Mark Johnson to Port....

Remove this Banner Ad

McPhee33

Debutant
Sep 30, 2004
AFL Club
Essendon
These rumours are getting absurd.

However under a possible three-way deal with Essendon, Port would get Mark Johnson for Carr, who would then go to Fremantle, while the Bombers would get Fremantle youngster Ryley Dunn and the Dockers' first draft pick.

You're kidding me right..

McPhee33 said:

However under a possible three-way deal with Essendon, Port would get Mark Johnson for Carr, who would then go to Fremantle, while the Bombers would get Fremantle youngster Ryley Dunn and the Dockers' first draft pick.

Why? I'd take that one!

Only reason I would take it is because Freo have a habit of handballing good players to other clubs

Dunn with his long kicking and pace would be most handy to us in years to come. With number 11 in the draft we could pick up a strong key position player who is around 191 - 194 cm not another player close to the 200cm mark (ie ruckman size) or perhaps even on trade it for nothing less than a potential superstar.

I would be very dissapointed if this trade didnt happen.

Longy413 said:
Since when was Ryley Dunn a quick, long kicking midfielder?

Very quick over the first 20, he was in the top bracket over 20 in last years draft camp. He is no D.Jarman when it comes to footskills but they are adequate. Super tough and as brave as they come.

I saw him play against the falcons in 2003 and he impressed me more than his higher profile teamate Tenace.

Didn't say he was a midfielder.

Seen him training at Freo, when he kicks the ball it looks as though it will explode of his foot. James Walker is the faster player officially in the AFL but doesnt look it on the field. I dont know Dunns test results from the draft camp (2003) but when i see him run he looks fast and powerful.

Unfortunately with our good performances over the past decade we get the crap draft picks and have to take reasonable risks to secure tomorrows future superstars this is one.

Seen him training at Freo, when he kicks the ball it looks as though it will explode of his foot. James Walker is the faster player officially in the AFL but doesnt look it on the field. I dont know his test results from the draft camp (2003) but when i see him run he looks fast and powerful.

Unfortunately with our good performances over the past decade we get the crap draft picks and have to take reasonable risks to secure tomorrows future superstars this is one.

Dunn is unproven, so a risk. I wouldn't be entirely unhappy though. I'm surprised so many think we'd be getting a steal with a trade like this though. Mark Johnson is a very good player - not his fault he's been played out of position recently.

Schopp said:

I wasnt disputing that he is a midfielder.
He is a midfielder.

I rate Dunn highley, and was hoping that he would get through to 13 last year.
However he isn't overly quick, and he isn't a long kick of the footy.
But he does know how to find the pill, and he does like it hard and tough.
He would compliment our other young midfielders in Dyson, Stanton, Winderlich, Reynolds nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pazza said:
What are Port fans worried about vis-a-vis MJ.

Just think another Pickett..sounds like a dangerous tag-team if it ever got into a fight!

The difference between those two is, Pickett is a tough man who does good legal bumps, MJ thinks he's a tough man who does illegal bumps, gives away a free, then sooks more and gives away a 50.

Cant see it happening - most of Essendon's trades over the years have not been ''leaked'' to the media. They are surprises!

If anything, we'll only trade draft picks - and hopefully not for Whitnall.

I dont care how good he is, why the hell would we trade one of our best and toughest players?? We've just lost Wellman, Mercuri and Misiti - so I would say our midfield and half back line NEEDS Mark Johnson for stability and leadership.

If he gets traded I am going to be a very unhappy camper.

Tinker said:
I dont care how good he is, why the hell would we trade one of our best and toughest players?? We've just lost Wellman, Mercuri and Misiti - so I would say our midfield and half back line NEEDS Mark Johnson for stability and leadership.

MJ one of our toughest players?

lol

If he gets traded I am going to be a very unhappy camper.

Im sure the football department is taking that very situation into account as we speak.

McPhee33 said:

I agree with you 100%.........
The strongest thing i've heard about Mark Johnson is that he'll join his brother down at Catland and you guys will get Mr. Blackjack (Tenace), with a few draft picks involved....
I'd think that's better than Riley Dunn

Well it looks like johnno is gonna stay with the bombers reports are the bombers dont want to trade him to port and get pick 11 and ryley dunn in return! Gee tomorrows the last day of trades will essendon even do a deal?????????????????????????

lol, peter burgoyne? u'd have to do more than to land D Solomon which was Ports preference apparently before enquiring about MJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Johnson to Port....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back