Roast Margettes gotta go!

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching live it actually wasn't Margettes most of the time tonight.

However I am pretty sure one of our players (Blakely maybe?) must have slept with Nick Foot's missus though because he couldn't call frees against Freo quick enough. I'm not sure how bad it was watching on TV but at the ground it was bloody ridiculous.

Watching live it actually wasn't Margettes most of the time tonight.

However I am pretty sure one of our players (Blakely maybe?) must have slept with Nick Foot's missus though because he couldn't call frees against Freo quick enough. I'm not sure how bad it was watching on TV but at the ground it was bloody ridiculous.

On tv I definitely noticed there was a non-Margetts ump ****ing us over time and time again. Didn't know his name but I guess I do now.

I'm president of the sack margetts club, but most of the sh*t calls in our back half weren't his tonight. He actually contributed to our goal after that idiot goal umpire thought it went the other side of the post.
Yeah when he first came in to talk with the goal umpy i thought here we go this clowns going to back up that Muppet of a goal umpire but I think he actually questioned him on indicating it was a point by pre emptively suggesting it was a goal.
Regardless he's still an utter flog

Agree regarding Foot. Sweet looks like we've acquired ourselves another pre conceived biased ump to enjoy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of freo fans are suffering Stockholm syndrome. This guy is an absolute pest and will never change. We need to do something to remove him from our matches. If a premier league referee had that text message exchange shown above with a fan of a club in the EPL, there’s just no way he would ever ref one of their games again. No way!!
Yet here in the AFL it’s just taken for granted as normal. For fu**s sake - he’s literally ridiculing some of our players and there are no consequences?
Longmuir or bell should just publicly say - we don’t want Dean Margetts umpiring our games again. Full stop. Be firm and double down.
One of two things would happen:
1. The AFL avoid controversy and don’t appoint him again to a Dockers match, or even limit the amount of dockers games he does. Win.
2. They appoint him, but there’s an intense media spotlight on his decisions. The AFL media and footy shows are poring over every decision he makes (jlo keeps bringing it up at pressers) and therefore he actually overcorrects and gives us more decisions in our favour than he should. Win.

At the end of the day what have we to lose? We do nothing and continue as a weak subservient entity and Margetts continues to screw us every week. Great. Delighted with that.
Option 1
Step 1 Write a letter to the AFL
Step 2 Leak the existence of the letter to the media, name Maggotts

Option 2
Step 1 Don’t write a letter
Step 2 leak to the media of a letter requesting not wanting Maggotts

Option 3
Step 1 Write a letter
Step 2 leak to the media but don’t name Maggotts

Option 4
Step 1 don’t write a letter
Step 2 leak to the media of a letter requesting not wanting a certain umpire and don’t name Maggots

Option 5
Step 1 Go onto BF rumours page and leak an non existent letter. Hopefully, a media troll takes up the rumour.

With the covid hub in Perth the AFL will not send umpires from the east so we are going to be stuck with Margetts for a few more weeks. Plus the AFL reluctance to have him umpire west coast games means he is likely to be assigned freo games for the near future.

Dean is probs not a cheat, he's probs just not very good at his job.
The fact he's umpired over 350 games, and never umpired a GF says it all really

I say he’s ‘average’ at his job (explains why he has had such a long career without hitting great heights) AND is also a cheat (explains his free kick record against Freo and also the multitude of non paid frees in favour of Freo that don’t make the stats).

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Margettes gotta go!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back