Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting on the radio this afternoon was conversation re the hunt for the new coach for WC.

Hansen and Graham (Fremantle I think) were mentioned as being early front runners. Montgomery was mentioned as a later inclusion in that group.

They highlighted his reputation for tactical nous, particularly in game.
Would make a pleasant change to have a coach with tactical nous...

I can't recall having a dumber coaching panel.

Opposition coaches look forward to playing against us.

Yeah .. I know how you feel

However, Nicks first year with Godden, Hart and O'Reilly really is the legendary panel in our clubs history
Yeah, I took the covid year with no decent preparation as a write off.

There are no excuses now.

Perhaps we can't attract decent assistants because they don't want to work with dumbarses...

I understand it’s Facebook. But people love to play the injury excuse about our performance. The happy clappers can’t see that Nicks is the problem… it’s round 19-20? And you get bullied at home that’s a major problem but let’s point out the injuries lol.
Yes and no

Sydney missing 4-5 first choice players over the last few weeks also look incredibly pedestrian

Dawson, Rankine, Butts, Murray, Worrel are collectively pretty big outs for us

In comparison, Hawthorn just without Sicily in defense were shit earlier in the year

Yeah, I took the covid year with no decent preparation as a write off.

There are no excuses now.

Perhaps we can't attract decent assistants because they don't want to work with dumbarses...
I think if we can't attract anyone this year it's going to be a problem

Clearly we've lost some talented assistants like Rahilly and Teague in particular in recent times

It'd be nice if we could replace them at some point

I think if we can't attract anyone this year it's going to be a problem

Clearly we've lost some talented assistants like Rahilly and Teague in particular in recent times

It'd be nice if we could replace them at some point
Exactly... we just have bland same lack of crtical thinking types lacking strategic nous.

Honestly, we would do better on game day with the 5 smartest on this board coaching us. Just read game day threads & it's usually obvious why we are failing, yet our coaching group rarely act like they have nfi why they are losing.

I understand it’s Facebook. But people love to play the injury excuse about our performance. The happy clappers can’t see that Nicks is the problem… it’s round 19-20? And you get bullied at home that’s a major problem but let’s point out the injuries lol.

I think those people don't realise we've had a far better than average injury run over the last few years, but this year it's been more typical.

So compared to our great normal injury run it seems normal bad

Exactly... we just have bland same lack of crtical thinking types lacking strategic nous.

Honestly, we would do better on game day with the 5 smartest on this board coaching us. Just read game day threads & it's usually obvious why we are failing, yet our coaching group rarely act like they have nfi why they are losing.
At this stage it's clear you need a great team in the football department to take the next step

My fear is that adding a decent assistant next year, a favorable draw and a great run with injury next year will only see us make the 8, but never seriously challenge

Yet because we make the 8 it suddenly validates board decisions

I'm going to be filthy if the club doesn't reach out and engage Balme in some capacity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage it's clear you need a great team in the football department to take the next step

My fear is that adding a decent assistant next year, a favorable draw and a great run with injury next year will only see us make the 8, but never seriously challenge

I'm going to be filthy if the club doesn't reach out and engage Balme in some capacity
It will not happen so do not fear Peter, we already had that year (last year) - a false dawn of tex kicking over 70 goals which will not happen ever again, an injury free year, no forward currently in our team is capable of kicking this amount of goals yet and we didn't convincingly make FINALS, we almost fell over the line INTO FINALS because other game results went our way with some underdogs winning in that last 2 weeks of the season, but except of course the keays goal that wasnt recorded a goal happened, which was the final nail in our coffin.

I think those people don't realise we've had a far better than average injury run over the last few years, but this year it's been more typical.

So compared to our great normal injury run it seems normal bad
Yeah .. we have been blessed to some degree

Depth is so important and we simply don't have it, yet

WC's High Performance manager did a tour of the US after their last GF win and gave some great presentations

The basis of his analysis was looking a clubs 10 best players and who was actually available. In a really simplistic form, he compared their team vs Collingwood and they realised they were in the box seat having 7 of their best 10 available vs 6 (from memory)

Worth a look if you've got spare 30 minutes

It will not happen so do not fear Peter, we already had that year (last year) - a false dawn of tex kicking over 70 goals which will not happen ever again, an injury free year, no forward currently in our team is capable of kicking this amount of goals yet and we didn't convincingly make FINALS, we almost fell over the line INTO FINALS because other game results went our way with some underdogs winning in that last 2 weeks of the season, but except of course the keays goal that wasnt recorded a goal happened, which was the final nail in our coffin.
Good point

Though I would like to say, just because it almost happened last year doesn't preclude it from happening again next year

Buckle up (we're still shit) 😂

Merry Christmas GIF by Sky

Good point

Though I would like to say, just because it almost happened last year doesn't preclude it from happening again next year

Buckle up (we're still shit) 😂
Of course but I think everyone here would agree that Tex ain't kicking 70 goals again so we wont even get close to making the 8. I think i'll just unbuckle tbh if we go into next year with Nicks, my interest will be so low.

Just preparing you 😉
All good .. I've become accustomed to disappointment

In regard to Balme, I just find it absurd folk from the club aren't falling over themselves trying to get his attention.

We have not 1 f*cking person at the club who has ever had any sort of success running a football club (have i said absurd yet)

We have a former player, captain .. and that's f*cken it

Oh, and an oustanding High Performance manager

All good .. I become accustomed to disappointment

In regard to Balme, I just find it absurd folk from the club aren't falling over themselves trying to get his attention.

We have not 1 f*cking person at the club who has ever had any sort of success running a football club (have i said absurd yet)

Bewildering isn’t it

All good .. I become accustomed to disappointment

If you really think about it, its not absurd at all. If they bring in Balme, all their jobs will be on the chopping block.
They are in self preservation mode and they will all be hoping a few small assistant changes will result in finals next year. It absolutely wont and then of course they will be forced to make sackings end of next year due to external pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back