Recommitted Mark Keane - Signs 3 Year Extension [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's expected to stay at the crows now

Crows have come with a better deal in the last 24hrs.
More money and longer term

Announcement to come next week
The new deal wasn't the last 24 hours... was on the table before he left for Ireland.

Good news he is staying.

He's expected to stay at the crows now

Crows have come with a better deal in the last 24hrs.
More money and longer term

Announcement to come next week

Very happy about this.

He's better than Frampton.

Why do Adelaide supporters get so angry that we don't want him?

He probably is better, the point is we don't have much to give and what we have, we don't want to spend on Keane.

Last edited:
Keane needs to tighten up a bit defensively, but is going to be a very handy KPD with more experience. He can be very good at intercepting, but plays a bit too loose when he has to mark a player. Getting better by foot and takes the game on. I think we need him and I think Collingwood does too.

Who do Adelaide supporters get so angry that we don't want him?

He probably is better, the point is we don't have much to give and what we have, we don't want to spend on Keane.
Your club did want him though because they know Frampton is average. It has forced us into a 4 year extension, when maybe it would have only been a 3 year extension.

He is miles better than Frampton, that’s not actually even a debate, that’s the issue a few have had with some Collingwood fans in this thread.

I’m very happy to keep a top 20 defender in the league, so don’t mind the club paying a bit extra to ensure he’s happy here.

Probably best for all parties. Keane should repay the Crows and at least play out his contract, or re-sign altogether. I wouldn’t feel confident in Collingwood trading a decent pick for him after he walked out on us once before and may have walked out on Adelaide.

Keane may still have development in being a #1 key defender but I don’t think he’s exactly the type of defender Collingwood needs in order to contend again next year.

Adelaide are putting together a good group of tall defenders - presuming Murray, Butts, Worrell, Curtin and Nankervis are all long-termers, does Butts fall out of the side for round one next year or can they all play together?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably best for all parties. Keane should repay the Crows and at least play out his contract, or re-sign altogether. I wouldn’t feel confident in Collingwood trading a decent pick for him after he walked out on us once before and may have walked out on Adelaide.

Keane may still have development in being a #1 key defender but I don’t think he’s exactly the type of defender Collingwood needs in order to contend again next year.

Adelaide are putting together a good group of tall defenders - presuming Murray, Butts, Worrell, Curtin and Nankervis are all long-termers, does Butts fall out of the side for round one next year or can they all play together?
Looks like we are keeping keane, but just to show you pies there is no hard feelings, you can twist our arm wink wink and we will 'reluctantly' trade a mchenry or a himmelberg to you......

It is a good groupof key defenders, and there is plenty of depth but it is lacking a star player. Nankervis is a flanker or maybe wingman and the plan for Curtin appears to be midfield. Worrell is the first picked out of the tall defenders but he is best suited to be a 3rd tall rather than a true key defender. All of Butts, Murray, Borlase and Keane are good enough to be playing AFL but I think only 2 of them can fit into the side. Based on this season, my preferred 2 would be Keane and Butts. Although Murray was coming back from and ACL so he should improve and it sounds like he is the highest rated internally.

It is a good groupof key defenders, and there is plenty of depth but it is lacking a star player. Nankervis is a flanker or maybe wingman and the plan for Curtin appears to be midfield. Worrell is the first picked out of the tall defenders but he is best suited to be a 3rd tall rather than a true key defender. All of Butts, Murray, Borlase and Keane are good enough to be playing AFL but I think only 2 of them can fit into the side. Based on this season, my preferred 2 would be Keane and Butts. Although Murray was coming back from and ACL so he should improve and it sounds like he is the highest rated internally.
From what I saw, I thought Murray was terrific pre-ACL in 2023.

Your club did want him though because they know Frampton is average. It has forced us into a 4 year extension, when maybe it would have only been a 3 year extension.

He is miles better than Frampton, that’s not actually even a debate, that’s the issue a few have had with some Collingwood fans in this thread.

I’m very happy to keep a top 20 defender in the league, so don’t mind the club paying a bit extra to ensure he’s happy here.
No one said Frampton was better.

Will remain at the Crows. Sam Edmund

Mark Keane has recommitted to the Crows with a new contract. Big win for Adelaide given Collingwood were chasing a reunion with the Irish defender, who is back home on leave. Keane was already contracted until 2025 at the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Mark Keane - Signs 3 Year Extension [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back