List Mgmt. Marsh going home for personal reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going to go into too much detail about what I've been told, but it's not coaching (Buckley) related at all.

Marsh raised an issue to the AFLPA that had arisen due to problems with our welfare department. The same department that is in the process of being completely rebuilt from the ground up.

It would be fair to say were split in this forum when it comes to Marsh.
Half of us think he wasnt going to be any good. Probably a few more of us thought he showed potential.
I think he did show some potential , i think in years to come he could have been a swingman play both back and forward. At only 20 years old some people are being pretty harsh on him. He hasnt had the impact that the Bont has had at the Buldogs.But either did Heath Shaw in his first couple of years of his career ,and look how he went from his 3rd year and after.
Out best hope i think is if the Eagles or Dockers show no interest and he decides to stay on that fact.
Otherwise we have to make the best of a bad situation, ask for a round 2 maybe accept a round 3? Who knows? Or even better get a key position backman of the same age or similar. Even if becomes a 3 way deal. Get another club involved.
Any ideas of key position players from eagles or dockers in the 19 to 22 age bracket that could be seen as a fair swap?
Or from other clubs? 3 way deal?

I highly doubt you would ever get confirmation. Whilst you sometimes get an inkling it is not a reason players and managers give for leaving. The only example I can think of recently is Griffin who clearly had issues with the coach.

As I have said before I was told 6 weeks ago he was not happy and that he is not a fan of Bucks and was weighing up his options. I strongly believe all of these to be true but the main reason he leaves could still be for family reasons.

If anyone is wanting to know the exact reasons you probably wont find out.
Yep, so confirmation of any details surrounding the situation is unlikely? If so, then assessing Buckley's man management skills is difficult.

Posters hardly ever look to the player involved and consider that perhaps the player shares culpability. Did your source give you details of Marsh's issues with Buckley?

Not going to go into too much detail about what I've been told, but it's not coaching (Buckley) related at all.

Marsh raised an issue to the AFLPA that had arisen due to problems with our welfare department. The same department that is in the process of being completely rebuilt from the ground up.
Thanks

So what did the Welfare do so badly that.made Marsh Walk?

Must been pretty Big

Really disappointed. Remember being excited when we drafted Marsh, and recall the discussions on here about him being very 'raw' and a 'project' player. Followed him in the VFL, awaited his senior debut with great anticipation, then two devastating hamstring injuries. Very sad and wish him all the best.

But even sadder will be the further depletion of our backline in 2017. We struggled all year for a settled backline. How much worse will it be next year? Dear God. And I have very little faith in Keeffe delivering anything after two years out of the system.

l find it strange that on the trade thread we are telling the club to throw any one under the bus
and say trade them their spuds etc, but if any one leaves we get all out rage them to blame the coach
or who ever for them leaving. with out any facts whats so ever.
there were two post on here one blaming bucks and one not, which one is correct l dont know
and to be frank dont care for the argument. all it seems at the moment marsh has some problems
in his life and l hope he can sort it out and if that includes continuing playing his football in w.a
so be it. not every thing is the fault of the coach or club, some people can handle living away
from home, some cannot and that is a fact of life
if he goes it is a shame marsh has talent, but the way footy is now you move on and say next
player in.
hope all the best for the young man in what ever happens in the future

Might be a chance for Goldsack to make himself relevant again. Needs a preseason bulking up a bit then he can be third tall defender or even a key defender if it comes to it. Reid, Brown, Keefe, Goldsack, Howe... it's not panic stations yet people!

Trade the sook to Brisbane if he wants to go. Clubs bigger than a sook wanting to go home to mummy. Trade to whatever club gives us the best deal.

wonder why he waited a week into the trade period to announce he wanted to leave or did the club wait this long? does it leave us less time to get a deal done?
I liked his potential but he wants out so time to move him on and get on with things.

Is it related to that rumour that was floated ages ago on EB&W how some players were waiting for ages to get their relocation expenses & such paid and more shocking examples

So it has nothing to do with Bucks, our football department is at fault.
Scodog10 has been consistent in his criticism of our lack of player development and this is under the same umbrella IMO.
We've all heard Gubby is fixing things and your "from the ground up" comment gives further support to this.
Thanks Matt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it has nothing to do with Bucks, our football department is at fault.
Scodog10 has been consistent in his criticism of our lack of player development and this is under the same umbrella IMO.
We've all heard Gubby is fixing things and your "from the ground up" comment gives further support to this.
Thanks Matt.

If that is the case (and not doubting it is) then surely by making changes this is redeemable.

I don't feel the same way. I see him as another player that the club couldn't keep, for one reason or another. A disgrace in light of all else that has happened with player movement over the years. Either that or the guy is an absolute wimp.
So either he stinks or the club stinks? Someone stinks here but it isn't either of those.

And in other news, 90% of Collingwood members have requested the number 17 be handed to Corey Gault for season 2017, congratulations Gault, don't let us down.
that can't be right... I thought the vote was to give #17 to Nathan Buckley.

I highly doubt you would ever get confirmation. Whilst you sometimes get an inkling it is not a reason players and managers give for leaving. The only example I can think of recently is Griffin who clearly had issues with the coach.

As I have said before I was told 6 weeks ago he was not happy and that he is not a fan of Bucks and was weighing up his options. I strongly believe all of these to be true but the main reason he leaves could still be for family reasons.

If anyone is wanting to know the exact reasons you probably wont find out.
You were the one who first alerted me to a problem with Marsh with this post - whatever else you said, you stated 'he is not a fan of Bucks'. That stuck with me and does now while the PC among us tread lightly, as they probably did for Beams.

This decision from Marsh is not unexpected. Bucks is already implicated. This may be the day that I position myself with the darker elements inhabiting Collingwood BF. People seem happy to watch the tall timber in our side crumble like teeth soaked in coca cola, but Marsh leaving gives me even less reason to trust the culture and direction of the club. This may be the day on which I cross camp and join those on ignore.

So the club is at fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Marsh going home for personal reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back