ReturnOfTheKing

All Australian
May 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NUFC
This year has been a step in the right direction so far and I'm confident North is on the right track. Looking far ahead - where do you guys see us heading in 2008 ( List & On Field wise?) Who would you delist? Who would you elevate? Who do you want to play full back in 08? Love to get your thoughts.

2007 PLAYER LIST

Glenn Archer
Leigh Brown
Aaron Edwards
Michael Firrito
Joshua Gibson
Todd Goldstein
Shannon Grant
Kasey Green
Blake Grima
David Hale
Lachlan Hansen
Leigh Harding
Daniel Harris
Brent Harvey
Corey Jones
Ed Lower
Daniel McConnell
Hamish McIntosh
Scott McMahon
Brad Moran
Drew Petrie
Daniel Pratt
Brady Rawlings
Matt Riggio
Ben Ross
Eddie Sansbury
Adam Simpson
Jess Sinclair
Jesse W.Smith
Andrew Swallow
Lindsay Thomas
Nathan Thompson
David Trotter
Callum Urch
Gavin Urquhart
Ben Warren
Shannon Watt
Daniel Wells
Djaran Whyman
Jon Hay

Leigh Adams
Matt Campbell
Ben Hughes
Tim Hutchison

GOING GOING GONE?

1. Glenn Archer (retired)
2. Jon Hay (retired)

3. Eddie Sansbury
4. Kasey Green
5. Djaren Whyman
6. David Trotter
7. Callum Urch
8. Leigh Harding

IF Adams, Campbell and Hughes are all elevated, delisting the above players would allow for us to have 5 selections in the draft.

IF One of the above rookies is not elevated, and kept on the rookie list, than I am guessing Leigh Harding will get a lifeline.

MY BEST 22 FOR 2008 (INJURIES AND 07 DRAFTEES ASIDE)

B. Gibson Moran Hansen

HB. Smith Petrie Pratt

C. Harvey Firrito Wells

HF. Jones Hale Edwards

F. Thomas Thompson Grant

FOL. McIntosh Simpson Harris

INT. Swallow Grima Sinclair Rawlings

GOING FORWARD

Developing key position defenders Brad Moran and Lachlan Hansen is a must. Shannon Watt is not the answer and Firrito should be unleashed into the centre.

CHF is our biggest gaping hole. I've put Hale in there by default as I can't find a better option. With Hale there he can relieve McIntosh in the ruck, with Hansen possibly pushing forward. Really hope Hale can kick some goals in the second half of the season and prove his worth up forward, otherwise the trade option becomes more of a reality.

Hopefully Riggio, Urquhart, Ross can put the pressure on some of the older guys to excell rather than be adequate or serviceable. Footskills are important and the three young guys mentioned have plenty. Watch out Brady!

Please add some discussion!!

Cheers

Can't really argue with any of that - Trotter and Urch do look gone.

Pretty dissapointing really both were highly rated, and I personally thought Urch would of made it barring his ridiculous hamstring issues.

Retired: (2)

Glenn Archer (On his own terms)
Jon Hay

Trade Bait: (1)

David Hale

Gone: (2)

Ed Sansbury
David Trotter

Likely: (1)

Callum Urch

Maybe: (2)

Leigh Harding
Blake Grima (Subject to injuries)

I think Kasey Green and Shannon Watt can be a useful list players but if they were to be delisted I wont be schattered.

Talks of Djaran Whyman, Daniel Mcconnell getting delisted shouldnt really be thought about this year. They deserve to be given ago in the 1s and then talk about there futures.

We could have potentially 8 cut from the list. Assume Adams, Campbell and Hughes get elevated we will have 5 picks.

Needs: I think a KPP Forward, Full Back and speedy outside midfielder is what we need.

I wouldnt mind seeing north target ryan murphy from freo, looks like a good prospect but with pavlich in the side it will be harder to see him stamp his authority.

Would love to see us have 1 more speedy midfielder in the side to really complement campbell, thomas, wells and boomer.

This year has been a step in the right direction so far and I'm confident North is on the right track. Looking far ahead - where do you guys see us heading in 2008 ( List & On Field wise?) Who would you delist? Who would you elevate? Who do you want to play full back in 08? Love to get your thoughts.

2007 PLAYER LIST

Glenn Archer
Leigh Brown
Aaron Edwards
Michael Firrito
Joshua Gibson
Todd Goldstein
Shannon Grant
Kasey Green
Blake Grima
David Hale
Lachlan Hansen
Leigh Harding
Daniel Harris
Brent Harvey
Corey Jones
Ed Lower
Daniel McConnell
Hamish McIntosh
Scott McMahon
Brad Moran
Drew Petrie
Daniel Pratt
Brady Rawlings
Matt Riggio
Ben Ross
Eddie Sansbury
Adam Simpson
Jess Sinclair
Jesse W.Smith
Andrew Swallow
Lindsay Thomas
Nathan Thompson
David Trotter
Callum Urch
Gavin Urquhart
Ben Warren
Shannon Watt
Daniel Wells
Djaran Whyman
Jon Hay

Leigh Adams
Matt Campbell
Ben Hughes
Tim Hutchison

GOING GOING GONE?

1. Glenn Archer (retired)
2. Jon Hay (retired)

3. Eddie Sansbury
4. Kasey Green
5. Djaren Whyman
6. David Trotter
7. Callum Urch
8. Leigh Harding

IF Adams, Campbell and Hughes are all elevated, delisting the above players would allow for us to have 5 selections in the draft.

IF One of the above rookies is not elevated, and kept on the rookie list, than I am guessing Leigh Harding will get a lifeline.

B. Gibson Moran Hansen

HB. Smith Petrie Pratt

C. Harvey Firrito Wells

HF. Jones Hale Edwards

F. Thomas Thompson Grant

INT. Swallow Grima Sinclair Rawlings

GOING FORWARD

Developing key position defenders Brad Moran and Lachlan Hansen is a must. Shannon Watt is not the answer and Firrito should be unleashed into the centre.

CHF is our biggest gaping hole. I've put Hale in there by default as I can't find a better option. With Hale there he can relieve McIntosh in the ruck, with Hansen possibly pushing forward. Really hope Hale can kick some goals in the second half of the season and prove his worth up forward, otherwise the trade option becomes more of a reality.

Hopefully Riggio, Urquhart, Ross can put the pressure on some of the older guys to excell rather than be adequate or serviceable. Footskills are important and the three young guys mentioned have plenty. Watch out Brady!

Please add some discussion!!

Cheers

Can't disagree with your Going Going Gone segment. On the money for mine.

As for Full Back, I think Petrie might be the way to go. I think we need to work on having he, Spud and Hansen as our 3 tall defenders, but as match-ups go it will vary whether they are at FB or CHB. One of the key attributes of a FB is speed, and although Drew's probably not the fastest, he's shown he reads the ball well and contests really well.

I also notice you've ditched Brown from the best 26... probably not far off being right, but maybe one more season. I'd like to see Campbell in the side too, but him not being there shows that injury free we have some depth now.

Hughes to take CHF.

Will pick up a FB in this years draft releasing Spud into the midfield.

We will need a judd typemidfielder from this years draft so finishing in the low top eight could land us a star.

Hale may be trade bait.

GOING GOING GONE?

1. Glenn Archer (retired) wahhh....(sniffle):(
2. Jon Hay (retired) (Head exploding with anger sound)

3. Eddie Sansbury Adios.
4. Kasey Green Doubt it good for depth.
5. Djaren Whyman Shame if he does but i doubt it.
6. David Trotter Worst top 10 draft pick ever? injuries taken into account.
7. Callum Urch Heartbreak had big hopes. Unless he plays seniors this year and get's the Coleman he's gone.
8. Leigh Harding Hope not, buzz is a favourite of mine but i'll understand if he goes. Gotta love that chin though.

Can see all of the rookies getting elevated except for Hutchy purely because i havent seen anything of him but next year would be his 3rd or 4th season hear wouldnt it? he'd want to start doing something very soon.

B. Gibson Moran Hansen I like the idea but cant see Moran FB for a long while.

HB. Smith Petrie Pratt

C. Harvey Firrito Wells

HF. Jones Hale Edwards

F. Thomas Thompson Grant

INT. Swallow Grima Sinclair Rawlings All over no gripes with this 22 good job.

Cheers

I would much rather Moran at CHB. We have seen with Shannon Watt, that it doesn't matter if you are the right size and have plenty of pace, if you can't read the game, you are going to look at stupid as he does. At CHB the ball is being "slammed" into the Forward 50, so the type of leading and manouvering done by the FF is not done by the CHF. Hence, a CHB would really just need to track the CHF and spoil, and assuming Moran knows how to do that, I think he will be a great replacement.

Looking at the "dream team" is it possible to make Thommo CHF and Edwards FF?

can;t see casey green being delisted,he's a great depth player that I think is in the same mould as john blakey. I can not understand the hype about grima ,he has looked to be out of his depth at senior level, and would be no-where near my top 22

can;t see casey green being delisted,he's a great depth player that I think is in the same mould as john blakey. I can not understand the hype about grima ,he has looked to be out of his depth at senior level, and would be no-where near my top 22
Yeah how long do we have to wait until he produces 30+ possession games every week? Not good enough.

Delist:
Whyman
Harding
Sansbury
Urch
Trotter/Green/McConnell (can only keep one IMO)
Hutchison (rookie)

Retire:
Hay
Arch :(

Promote:
Campbell
Hughes

Leigh Adams another year on the rookie list.

Hughes to take CHF.

Will pick up a FB in this years draft releasing Spud into the midfield.

We will need a judd typemidfielder from this years draft so finishing in the low top eight could land us a star.

Hale may be trade bait.

you cant expect an 18y/o to hold down FB can you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15 goals and 6 times in the bests in 11 games - surely Djars deserves a crack before we delist him.

In comparison, Scotty McMahon has been in the bests twice from 8 games and kicked 3 goals. he got his shot with no real form. Djars needs a go.

And McConnell turned 21 two days ago. Have we forgotten how easily he slipped into the team last year? Surely he is going nowhere. Way too much talent.

Sansbury
Green
Urch
Harding
Arch
Hay

And probably Trotter unfortunately.

15 goals and 6 times in the bests in 11 games - surely Djars deserves a crack before we delist him.

In comparison, Scotty McMahon has been in the bests twice from 8 games and kicked 3 goals. he got his shot with no real form. Djars needs a go.

And McConnell turned 21 two days ago. Have we forgotten how easily he slipped into the team last year? Surely he is going nowhere. Way too much talent.

Sansbury
Green
Urch
Harding
Arch
Hay

And probably Trotter unfortunately.

Who would be better to keep on the list, Urch or Trotter?

23 and yet to debut in the AFL. And you're right, his form has been good and spots have been available yet he still hasn't been picked. Why is that? Writing is on the wall there I reckon. Don't necessarily agree with it (I think he should have been given a chance too), but that's how it is.

seen lindsay thomas on friday and saturday night on the gas both nights haha seems to be looking after himself! good bloke and good footballer.

23 and yet to debut in the AFL. And you're right, his form has been good and spots have been available yet he still hasn't been picked. Why is that? Writing is on the wall there I reckon. Don't necessarily agree with it (I think he should have been given a chance too), but that's how it is.

Do you reckon they have already made a decision on him? Surely not.
His problem seems to be that he is stuck between a midfielder and a forward pocket and we the strongest in those areas than we have been for a while.

I think he has to be in the mix after Saturday's game. He did the job in the midfield, tackled hard and kicked a couple of very good goals - if he doesn't get a game this week, Campbell and Thomas would want to have good games.

Do you reckon they have already made a decision on him? Surely not.
Not so much that, but if he hasn't got a game to date will he ever get one? There have been chances to play him yet they seem reluctant, maybe there is something we are missing.

His problem seems to be that he is stuck between a midfielder and a forward pocket and we the strongest in those areas than we have been for a while.
I don't think he has the tools to be a midfielder at AFL level, he can get away with it at VFL level but I doubt he has what it takes at the top level. And its not as though he is behind players who are cemented in the side. Thomas' conversion all year has been pathetic, and Campbell hasn't kicked a single goal in a month.

I think he has to be in the mix after Saturday's game. He did the job in the midfield, tackled hard and kicked a couple of very good goals
Well my point is that he has been performing like that at VFL level for years now. Last weekend wasn't one out of the box or anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back