News Matt Clarke heads West. Replaced by Chris Toce

Remove this Banner Ad

Good riddance

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I did not mind him, not that I knew him, but seemed stable and relatively astute. It is a team combo so no idea of the dynamic.

At times we did not have great picks and I would have preferred more drafting than trades but not sure who makes those calls

I didn't rate him & i'll tell you why, he got more wrong than he got right. he has been here since 2013 just look at our drafting since than.
Francis Jackson recruited all our legends of the dynasty era Cotch, Riewoldt, Dusty, Edwards. etc
Blair Hartley had biggest impact of luring players from other clubs Grigg, Caddy, Houli, Prestia, Lynch you also hear players thanking him in retirement speeches for them getting him over to Richmond.

You might bring up the the odd gems like Baker & Short but they were rookies & more luck than anything if you give him credit for those you also have to give him criticism for guys like RCD, Corey Ellis, Ben Lennon.

I like some of our kids atm but also not sold on some of the players either.

I just hope we recruit someone highly rated & not promote within this is a serious job if you get wrong, can set your club back years.

Don't agree, getting Graham and Pickett and others with later picks was pretty important albeit a team decision I suppose.

is fj still at the club
Always watching
Creeping Found Footage GIF by Eternal Family

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopper 7 years , do you really need to ask ?
Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC
AFL Contract length inflation. Chol 5, Kosi 3. Good for players but must be more exit clauses you'd think. Brayshaw getting paid out, out of the salary cap.
Brody Grundy paid by multiple clubs .

I hope Hopper and the club perform better.

I see us drafting 6+ kids this year, so it's vital we get this appointment right.
I can see more than 3. But 7 sounds a but high.

Getting good picks to draft in high end talent is where we need to be over the next few years. And/or some astute FA/trades

I can see more than 3. But 7 sounds a but high.

Getting good picks to draft in high end talent is where we need to be over the next few years. And/or some astute FA/trades
Yeah 6 plus also means 6 plus trades and/or delistings
Haven’t done a deep dive through the list but seems excessive

6+? Wouldn't have thought so.
Just on the senior list I've got Grimes and Prestia likely retiring and Ralphsmith, Miller and MRJ almost certainly delisted. Then you've got one or more of Graham, Baker and Dusty a possibility to leave as FAs, Pickett a chance to be in jail and at least one of our rookies likely to have a line put through them by the end of the season + the possibility of 1-2 mid-season picks if we get injuries.

If we have a down year as expected, then I've got no doubt Yze will want to clear the decks a bit to bring in the next generation.

Just on the senior list I've got Grimes and Prestia likely retiring and Ralphsmith, Miller and MRJ almost certainly delisted. Then you've got one or more of Graham, Baker and Dusty a possibility to leave as FAs, Pickett a chance to be in jail and at least one of our rookies likely to have a line put through them by the end of the season + the possibility of 1-2 mid-season picks if we get injuries.

If we have a down year as expected, then I've got no doubt Yze will want to clear the decks a bit to bring in the next generation.
Agree with the outs. But Baker isn’t a FA.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Matt Clarke heads West. Replaced by Chris Toce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back