List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be trading out Tom, Worpel and Wingard, considering Tom will give us a high draft pick between 10 to 20. Wingard's body can't hold.

With Worpel, unfortunately he is not going to be the midfielder are looking for. His disposal is the worst and does seem out of position most of the time at centre.

One issue I see is the use of CMac and Moore in the center. Both provide much needed class but are used almost at the end of the game. Rather we should try to use them in patches over the entire game.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We just need more picks. Don’t know how as the boat has sailed.

With that, if we can do it, more quality Mids, as many as possible, and forwards who can mark the ball.

Focus on these cores, and then worry about wings who can run and small forwards.

Agree - this rebuild isn't just going to happen with a handful of draft picks year-after-year.

The clock started ticking a few years ago with the CJ's, Lewis', Sicily's, etc; we need a large chunk of players coming through together. We can't still be trying to put pieces of a premiership-winning team in place when these guys are in their late 20's. Get as much talent as possible aging at the same time.

More draft picks. More draft picks. More draft picks.

We should be trading out Tom, Worpel and Wingard, considering Tom will give us a high draft pick between 10 to 20. Wingard's body can't hold.

With Worpel, unfortunately he is not going to be the midfielder are looking for. His disposal is the worst and does seem out of position most of the time at centre.

One issue I see is the use of CMac and Moore in the center. Both provide much needed class but are used almost at the end of the game. Rather we should try to use them in patches over the entire game.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sadly mate, kidding ourselves if we think Tom gets a pick 10-20... We need to trade him because he has no spot moving forward in a rebuild.

But he's around 28-35 if by chance a team is interested, that wasn't last year.

So much talk over Mitchell/Jaeger.

Titch is playing out of position so that our other mids, Nash, Duke (Ward/Worpel) can improve and be put as the main men.

He and Jaeger have taken backwards steps and both have been solid this year, Mitchell has been better imo and has had some huge games re: Brisbane/Geelong. He did have the game where he was sick and came back well, he's been solid and last night was no different.

If we really wanted him to play as a main midfielder we would, we don't and that's the whole thing, we shouldn't expect Jaeger/Mitchell to be in our best, their roles now are really to be good additions to the core of Duke/Worps/Ward and whoever else is in the middle.

Our best bet is if we get a good offer, consider it, if not they still have roles going forward and we know how elite Titch can be, his backend of 2021 showed he's still got it if we need it but then again we can't expect him to just flick the switch after being moved around so much, continuity is a thing.

-----

Draft a bunch of mids and continue to let them build and grow, we've got alot of the rest sorted.

Look at our backline for example.

You have your lockdown small/medium defenders with Hardwick and Morris.
Intercepting prowess with Sicily, Scrimshaw, CJ, DGB, Blanck etc.
Rebounding and elite kicks, Sicily, Scrimshaw.
Run and dash rebound with Impey, CJ.
Key defenders with Blanck and DGB.

This doesn't include Day (Wing/MID) future and Bramble (wing future) you'd think, although you can add Bramble to the elite kicks and run and dash rebound.

All bases are covered and you look no further than the forwardline, you've got one of the best key forwards and future key forwards with Lewis, you've got smalls who have different strengths. Butler (can/will play midfield eventually MID-FWD), Moore, CMac (MID-FWD, probably more mid).

If you're looking at the draft board it's get in midfielders, examples of three different types are like Wardlaw, Ashcroft, Sheezel.

Inside bull, Balanced mid and MID-FWD.

You've gotta look at all 3 in the first two picks.

We could probably look at another small forward or two aswell but mids, mids, mids.

And again the midfield actually doesn't look too bad for the future.

You've got a balanced mid with Ward, you've got Nash who is the big 197cm bullocking mid but also Long who is that genuine big bodied mid who then pushes forward. Duke can be a genuine MID-FWD once we get some mids that'll allow it, you've got CMac who is a balanced mid aswell, Worpel ball winning inside bull.

I'm not happy with how we performed, but saying "Trade everyone" is not an appropriate response.
Did you think Rod Carter would be reading this ???

He's 31 in October and played 12 games in the last season and a half. He's kicked 15 goals in 10 games this year.

Love Gunner, but it's time to not think about him as being a 'big out' or part of the future.
He's probably not part of any future flags, but we don't have to just send him to the knackery.

Shiels may have to make way for the list regeneration, and to get more midfield time to the youngsters, but we can afford to let Gunston go out a bit more gracefully, I reckon...considering the influence he has in our forward line.

Mitchell is playing a different role, one that doesn't suit his talents.

When he is able to play his normal game he's one of the best midfielders in the league (second half of last season) - but that time appears to be over as Sam is moving us forward in a different direction now.

We aren't going to get very good value in a trade, but I'd still look to trade both Mitchell and Worpel at the end of the season anyway. Even a few second rounders would be handy, especially given how we have been drafting lately.

Ship has sailed for a first for Tom. 25-35. I’d be trying to get geelongs second rounder for Worpel (which would be a stretch).
Would give us something like pick 4,22,30,35.
I’d say Brisbane would want to get rid of their first this year because of Ashcroft so dangle a future 2nd and one of those 30 picks for it

He's probably not part of any future flags, but we don't have to just send him to the knackery.

Shiels may have to make way for the list regeneration, and to get more midfield time to the youngsters, but we can afford to let Gunston go out a bit more gracefully, I reckon...considering the influence he has in our forward line.

Well different conversation.

I guess my first point is, he shouldn't be referenced as an 'out' that is an important part to a win-loss anymore. Fifteen goals this year, wrong side of thirty... reality is he's in the decline...

But to your point specific, I don't know mate. I don't think we should have all of Gunston, Bruest and Wingard in the forward half next year to be honest...Probably going to depend on how we view Callow and Jeka.

If a contender wanted to throw an early third, it's a no brainer.

Dwyane Wade Reaction GIF by NBA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two parts of the conversation around Titch a lot aren't considering.

He's contracted and doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want to. This is absolutely correct.
HOWEVER...
If Sam Mitchell believes it's in our best interests to fast track our midfield rebuild and wants to trade him at all costs, we have an option.

'Tom, you can either accept being moved on, or I can't guarantee you AFL games every week'.
He'd accept whatever offer came his way at that point.

Two parts of the conversation around Titch a lot aren't considering.

He's contracted and doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want to. This is absolutely correct.
HOWEVER...
If Sam Mitchell believes it's in our best interests to fast track our midfield rebuild and wants to trade him at all costs, we have an option.

'Tom, you can either accept being moved on, or I can't guarantee you AFL games every week'.
He'd accept whatever offer came his way at that point.
I think someone mentioned this last year and the fact is it was mentioned after that, that there's things he can't do because you do have to keep the playing group together. If you ship out a bunch of players, say like North did you can really lose the playing group.

Don't think it'll happen anyway but.

Reckon Kosi is one who would have good trade value for us. It’s a risk - he’s easily the second best performed KPF on our list - but if we could nab something decent for him I think I’d have a glance at it for sure.

We’d just have to back that one of lynch/Jeka/callow to step up next year and gunston gets a good run of it. However, on exposed form, I wouldn’t necessarily bet on either of those things happening.

Reckon Kosi is one who would have good trade value for us. It’s a risk - he’s easily the second best performed KPF on our list - but if we could nab something decent for him I think I’d have a glance at it for sure.

We’d just have to back that one of lynch/Jeka/callow to step up next year and gunston gets a good run of it. However, on exposed form, I wouldn’t necessarily bet on either of those things happening.
So let’s get rid of the ‘easily 2nd best performed KPF on our list’ & back that 1 of the 3, who’ve shown very very little, ‘step up’ & that Gunston ‘gets a good run at it’ even though you wouldn’t necessarily bet on either happening.

I don’t think I’ll take your betting tips bud, but thanks anyway

So let’s get rid of the ‘easily 2nd best performed KPF on our list’ & back that 1 of the 3, who’ve shown very very little, ‘step up’ & that Gunston ‘gets a good run at it’ even though you wouldn’t necessarily bet on either happening.

I don’t think I’ll take your betting tips bud, but thanks anyway

You’re welcome!

But in all seriousness I was kind of implying it would need to be for a good pick or player - wouldn’t do it for shite deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back