Player Watch Luke Nankervis - Rising Star Nomination!

Do you think the AFC coaches will pick Luke Nankervis in Round 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Ogilivie drafting gem. His skinny frame was miles off AFL level when we first drafted him too. Murray, Keane and Nank have been shrewd selections in recent years.

If people are going to highlight first round misses, also realise that if any of these guys were taken in the first round you wouldn't be batting an eyelid. Talent can come from anywhere and it's about maximising every recruiting mechanism the AFL allows.
you wouldn't want a hbf'er taken with a first or second round pick, congrats to him but difficult to see his talent progressing him past a wing at most you'd think

soligo tho if he was a first rounder then sure you'd not bat an eye lid. just need 5 more of him to make up for the first round busts 😃

Strongly disagree when you say Sheldrick is a bust. Is very talented and hard at it, and is only not in the team because of an unfortunate run of injuries. I very much want him in the team, and as soon as he is back from injury and gets a few games in the reserves he will be pushing for a spot in the first team.
Awww man even Sydney's busts are better than ours

you wouldn't want a hbf'er taken with a first or second round pick, congrats to him but difficult to see his talent progressing him past a wing at most you'd think

soligo tho if he was a first rounder then sure you'd not bat an eye lid. just need 5 more of him to make up for the first round busts 😃
Did Melbourne waste a pick on Caleb Windsor then? McCluggage was a first round pick and is an elite winger. Plenty of elite HBF/wingers are taken in the first or second round.

Did Melbourne waste a pick on Caleb Windsor then? McCluggage was a first round pick and is an elite winger. Plenty of elite HBF/wingers are taken in the first or second round.
Why bother replying the post was ridiculous, a top notch running defender is worth their weight in gold in the modern AFL.

Nank would be 3rd base right now.
"The ball is bobbled out in center. And here comes the throw, and what a throw. He's gonna slide in head-first. Here he comes -- he's out. No, wait, safe, safe at second base! This kid really makes things happen out there. Batter steps up to the plate. Here's the pitch and he's going, and what a jump he's got. He's trying for third. Here's the throw -- it's in the dirt, safe at third."

Nankervis: I think he's gonna make it. :sneaky:

i don't follow Melbourne so can't comment, but of course elite outside players are valuable. just the high end picks we blew can't be made up for by the players you mentioned keane, murray and nank all low value positions at present and not a lot to suggest they could be more imo. soligo is a different story. anyway I'll let that be as this is more of a celebration thread

Nankervis has a decent career ahead of him.

He'll have a very rapid "zero-to-boys club" transition, like every attacking player who plays in the vicinity of the half back flank/wing. see also Sholl, Atkins, et al.

lol okay mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as I said I'll leave it as it is a celebration thread but if you think a hbf is a critical position i don't know what to tell ya

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Luke Nankervis - Rising Star Nomination!

Back