year? Questionable.
Remains to be seen, but we seemed a much better outfit with him in for that game against Port. That aside, we've got 3 ruckmen on the list which is a reasonable amount to have - not many clubs would have more than that. We've just had woeful luck with them so far.

We've been pretty unlucky with our rucks, at the worst possible times, and we took a big gambe with only having 3 on the list at the start of the year.

But moving forward, McEvoy retires, and we can pick up a couple of mature bodies in the state leagues, or a cheap option through a trade as a big body

Was open to the idea of compo for Sicily if he decided to leave (especially if we finish bottom 4), but after his start to the year and also a feeling we won’t finish that low we must sign him up asap! My view is Replacing Gunston and Breust needs to be a priority as they are our standout class. Obviously more mid clearance winning and speed and a mid fwd striker (but can’t see where that’s coming from). Bring on a developing ruck and add a cheap lockdown kpd would round it out for me. We need one of callow or jeka to make it for me Jeka could be the Gunston replacement. not exactly i don’t expect as many goals, but his foot skills both sides are excellent. he would make a great chf connector to our forwards which we desperately need given how poor our inside 50s are.

Was open to the idea of compo for Sicily if he decided to leave (especially if we finish bottom 4), but after his start to the year and also a feeling we won’t finish that low we must sign him up asap! My view is Replacing Gunston and Breust needs to be a priority as they are our standout class. Obviously more mid clearance winning and speed and a mid fwd striker (but can’t see where that’s coming from). Bring on a developing ruck and add a cheap lockdown kpd would round it out for me. We need one of callow or jeka to make it for me Jeka could be the Gunston replacement. not exactly i don’t expect as many goals, but his foot skills both sides are excellent. he would make a great chf connector to our forwards which we desperately need given how poor our inside 50s are.
I don't think I was ever comfortable with losing Sicily for a compensation pick. Reckon he's one of those players in the league that you don't give up for anything less than the equivalent of pick 1.

High hopes for Sam Butler.

Hopefully one of Kosi, Callow or Jeka can ease the burden of losing Gunston when it happens. Otherwise Jai Serong looks the most like for like replacement but is very raw and only 2 games into his VFL career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back