Marcus Bontempelli - The next Big thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

sandra-sully-519728.jpg

Also coming up on the late news:

- Malcolm Turnbull has seized the Prime Ministership in a coup of the Liberal party caucus.
- Australian journalist Peter Greste has been released from an Egyptian prison after more than a year.
- And in international news we discuss the upcoming Brexit poll and what Brexit could mean for the UK.

Seriously, where the **** have you been for the last 18 months? I love it when people open threads only for the content of the post to clearly show that they don't watch footy.
Calm down I do watch footy and I understand he's been a great player ever since he's debuted. However I am just pointing out the fact that not many players deliver in a cutthroat final like he did and now can be considered a true superstar of the comp. A lot of effort into a post that was based on nothing but false assumption.

sandra-sully-519728.jpg

Also coming up on the late news:

- Malcolm Turnbull has seized the Prime Ministership in a coup of the Liberal party caucus.
- Australian journalist Peter Greste has been released from an Egyptian prison after more than a year.
- And in international news we discuss the upcoming Brexit poll and what Brexit could mean for the UK.

Seriously, where the **** have you been for the last 18 months? I love it when people open threads only for the content of the post to clearly show that they don't watch footy.
sandra sully brad mcewen sexual tension
<
ticky fullerton marcus padley sexual tension
<
annabel crabb boris johnson sexual tension
meds

medusala

Bont is pretty special though. I think he's as classy and skilled as Scott Pendlebury only more physical, more athletic and more punishing and I rate Pendle's as one of the best players I've see wear black and white. Bontempelli is just a beast.

This. Pies fans have had the pleasure of watching Pendlebury be Pendlebury, and win a Norm Smith in a premiership side at only 21 years of age.

It's awesome to see Bont dominate in such similar fashion, at such a young age and with a similarly unique style of play. Dogs fans are in for a treat for the next decade. He'll lead them to a flag sometime soon, I have no doubt.

[QUOTE="Royal Flash, post: 46778101, member: 158131"]I wouldn't go that far. Judd was electrifying at the beginning of his career. People forget just what a jet he was.

Bont is pretty special though. I think he's as classy and skilled as Scott Pendlebury only more physical, more athletic and more punishing and I rate Pendle's as one of the best players I've see wear black and white. Bontempelli is just a beast.

As a person who loves good football no matter who is playing it watching Bontempelli and Trealor tear it up when we played the Doggies the second time had me salivating at the spectacle. It had me going all Bruce McAvaney to be honest.[/QUOTE]
As a Lions supporter I sadly remember his first game at the Gabba and tore us a new one, even Lethal knew and told the players to keep a eye on him but they must have not got the memo.

On the off chance (unlikely) that he a couple of blistering years and doesn't do a hell of a lot more, he'll still be the biggest thing because commentators will keep calling him the biggest thing.
Absolute gun but I fear that a routine handball will become genius......just as we hear with Cyril.

I wouldn't go that far. Judd was electrifying at the beginning of his career. People forget just what a jet he was.

As a person who loves good football no matter who is playing it watching Bontempelli and Trealor tear it up when we played the Doggies the second time had me salivating at the spectacle. It had me going all Bruce McAvaney to be honest.
As a Lions supporter I sadly remember his first game at the Gabba and tore us a new one, even Lethal knew and told the players to keep a eye on him but they must have not got the memo.

jjami15 until Chief, he of unmatched wisdom has fixed his forum codes, one needs some dexterity when they use the bold function innit. meds and i are aware that an incorrect digit like LCTM and black scholes and will crash the figbooty

#Poe's_law
#Chief, he of unmatched wisdom
#meds
#avatarsighandlephonetics

medusala

starting to become more than nuisance value inside the forward 50 too, which for a bloke who is 194cm, skilled, courageous and can run all day is very encouraging. All of this points to a game that will age well

I'm not seeing the Fyfe and Kouta comparisons. He's slow and not explosive at all compared to those two.

Pendles is a perfectly apt comparison, in my opinion.

He needs to get a haircut too. The amount of times I saw him fixing up his hair in the contest last night was embarrassing.

I'm not seeing the Fyfe and Kouta comparisons. He's slow and not explosive at all compared to those two.

He needs to get a haircut too. The amount of times I saw him fixing up his hair in the contest last night was embarrassing.

I actually agree, he is certainly a 'thing' if observations like this are noted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come off it champ. Kouta and Ffye weren't half as good as him at 20 years of age. You sound jealous.

Come off it champ. Kouta and Ffye weren't half as good as him at 20 years of age. You sound jealous.

Fyfe was a B&F in the year we made the GF (when he was 21), and then MVP when he was 22 and 23.

But I do agree Bont's 2016 > Fyfe's 2012, but not by as much as you would think. Fyfe was injured for most of it but did get 14 Brownlow votes in the 8 regular season games he played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcus Bontempelli - The next Big thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back