Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

"drunk driving" is almost as common a phrase as "drink driving". No one is suggesting he was actually 'drunk'.
I agree with you there on the first part. If people say he was drink driving they are correct.

I believe there is a massive difference between drink driving and drunk driving.

On one hand, you could've had half a light beer.

On the other hand, you could be half way through your second slab.

What he did is a minor offence, it's treated in a law sense the same as speeding by over 15kph and under 20kph and talking/texting on a mobile phone. I hope the holyer than thou posters on here have never done anything so reprehensible as going over the speed limit or used their phone!! Stop using the term 'drink driving' for the reason of making a point and linking it to the dangers and death tolls of that, there are different levels of the same offence.
You do realise that he lost 10 demerit points, it is not a minor offence at all, nor is it any where near similar to speeding 15-20kms over the limit(smaller fine, and only a loss of 3 demerit points).

You do realise that he lost 10 demerit points, it is not a minor offence at all, nor is it any where near similar to speeding 15-20kms over the limit(smaller fine, and only a loss of 3 demerit points).
Read the post again buddy, as ialready stated in a legal sense it's treated the same way as its quantified at the same risk/danger value, in a court of law they have guidelines and rating to help with decisions (final decisions are always with the judge) Again, not exonerating him, but my point is that what he did was as dangerous as speeding at 15-20 and texting/talking on a phone.

Apologies on behalf of West Coast fans, didn't know we were supposed to applaud drink driving offenders
No apology needed. It was so obvious you idiots were going to boo Hodge.

Typical of anyone from Perth really. A guy gets talked about in the media. Boo him.

Watson, Goodes, and now Hodge. Hell, if there was a guy who dodged thirty bullets and risked his life to save our country, you'd probably boo him too. That's just the character of West Coast Eagles supporters. It was already known before, but it was just proven again tonight.

Typical of anyone from Perth really. A guy gets talked about in the media. Boo him.

Watson, Goodes, and now Hodge. Hell, if there was a guy who dodged thirty bullets and risked his life to save our country, you'd probably boo him too. That's just the character of West Coast Eagles supporters. It was already known before, but it was just proven again tonight.
Word! Love the way the Eagles go about their footy but that Subi crowd is just down right obnoxious.

I agree with you there on the first part. If people say he was drink driving they are correct.

I believe there is a massive difference between drink driving and drunk driving.

On one hand, you could've had half a light beer.

On the other hand, you could be half way through your second slab.

We're talking terms here. Half a light beer is not drink driving.

Its fair to say Hodgey had 3 or 4 fulls strength beers in an hour to get to .068. He is fit and weighs 90 kgs. That or he had 2 per hour instead of 1.

Last edited:
Where talking terms here. Half a light beer is not drink driving.

Its fair to say Hodgey had 3 or 4 fulls strength beers in an hour to get to .068. He is fit and weighs 90 kgs. That or he had 2 per hour instead of 1.
Yes, he had 3 or 4 full strengths, but I believe when he says he feels right.

When people say "drunk driver", it conveys the image of a guy who's clearly impaired when behind the wheel.

In the case of Hodgey, I believe he was in no way impaired (or maybe, a little) and he felt he was right to drive.

The only reason the limit is over 0.05 is for safety precautions. If you truly studied how alcohol affects one ability to drive you would understand that 0.068 does shit all to ones ability to drive.

You mad brah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mad brah?
Me? I don't care particularly. I go for Richmond.

I just find it hilarious how you idiots give hell to anyone who has their face in the media.

Was quite funny watching the sheep boo hodge any time he got the ball.

If we play you blokes in the prelim maybe Jack Riewoldt could write an article about how he doesn't like pizza.

They'd probably be riots outside the ground.

Janis, I think when you joined BigFooty today you set your profile up wrong. You've selected Richmond as your team and used more than half of your 17 posts since joining defending Hodge in here.

Watson, and now Hodge. Hell, if there was a guy who dodged thirty bullets and risked his life to save our country, you'd probably boo him too. That's just the character of West Coast Eagles supporters. It was already known before, but it was just proven again tonight.
Watson - Drug cheat
Hodge - Drink driving

Explain to me again how those two are remotely similar to a guy dodging 30 bullets and risking his life to save our country?

Geez, it's almost like opposition supporters expect a crowd to be quiet, welcoming and offer warm applause to visiting teams.

Watson - Drug cheat
Hodge - Drink driving

Explain to me again how those two are remotely similar to a guy dodging 30 bullets and risking his life to save our country?

Geez, it's almost like opposition supporters expect a crowd to be quiet, welcoming and offer warm applause to visiting teams.
I don't for one minute put these guys in the same category as a guy dodging 30 bullets for our country.

But you would. That's what the Perth crowd does.

Funny how you didn't mention Goodes; a guy who didn't do anything to upset West Coast until he was mentioned in the media and you idiots started to boo him for no reason.

I don't for one minute put these guys in the same category as a guy dodging 30 bullets for our country.

Oh ok, thanks for telling us who we would hypothetically boo.

Funny how you didn't mention Goodes; a guy who didn't do anything to upset West Coast until he was mentioned in the media and you idiots started to boo him for no reason.
I deliberately left out Goodes, and for good reason. It's not a debate this thread needs, nor one I can be bothered getting involved in.

Just like when we gave the Crows players a berating for going through their trauma.

Mitchell also got booed, not sure if you managed to get outraged about that as well. It's almost as if sport has heroes and villains.

Cry more you muppet. Richmond supporters should not be throwing stones when talking about crowd behaviour.

LOL

Yep, those blokes are definitely of the same calibre. Need to start a "Hodge for the VC" movement asap.

Just like when we gave the Crows players a berating for going through their trauma.

Mitchell also got booed, not sure if you managed to get outraged about that as well. It's almost as if sport has heroes and villains.

Yeah, and the wolf whistling was all class

Yes, he had 3 or 4 full strengths, but I believe when he says he feels right.

When people say "drunk driver", it conveys the image of a guy who's clearly impaired when behind the wheel.

In the case of Hodgey, I believe he was in no way impaired (or maybe, a little) and he felt he was right to drive.

The only reason the limit is over 0.05 is for safety precautions. If you truly studied how alcohol affects one ability to drive you would understand that 0.068 does shit all to ones ability to drive.
3 of 4, whatever. We all know that means 5+. If he put the team first they may have won, but he chose to be a fat c&$t. Light n easy my ass

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back