Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens

Leicester+City+v+Hull+City+Premier+League+06qLvY_B6Pil.jpg

HULL VS LEICESTER

Football returns to Yorkshire and England as PL winning captain Wes Morgan gives a class demonstration what 20th ranked Hull will go through match-by-match this season: Complete and utter football denial.​

Saturday, 13 August 2016
21:30 Hull v Leicester

Sunday, 14 August 2016
00:00 Burnley v Swansea
00:00 Crystal Palace v West Brom
00:00 Everton v Spurs
00:00 Middlesbrough v Stoke
00:00 Southampton v Watford
02:30 Man City v Sunderland

22:30 Bournemouth v Man Utd
https://www.premierleague.com/match/14047
Monday, 15 August 2016
01:00 Arsenal Liverpool
https://www.premierleague.com/match/14047
Tuesday, 16 August 2016
05:00 Chelsea v West Ham

Think you know the results? Why not prove a point in the Bigfooty Tipping Competition?
Starting this week, and are more than willing to welcome new entrants!

M
issing your fix of quality English football? Well, you just missed a whole weekend of it, shame on you.

Yeah alright, the start of the 108th first tier season (any superstitious folk here?) and on a commercial basis, the 25th Premier Season starts this weekend, and we're kicking off in time to see the first ever forfeit in the Premier League due to a lack of players. After that false start, we can get on to the meet of the games, though most of you won't really be paying attention to those, since the big teams are all the day after.

One thing to note is that we're now in a new era for the PL, as can be seen in the marketing and the huge TV deals on offer, which means you can be relegated while earning more than Juventus. There's also a cap on away tickets, though 20 isn't considered plenty, at least 30 is purdy. There's also the kickoff... which, honestly, looks really weird. So wrong.

As biggest billboard of the PL season, let me remind you once again that anyone can win this league if you've got the right combination. Don't rule yourself out just because you don't have the money or the squad, just defeat your opponent on matchday, and let the points build up. In this league, anyone can beat anyone on their day, you're not going to turn yourselves over just because Zlatan told you to. No, you smash that bugger in the nose, and you take all three points. This is a very even league, and your mission is to ensure you win the 50/50s, for that is the difference between winning the PL or getting a CL place, and cruelly missing out by the finest of margins.

Accumulate those points, and who knows, you might find yourself in a position that no one expects you to be in. They will tell you that you will eventually fade away and you have no right to stay where you are, but stuff them, just keep doing what you need to do day by day!

Three teams that will know all too well of that rush are the promoted teams; Burnley, Boro, and Hull, where one false step would've meant potentially missing out on the PL altogether. While our expectations are low, at least they will have the right mentality in ensuring that they cause a few surprises and keep the PL regulars honest. What you accomplished many years ago could soon be replaced with a Championship scuffle, one that could take many years to recover from.

To keep with tradition last year, I'm going to ask it... who will be our King for a 'Day'? AKA the team that will top the PL table at the end of the round. Potentially the only time a team will top it all season, but we dare to be surprised!

Have at it!

Hull vs Leicester 0-3
Burnley vs Swansea 0-0
Crystal Palace vs West Brom 2-0
Everton vs Spurs 1-2
Middlesbrough vs Stoke 2-3
Southampton vs Watford 1-1
Man City vs Sunderland 3-0
Bournemouth vs Man Utd 0-2
Arsenal vs Liverpool 2-2
Chelsea vs West Ham 1-0

Hull vs Leicester 0-3
Burnley vs Swansea 0-0
Crystal Palace vs West Brom 2-0
Everton vs Spurs 1-2
Middlesbrough vs Stoke 2-3
Southampton vs Watford 1-1
Man City vs Sunderland 3-0
Bournemouth vs Man Utd 0-2
Arsenal vs Liverpool 2-2
Chelsea vs West Ham 1-0

Them some good tips you've got there, why don't you come join us at the pool? There are prizes to be won if you're especially on the mark: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bigfooty-premier-league-tipping-competition.1138253/

You certainly are, welcome aboard!

Hull vs Leicester 0-2
Burnley vs Swansea 1-0
Crystal Palace vs West Brom 2-1
Everton vs Spurs 1-1
Middlesbrough vs Stoke 2-2
Southampton vs Watford 2-1
Man City vs Sunderland 4-1
Bournemouth vs Man Utd 1-2
Arsenal vs Liverpool 3-1
Chelsea vs West Ham 1-0
Don't think I missed you, Mr Man-Formely-Known-as-WC2022. Why don't you join us poolside as well?

Also, I prefer Zidane06 personally, lol.

Hull 0 v 2 Leicester
Burnley 0 v 1 Swansea
Crystal Palace 0 v 0 West Brom
Everton 1 v 1 Spurs
Middlesbrough 1 v 0 Stoke
Southampton 2 v 1 Watford
Man City 2 v 0 Sunderland
Bournemouth 0 v 2 Man Utd
Arsenal 1 v 1 Liverpool
Chelsea 1 v 0 West Ham

Hull 4 v 1 Leicester
Burnley 2 v 1 Swansea
Crystal Palace 0 v 0 West Brom
Everton 0 v 1 Spurs
Man City 4 v 0 Sunderland
Bournemouth 0 v 1 Man Utd
Arsenal 1 v 3 Liverpool
Chelsea 0 v 3 West Ham

Hull 2 v 5 Leicester
Burnley 1 v 0 Swansea
Crystal Palace 2 v 0 West Brom
Everton 2 v 2 Spurs
Middlesbrough 1 v 1 Stoke
Southampton 2 v 0 Watford
Man City 4 v 1 Sunderland
Bournemouth 1 v 3 Man Utd
Arsenal 3 v 3 Liverpool
Chelsea 2 v 1 West Ham

Hull 1 v 1 Leicester
Burnley 0 v 0 Swansea
Crystal Palace 1 v 0 West Brom
Everton 3 v 0 Spurs
Man City 3 v 1 Sunderland
Bournemouth 0 v 3 Man Utd
Arsenal 1 v 2 Liverpool
Chelsea 4 v 2 West Ham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hull City 0 - 3 Leicester City
Burnley 1 - 1 Swansea
Crystal Palace 1 - 0 West Brom
Everton 1 - 1 Spurs
Middlesbrough 0 - 2 Stoke
Southampton 3 - 1 Watford
Man City 5 - 1 Sunderland
Bournemouth 0 - 2 Man United
Arsenal 2 - 2 Liverpool
Chelsea 2 - 1 West Ham

Prediction for the first matchday thread shit fight: Liverpool & Tottenham

Prediction for the first matchday thread shit fight: Liverpool & Tottenham
Me if Spurs win: "lol Neverton, well done Spurs on beating the blueshite!"

Me if Spurs lose: "haha you're f'n shite..........................let's make a Spurs/Pool XI"

Me if Spurs win: "lol Neverton, well done Spurs on beating the blueshite!"

Me if Spurs lose: "haha you're f'n shite..........................let's make a Spurs/Pool XI"
I see you've played this game before.

I've already started thinking of excuses if we lose. "Conte's first game in charge", "the team is learning a new game plan", "Branislav Ivanovic", etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchday 1

Back