Long season ahead tigerheads....

Remove this Banner Ad

RichosGuns

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2006
your house
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm here at Visy watching the tigers get smashed, not pretty at all... Played almost out best team today and of them bar Foley looked slow and disinterested.... Hardwick has to wear some blame, we are useless against type of zone at all

I'm here at Visy watching the tigers get smashed, not pretty at all... Played almost out best team today and of them bar Foley looked slow and disinterested.... Hardwick has to wear some blame, we are useless against type of zone at all

What did Campbell Brown say on the footy show last night something like i hate practice matches because you have to pretend you are trying?

....in other words talk about a long season if this happens in the Carlton match.

I agree, what I have seen so far this year is nothing short of woeful practice match or not. The real sad thing is, yet again like the last 20 odd years promising young players are going to get caught up in this usual cycle of garbage and have wasted footy careers.

• Banned
What did Campbell Brown say on the footy show last night something like i hate practice matches because you have to pretend you are trying?

....in other words talk about a long season if this happens in the Carlton match.

Mate.

Do yourself a favor, watch the game. It was deplorable, practice or not

We've probably improved but every other team has improved a lot more than us. We are always behind.

Vickory is the only player that I have seen any sign of improvement out of the guys that needed to take a big step.

FFS it was a practice match.
:eek:

FFS

20 of the 22 players that will play in round 1 played today and were absolute appalling in every way imaginable. That isn't going to just turn around magically. Yeah, the result means zilch but it bodes well for another 10+ goal spanking against Carlton. I don't know If I can handle that again.

FFS

20 of the 22 players that will play in round 1 played today and were absolute appalling in every way imaginable. That isn't going to just turn around magically. Yeah, the result means zilch but it bodes well for another 10+ goal spanking against Carlton. I don't know If I can handle that again.
You were there weren't you? No.

If we dish it up in Round 1, this board will be in meltdown. Face it tugga, we can all sense the Round 1 match becoming another debacle.
And if we do serve up trash in round 1, then by all means go as ballistic as you want. But it was a practice match today. I just don't understand why people would react like this over a practice match.

Lets look at the positives guys, who we gunna take at pick four? :D:D

Your spot on, I have seen WC live twice this year and they are ordinary and I had them pinned for the spoon. But they have a red hot crack at it, we don't so I'm changing my tip to us for the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the way we are playing that is concerning, tugga. Nobody cares that we were beaten by 10 goals. Its the decisions/skills/lack of movement that has us concerned.
And that's what I'm saying. If we dish up trash in round 1, then I will be first to criticise. I just don't see the point in the board going into meltdown over a practice match that was worth 0 points.
By all means dissect the game, but going off our trees isn't going to solve anything.
Carry on. No more from me.

Its the way we are playing that is concerning, tugga. Nobody cares that we were beaten by 10 goals. Its the decisions/skills/lack of movement that has us concerned.

Yeah, exactly. It was the same last week against Hawthorn.

The excuse it's "only a practice match" is pretty hilarious. What's the point of even playing the game then? I see no improvement.

Geez. Did anyone not know where we are at?

We aren't a finals side. We will get rolled occasionally. I thought everyone knew that?

So we lost a practice match. Yep we got smashed. Who gives a shit?

How many times have we seen over the years that preseason means NOTHING.

Sydney, notoriously poor in the pre season, particularly during their time at the top. Pretty much play finals every year.

Carlton won it a few years back, and backed it up with the wooden spoon.

Geelong lost to Port, the side we beat, by 70ish points the other week.

The bombers just rolled the Saints, does anyone think they are a better side? Say they beat the pies on the weekend, by 15 goals, does that mean the pies are "in trouble"?

Crows flogged the dockers the other week.

Surely I don't need to go on. Let's just chill guys, we played shit, it happens, we are young, we will play shit again, and won't make finals this year. No suprises. But we will improve, and continue the long journey. Anyone who's played footy knows what its like in the praccy matches. Let's wait and see how we go in round 1 when it matters. Then we can discuss, and criticise, if its due.

How many times have we seen over the years that preseason means NOTHING.

The result means NOTHING.

The way we play with 20 best 22 players less than 2 weeks out from round 1 means A LOT. Do you think they will just do a complete 360 in that space of time with ball movement, decision making, skills, etc?

The result means NOTHING.

The way we play with 20 best 22 players less than 2 weeks out from round 1 means A LOT. Do you think they will just do a complete 360 in that space of time with ball movement, decision making, skills, etc?

A complete 360 puts them back where they are today - so we are all hoping for a 180, I'd have thought. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping it was just the fact that RFC is still in a heavy training faze. Pleasing signs from Vickery,Foley & Rance. I may have missed others. the only time we showed some run was 3rd quarter. But fairly flat overall.

disney-chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg

FFS

Don't know if I can handle that again??? What does that mean? Your life will end if a side that finished 2nd bottom gets pantsed by a team that finished in the finals the last 2 years running.... I'd be more concerned if we'd being smacked by Brissy. (OMG, that happened to Melb.... are they now doomed??)

At the risk of sounding indifferent....

a) who gives a shit... it was a praccy match
b) 2011 was never going to be a brilliant year and anyone who thought different smokes too much crack or believes more than half the crap that gets written on here...
c) We will still get smacked from time to time because we don't have a very good team (advanced concept that one)
d) the road to a flag will not necessarily be 15th, 11th, 6th, 3rd, flag... it could be 15th, 14th, 8th and so on or even 15th, 17th....

Everyone is telling the Bombers to keep a lid on it, maybe we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water just yet...

Remove this Banner Ad

Long season ahead tigerheads....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back