Team Mgmt. Makeup of our team II - Strengths & deficiencies, player development

Remove this Banner Ad

I think plenty are getting ahead of themselves with Bryan. I think our best team has Draper rucking and 2mp as the second ruck.
Bryan doesn’t help us enough in the air and Draper only shows glimpses as a forward.

we definitely can’t play all 3.

I think plenty are getting ahead of themselves with Bryan. I think our best team has Draper rucking and 2mp as the second ruck.
Bryan doesn’t help us enough in the air and Draper only shows glimpses as a forward.

Brisbane played a ruck + Daniher + Hipwood.

No reason you can’t play 3 talls if everyone else can pressure it’s fairly standard practice

Your opinion of course but the version of 2MP we had in the back end of this year was rather average. Next year is the time to sort out the rucks and if the sub gets dumped then you can play 3. Are you saying Bryan has no scope to improve a little more over pre season ?

Your opinion of course but the version of 2MP we had in the back end of this year was rather average. Next year is the time to sort out the rucks and if the sub gets dumped then you can play 3. Are you saying Bryan has no scope to improve a little more over pre season ?
He could improve, but he has a long way to go to compete in the air with guys his height.

I’ve just seen plenty of mock teams with Bryan ruck and Draper forward, and even with no sub i wouldn’t want to play all 3 because it holds one bench rotation hostage to a ruckman.

If all players are playing well i think Bryan is the worst of the 3 by a fair margin, but wright was pretty bad last season, especially in the ruck.

The ability to have two blokes who can compete in ruck and forwardline is going to be our best mix, Bryan can’t compete forward yet, and I don’t see a lot of scope for improvement in this area.

Brisbane played a ruck + Daniher + Hipwood.

No reason you can’t play 3 talls if everyone else can pressure it’s fairly standard practice
I don't think we can play 3 talls + Langford though.

Bryan as the number one with Draper, Wright, Caddy and Langford is definitely too tall for my liking.

You're basically subbing out Stringer for Wright in the mix we ran with to finish the season, which would make our already poor forward pressure even worse.

He could improve, but he has a long way to go to compete in the air with guys his height.

I’ve just seen plenty of mock teams with Bryan ruck and Draper forward, and even with no sub i wouldn’t want to play all 3 because it holds one bench rotation hostage to a ruckman.

If all players are playing well i think Bryan is the worst of the 3 by a fair margin, but wright was pretty bad last season, especially in the ruck.

The ability to have two blokes who can compete in ruck and forwardline is going to be our best mix, Bryan can’t compete forward yet, and I don’t see a lot of scope for improvement in this area.
Problem is none of the combinations are great on exposed form.

I said to myself I wouldn't do another one of these until after the season was done. However this is my scorched earth scenario, I'll probably have something more realistic post season.

3 years: Jones (pending the trigger)
2 years: Guelfi
1 year: Wanganeen, J Davey, Baldwin

Retire: Heppell, Goldstein
Delist: Hunter, Kelly, Setterfield

Trade:

1. Darcy Parish to Geelong for F1 and 33
2. Sam Draper and pick 7-10 to Adelaide for pick 4 and F1
3. Dylan Shiel to WB for Caleb Daniel
4. Jake Stringer, Nick Hind and F3 to Melbourne for 38, F2 and 49
5. Sam Weideman to North for pick 65.
6. Jayden Laverde to St Kilda for F3
7. Josh Sinn and Dante Visentini for 33 and F2
8. Alex Davies for 65
9. Nick Haynes UFA (or Josh Rotham if he chooses Carlton)
10. Jarryd Lyons UFA

12 out. 7 (including SEH) in. Leaves us with 4, 29, 38, 46 and 49

Pick 5 (post Ashcroft bid): Josh Smillie (194 IM)
Pick 11 (post Ashcroft/Lombardi bids): Isaac Kako (use 29, 38, 46 and 49 to match, 178 SF)
Trade Geelong F1 to get back into the back end of the first, draft Jobe Shanahan (194 KPF)
Last pick: James Barrat (190 MD)

NGA: Jayden Nguyen (177 HBF), Amin Naim (187 MF)

DFA/SSP: Mature age ruck

List profile:

Defence:

Key Defenders: Lewis Hayes, Kaine Baldwin, Zach Reid, Ben McKay
Medium Defenders: Nik Cox, Jordan Ridley, James Barrat, Nick Haynes/Josh Rotham
Small Defenders: Andrew McGrath, Mason Redman, Luamon Lual, Archie Roberts, Caleb Daniel, Jayden Nguyen

Midfield:

Inside Midfielders: Elijah Tsatas, Jye Caldwell, Zach Merrett, Ben Hobbs, Sam Durham, Alex Davies, Josh Smillie, Jarryd Lyons
Outside Midfielders: Harrison Jones, Xavier Duursma, Nic Martin, Saad El-Hawli, Josh Sinn, Alwyn Davey jr
Rucks: Nick Bryan, Dante Visentini, DFA/SSP

Forward:

Key Forwards: Peter Wright (ruck), Nate Caddy, Vigo Visentini (ruck), Jobe Shanahan
Medium Forwards: Kyle Langford, Archie Perkins, Amin Naim
Small Forwards: Jade Gresham, Matt Guelfi, Jayden Davey, Tex Wanganeen, Jye Menzie, Isaac Kako
I really like Shanahan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Mgmt. Makeup of our team II - Strengths & deficiencies, player development

Remove this Banner Ad

Back