Marc Murphy/Josh Kennedy v Dale Thomas/Scott Pendlebury v Xavier Ellis/Beau Dowler

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Marc Murphy/Josh Kennedy v Dale Thomas/Scott Pendlebury v Xavier Ellis/Beau Dowle

Jeez, early days. Ellis and Dowler haven't even played yet. Ask the question in another couple of years and at least people will have had an opportunity to watch all six play a fair bit of football.

Re: Marc Murphy/Josh Kennedy v Dale Thomas/Scott Pendlebury v Xavier Ellis/Beau Dowle

Palmer Stoat said:
Jeez, early days. Ellis and Dowler haven't even played yet. Ask the question in another couple of years and at least people will have had an opportunity to watch all six play a fair bit of football.
Like he said.

I thought this would be a progress thread.

Progress wise, Thomas and Pendlebury are right up there with Murphy and Kennedy. Performance wise Murphy has probably done better but Kennedy would be behind Thomas and Pendlebury because of injury.

Palmer Stoat said:
Dowler has played. Didn't really do much in his two games but at such a young age that doesn't really mean much.

I don't understand the point of the thread. A comparison between 1st picks from the 2005 draft. I don't know...

A better question would be who would you rather have of Andrew Carrazzo/Brett Thornton vs Tarkyn Lockyer/Nick Maxwell vs Brad Sewell/Robbie Campbell?

All recruited via the rookie list.

Murphy looks unbelievable!! Until injured he was being tagged, scragged and playing with a bunch of hacks. I think he will be an absolute Voss/Judd type. Big wraps yes!
So i would take the Carlton pair. Kennedy hasn't done much yet, but you can take a while when you are big. Pendles looks very good. Thomas is handy but a bit of a squib. Hawks pair wait and see.
Blues / Pies / Tassy in that order!

Ask me in two or three years.
Don't ask me why the hell they should be at 3 clubs rather than 6 though. Bloody disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DG-Man said:
Thomas is handy but a bit of a squib.
Blues / Pies / Tassy in that order!

Thomas is no squib. A squib is someone that is soft, and Thomas for such a little runt has a go. For someone that has the body of a twelve year old he lays some good tackles. I can't wait for him to put on some muscle. (which he will do) It makes me cringe sometimes watching play with reckless abandon. Yep, can't wait for the guy to put some beef, I worry abot the little fella! But a squib he is not.

gandaal said:
He's a first year key position player who missed most of the year through injury and your having a go at him for not dominating straight off the bat? Gee you Tassie fans are impatient.

Lol, that is a classic strawman argument :thumbsu:

Only one of those players would walk into any team's best 22 atm.

jones and bartram have debuted strongly. bartram continues to wow me - he's just come from nowhere to be a regular contributor in a (currently) top 4 side.

A lot of water under the bridge and it's clear that the Thomas/Pendlebury combination was easily the most inspired selection of the draft.

Id still prefer Murphy and Kennedy

I believe there is not much seperating Murphy and Pendlebury if anything Murphy is a better midfielder. Also believe that Kennedy is still improving, last year was the first year he was able to play a whole season and he has had a couple of very dominating quarters this year.

V Hawthorn especially in the last 20 minutes he almost won us the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marc Murphy/Josh Kennedy v Dale Thomas/Scott Pendlebury v Xavier Ellis/Beau Dowler

Remove this Banner Ad

Back