Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge said tonight during the Hawks v Carlton game that it was 3-4 beers, and that the leadership would meet tomorrow to decide his fate...he'll get whatever's coming to him after the important business of finishing Round 23...no other club would do things differently...

In any case, there is not a single person on BF who likes a beer and can drive a car, who hasn't driven with alcohol in their body. Yes - if this applies to you, you most certainly have crossed the line that would see you booked in Australia but not in .08 America or .15 Japan and Equatorial Guinea...! Hodge blew .068, and lost 10 points - huge points compared to running a stop sign, but not a suspension unless he's f###ed up before, which he evidently hasn't...

If he cops disciplinary measures from the senior leadership, which is fair enough, it should be fitting the crime. He didn't lose his license, and didn't affect his team's performance, so a match penalty would be ridiculous. A bit (or a lot, whatever) of community work using his profile to assist in the battle against drink driving itself, however, would be a lot more useful...
party line - yawn. Don't worry he'll play. but his reputation in in ruins (deservedly). and the values of a good few Hawks fans have been laid bare. Really do we have to repeatedly here about the limits in other countries and how unlucky he was that he chose to drive in politically correect Australia. The law in the f###ing law

If it was anyone else and the hawks were not playing finals, they would get be suspended from the club. Doesn't send a great message to be honest.

He has enough credits in the bank to survive a brain fade

but his reputation in in ruins (deservedly). and the values of a good few Hawks fans have been laid bare. R

In ruins hahaha

At least he doesn't go around doing war dances!

Are we all still outraged?

If so, I'm in.

:mad:

1. Disgraceful something something
2. Role model etc, etc
3. Sending out messages yap yap
4. Typical kulcha don't ask me about my own club

party line - yawn. Don't worry he'll play. but his reputation in in ruins (deservedly). and the values of a good few Hawks fans have been laid bare. Really do we have to repeatedly here about the limits in other countries and how unlucky he was that he chose to drive in politically correect Australia. The law in the f###ing law

I'll agree with you on this, Reg. The "little bit over" argument shits me to tears. He's broken the law.

If it was anyone else and the hawks were not playing finals, they would get be suspended from the club. Doesn't send a great message to be honest.

No doubt. Can't cost everyone at the club a shot at the flag though, just because one player stuffed up.

Hey motley , just curious as to you thoughts on your clubs decision to suspend stevie j for 8 weeks for taking a wee late at night in public when he was on the scrap heap and then a couple of years later when he was a superstar he was not suspended for going 127 in a 50 zone which IMO is far more dangerous than what hodge did. Geelong for years have bAnged on about setting behaviour standards but for me this is the biggest double standard I have seen in player behaviour .

Hi ant, great question. I'm just curious myself as to your thoughts on Hawthorn calling themselves the Family Club?

SJ copped 50 hours of road trauma education for that, I'll think you'll find. Not some BS donation he can pay for with a Light and Easy commercial and never has to think about again.

Hardly the captain, or indeed even in the leadership group as a 24 year old either, let alone representing the so-called Family Club.

No doubt. Can't cost everyone at the club a shot at the flag though, just because one player stuffed up.

This is probably the most embarrassing justification of it. "Why punish everyone else?"

Hodgey is your elected leader, the players should have been aware that, although he is a great bloke and a bit of a larrakin, he's prone to a bit of a "brain fart" both on and off the field, and tends to miss games here and there.

1. Disgraceful something something
2. Role model etc, etc
3. Sending out messages yap yap
4. Typical kulcha don't ask me about my own club
"Family club" seems to be getting a good run too, apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably the most embarrassing justification of it. "Why punish everyone else?"

Hodgey is your elected leader, the players should have been aware that, although he is a great bloke and a bit of a larrakin, he's prone to a bit of a "brain fart" both on and off the field, and tends to miss games here and there.

Why is that an 'embarassing justification'? Hodge shouldn't have done what he did. He admits that. He will be punished for it by the legal system like any other citizen would in those circumstances, and will pay an additional $5k on top of that.

There are tens of thousands of people invested in the club winning the flag. One person making an error - even if he is the captain - doesn't affect that.

Why is that an 'embarassing justification'? Hodge shouldn't have done what he did. He admits that. He will be punished for it by the legal system like any other citizen would in those circumstances, and will pay an additional $5k on top of that.

There are tens of thousands of people invested in the club winning the flag. One person making an error - even if he is the captain - doesn't affect that.

Sorry, you're right. The captain of these tens of thousands of people doing the right thing, being on the piss the week out from finals, and then driving, should absolutley not be held to account for his actions.

Hi ant, great question. I'm just curious myself as to your thoughts on Hawthorn calling themselves the Family Club?

SJ copped 50 hours of road trauma education for that, I'll think you'll find. Not some BS donation he can pay for with a Light and Easy commercial and never has to think about again.

Hardly the captain, or indeed even in the leadership group as a 24 year old either, let alone representing the so-called Family Club.

So 8 games for a wee and no suspension for something I would consider about 100 times more dangerous than what hodge did. As a father of 3 young kids if I had to choose between someone being just over the legal alcohol limit and someone driving 77 kms over the speed limit down my street I would choose hodges action every single time.

I don't agree with either action but stevies was so much worse not just in my eyes but also the eyes of the law.

If you consider the punishment for stevie j adequate with the high moral standards you are displaying here then you are delusional.

The AFL must strip them of the title, and tell all media to drop the monicker also.

The entire club needs to be suspended.

I agree! Additionally, If we REALLY cared about drink driving, all Hawthorn supporters should hand ourselves over to the police for "rehabilitation"....

#bigfootylogic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider this you're first step in not being annoying then. Well done for realising your issue.

You know what's really funny? You using the death of a coach's son to prop up your obvious point about the evils of drink driving. You call me insensitive? You're a effing c&ckhead

You know what's even funnier? The captain of your club actually drink driving. Insensitive or? Pretty selfish act I'd have thought. I mean, it's one thing for me to talk about it, but for a bloke so.close to the tragedy to actually do it, well...

You know what's even funnier? The captain of your club actually drink driving. Insensitive or? Pretty selfish act I'd have thought. I mean, it's one thing for me to talk about it, but for a bloke so.close to the tragedy to actually do it, well...
I'm not happy he did it at all. But guys like you love jumping on stuff opposition players do and are willing pull out all trumps in doing so including raising the death of a coach's son. You're really classy mate

So 8 games for a wee and no suspension for something I would consider about 100 times more dangerous than what hodge did. As a father of 3 young kids if I had to choose between someone being just over the legal alcohol limit and someone driving 77 kms over the speed limit down my street I would choose hodges action every single time.

I don't agree with either action but stevies was so much worse not just in my eyes but also the eyes of the law.

If you consider the punishment for stevie j adequate with the high moral standards you are displaying here then you are delusional.

It's been widely reported that the Cats had more of an issue with SJ's alcohol related issues.

I'm not sure you can choose between drink driving and speeding. At the end of the day, they're both awful, and I'm sure SJ learnt his lesson in those 50 hrs of service he did.

I'm not happy he did it at all. But guys like you love jumping on stuff opposition players do and are willing pull out all trumps in doing so including raising the death of a coach's son. You're really classy mate

Oh come on mate, holding me culpable for pointing out facts? I'm sorry if you don't like them, I certainly don't, but at the end of the day, this is the leader of your football club who is in the wrong.

That the media continues to make him out to be a great bloke just makes me sick. I strongly suggest getting your hands on a copy of yesterday's halftime show on Fox.

It's been widely reported that the Cats had more of an issue with SJ's alcohol related issues.

I'm not sure you can choose between drink driving and speeding. At the end of the day, they're both awful, and I'm sure SJ learnt his lesson in those 50 hrs of service he did.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Cats were worried about his drinking because it effected is on field performance but he got a slap on the wrist for putting lives at risk by going 127 kms in a built up residential area. Pathetic response that by your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back