Universal Love Lou Richards passes away (all tributes to the legend)

Remove this Banner Ad

R.I.P LOU
Grew up with on world of sport, and as the kiss of death in the hun.
great of the game on and off the field, not just at collingwood.
Just a ripping bloke. will be sadly missed by all.
cannot replace people like him:'(

this show was the best, and how good was the intro.
RIP Lou, you entertained us in so many ways

Mike Sheahan as usual got it wrong ...said Whitten & Barassi are Legends of the game

Richards Dyer Davis took the game to the media , would not have TV rights today if it was it not For these 3 guys

RIP Lou.

Lou Richards personifies everything I remember about footy as a child, the sound, the colour (aptly black and white) even the smell.
A huge part of our game died today, an even larger part of of club and it's history.
Vale Lou.

His generation is all but gone.

A generation that grew up in inner working class suburbs in Melbourne, children of the great depression who lived in poverty most of us will never know, surrounded in Collingwood by pubs, factories and the pollution that came with it, crime, sly groggers, SP bookies at every hotel, gangs of kids from big families who wreaked havoc around the area who couldn't afford to look after them and before WW2 basically no jobs.

There was a couple of ways out, football, crime or try to join the services.

Or alternatively stay and get a job in the boot factories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R.I.P Louie,

The whole football world mourns the loss os the greatest ever personality in football in this town. A true champion in every sense.

Condolences to his family and all those associated with the Collingwood Football Club, long may he live in our memories.

My thoughts are with the Pies family, Lou Richards was a great, a word that is often overused but he was, 250 games, a premiership captain and 400+ goals as a rover in an era when rovers didn't kick that many, and his post footy career laid the foundations of today's football media, yet he was always humble and remained a passionate Pie.

Lou, the king of World of Sport on Sunday. I loved on Club Corner when he would present the coaches their gift bag of Patra Orange Juice, Leg Ham and other assorted crap, and tell a quick gag. League Teams on a Thursday night (with his recipe of the week). I always remembered grabbing the The Age green guide to see if the pies were match of the day on the telly. When Mike Williamson and Lou Richards were the commentators our game was special. Ahh the memories. Thanks Lou, you were a one in a million. RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Lou Richards passes away (all tributes to the legend)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back