Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

God I can't stand eagles supporters. 2 weeks ago you play a guy who was in jail, yet today choose to boo a bloke who has done a massive amount of work outside of the game for having 1 too many beers. I would guess that 90% of you bogan supporters would drink drive,or have so in the past without caring.

Not to mention the booing of Mitchell for who knows what. Stop carrying on like you've won a flag and grow up. The crowd behaviour in this state is terrible

God I can't stand eagles supporters. 2 weeks ago you play a guy who was in jail, yet today choose to boo a bloke who has done a massive amount of work outside of the game for having 1 too many beers. I would guess that 90% of you bogan supporters would drink drive,or have so in the past without caring.

Not to mention the booing of Mitchell for who knows what. Stop carrying on like you've won a flag and grow up. The crowd behaviour in this state is terrible

Just for the record if Hodge happened to hit somebody in his car and did more damage than a broken jaw he might have been facing a jail sentence as well..

I'll also add that i haven't been critical of hodge for his indiscretion because it would be hypocritical of me to do so

Me? I don't care particularly. I go for Richmond.

I just find it hilarious how you idiots give hell to anyone who has their face in the media.

Was quite funny watching the sheep boo hodge any time he got the ball.

If we play you blokes in the prelim maybe Jack Riewoldt could write an article about how he doesn't like pizza.

They'd probably be riots outside the ground.
No they would not jack riewoldt anyway - because he's a massive flog

Watson - Drug cheat
Hodge - Drink driving

Explain to me again how those two are remotely similar to a guy dodging 30 bullets and risking his life to save our country?

Geez, it's almost like opposition supporters expect a crowd to be quiet, welcoming and offer warm applause to visiting teams.

correct. i mean what are supporters supposed to do?
supporters will back their team and players to the hilt. they're not gonna boo them are they?
many teams have contained players who have transgressed the law or social norms. in fact perhaps every team!
from an eagles perspective daniel kerr did some unsociable things off field, but your supporters will always applaud him. crows fans slapped their hands together in fierce repetition when carey became a crow...etc etc etc.

are we as people blinded by team colours? perhaps. just like politics and support of the left or right, people will side with one and dispel everything from the opposition.

What I hated last night was the 'hero worshipping' of Hodge last night by the Ch 7 commentary.

I wish someone explain to Bruce that his name is Hodge, not 'Hodgey' or 'the champ'!!!! Embarrassing commentary.

Well done to WCE supporters for giving him the booing he deserved!

It's what supporters do.

Not that you would know. With Hawthorn on the way down who will you turn to next?
I'll be turning to the MCG next weekend to support my boys like I have done for the past 26 years & I won't be booing opposition champions like your idea of a 'supporter' should do.

What I hated last night was the 'hero worshipping' of Hodge last night by the Ch 7 commentary.

I wish someone explain to Bruce that his name is Hodge, not 'Hodgey' or 'the champ'!!!! Embarrassing commentary.

Well done to WCE supporters for giving him the booing he deserved!

Whaddya want ? lukey H ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No apology needed. It was so obvious you idiots were going to boo Hodge.

Typical of anyone from Perth really. A guy gets talked about in the media. Boo him.

Watson, Goodes, and now Hodge. Hell, if there was a guy who dodged thirty bullets and risked his life to save our country, you'd probably boo him too. That's just the character of West Coast Eagles supporters. It was already known before, but it was just proven again tonight.
Would love to play Richmond again, this time over here. So many campaigners on one team, we wouldn't know where to start and when to stop.

Scratch that, Vickery is a good starting point. Biggest flog on a football list.

images.jpg

Hodge got booed cause he made a selfish decision and should not have been playing and Mitchell got booed because he is a dirty player who blatantly knees blokes.
At least they didn't boo Cyril or someone like that. Your whinging is not warranted - home crowd was huge for the Eagles.

Hodge got booed cause he made a selfish decision and should not have been playing and Mitchell got booed because he is a dirty player who blatantly knees blokes.
At least they didn't boo Cyril or someone like that. Your whinging is not warranted - home crowd was huge for the Eagles.
I agree. If they boo Hodge, its because he's a flog.
If they had booed Cyril it would've been out and out racist!

Three or four pints (which is what he has admitted to) is drunk in anyone's language. Two pints in quick succession is enough to know one shouldn't drive.
different for every one, but speaking from experience I have never felt the effects of alcohol unless I've had at least 6 beers.

Same goes for all the mates that I'd be drinking with. The only people who feel drunk after 3 or 4 beers are women.

Would love to play Richmond again, this time over here. So many campaigners on one team, we wouldn't know where to start and when to stop.

Scratch that, Vickery is a good starting point. Biggest flog on a football list.
Well obviously, you guys will win if its over there in perth.

I can see it already...Umpire bounces the ball, Naitanui takes something outrageous in the ruck...crowd goes nuts, umpires pay free kicks....all over after 3 seconds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back