Player Watch Matt Crouch - Wanted For Hat Crimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a big supporter of him for a long time, always been hard worker but wanted him gone last year after watching his hospital stationary backwards passes. He is a new player now. With him in the team we could have finished 6-0 but the 3 games we lost were

Keaysgate
Brisbane at Gabba, 5 more scoring shots
Melb at MCG, more scoring shots and disgraceful umpiring.

Cant wait for him to tear up in my supercoach team

Crouch paired with Dawson is mental, you won’t be beating crouch for a hardball, Dawson on the outside for a handball recieve.
It's the role I hope the coaching staff have clearly define for Matt, it's where he does his best work. I feel that's where it went wrong in his career in a sense of either the coaching staff or himself decided to try make him more outside without doing the inside stuff which isn't what we need.

Hope he picks up just where he left off in 2023 though, he's been persistent.

Would be awesome, but we all know Keays Laird Sloane will be Nicks' go-to core. Hopefully not though.
Keays didn't play much midfield this year....as was moved up forward.

Sloane did attend too many CBA'S. Looks only good for sub role when the pace has gone out of the game.

Credit where credit is due.

In spite of his rocky relationship with the club over the past few years resulting in prolonged SANFL time and potential delisting. And my own indifference toward him as a player, Matty Crouch stood as tall as any of our players in flying the flag for a felled teammate. He was in the thick of the jumper pulling and punches, the thick of the verbal jibes and passionately overflowed on behalf of the team.

Good job Matt. Impressive. I'll always remember that.

Honestly had a pretty good season imo. Shame he got injured when he did as that was when we started to move Laird out of the midfield which put him back in. Since his return, Laird has moved out once more and I feel Crouch is using the ball pretty well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good redemption arc from Matty

Wouldn’t have picked him to have even been on the list (let alone one of our more loved veterans) this time two years ago

Matt was always a good player, so no surprise he is having a good year.
He is an AA and Club B&F. You don't get that if you can't play.
He was treated like shit by the club, and he bidded his time until he got his opportunity again.

Crouch is far better in the middle than Laird or Berry, he is also driving metres gained (traditional knock on him) and quality disposal

Cracking year
Crouch is a lesson that natural midfielders generally make the better midfielders.

Dawson was good for a while, but he's a natural outside player.
Laird a back pocket.

We need players in the middle who grew up playing midfield.

Like maybe our 2021 pick 6.

He is playing better but the truth is we were thrashed in the midfield on Saturday night. It's as much what you do with the ball as it is without.

He is far from our biggest problem and is he is playing okay but he is not the answer.
I think the problem lies with those around him personally.
At 29 though he's not going to be around for when we rise unfortunately. So will also need to be replaced.

He is playing better but the truth is we were thrashed in the midfield on Saturday night. It's as much what you do with the ball as it is without.

He is far from our biggest problem and is he is playing okay but he is not the answer.
Should rotate with Curtin and phase him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Matt Crouch - Wanted For Hat Crimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back