Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just dawned on me..Nix went out of his way to mention, it wasn't even Keayes five goals that mattered..
and he hadn't really even checked Racheles stats against the cats.
FMD he really does think Smurphy is one of our best players😵

Also an issue when you have lots of young players come in who don’t know the expected standards like some senior players would have

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That doesn't explain why every senior player had a bad season (I think Crouch was the only exception)

The senior players did not buy into Nicks, was quite odd for a new coach.

It's just dawned on me..Nix went out of his way to mention, it wasn't even Keayes five goals that mattered..
and he hadn't really even checked Racheles stats against the cats.
FMD he really does think Smurphy is one of our best players😵

Of course he does, Murphy came 6th in our B&F.

That doesn't explain why every senior player had a bad season (I think Crouch was the only exception)

The senior players did not buy into Nicks, was quite odd for a new coach.
I remember Seedsman in an interview saying it took a year for him to really adjust and commit to the new regime.

The guys in the golf group under Pyke all struggled.

Nicks was this week quoted as saying Curtin is a key defender when everyone else, even the assistant coaches, say he is a midfielder and he's named on the team sheet at half forward.

He also wouldn't commit to Curtin not being the sub, but my understanding is that the sub comes from those named on the interchange bench not the on-field sheet.

Is our coach all there?

Nicks was this week quoted as saying Curtin is a key defender when everyone else, even the assistant coaches, say he is a midfielder and he's named on the team sheet at half forward.

He also wouldn't commit to Curtin not being the sub, but my understanding is that the sub comes from those named on the interchange bench not the on-field sheet.

Is our coach STILL there?
FTFY

Is our coach all there?
Unfortunately not.

Is our coach all there?
see that is exactly the shite that needs to be called out by any reporter / commentator. They just constantly treat us like idiots, OR they are complete idiots. Possibly both, but definitely at least 1.

Present the conflicting information to them in quote form, and demand clarity.

see that is exactly the shite that needs to be called out by any reporter / commentator. They just constantly treat us like idiots, OR they are complete idiots. Possibly both, but definitely at least 1.

Present the conflicting information to them in quote form, and demand clarity.
How much more evidence does the club need to demonstrate Nicks is completely out of his depth as he as nfi.

Is our coach all there?

Not even a quarter of the way there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is our coach all there?
Hang on, he also said he has other bows in his arsenal playing on ball.

On Curtin, he's obviously got some versatility and that would have been one of the attractions. It's why a player like Dawson is so valuable. Can put him where you need him.

It's fine for it to take a while for us to find his best role.

However... for any young, tall kid, what do you think you'd start with at AFL level? What is an easy, achievable role that he could find his feet with first before moving into the more difficult stuff and finding a home?

Key defender? Bzzzt
Inside bull? Bzzzt
Half back sweeper? Ding ding ding

Why would we try the two most difficult, unachievable roles as our first port of call?

I mean I know the answer. It's the same reason we do everything we do

On Curtin, he's obviously got some versatility and that would have been one of the attractions. It's why a player like Dawson is so valuable. Can put him where you need him.

It's fine for it to take a while for us to find his best role.

However... for any young, tall kid, what do you think you'd start with at AFL level? What is an easy, achievable role that he could find his feet with first before moving into the more difficult stuff and finding a home?

Key defender? Bzzzt
Inside bull? Bzzzt
Half back sweeper? Ding ding ding

Why would we try the two most difficult, unachievable roles as our first port of call?

I mean I know the answer. It's the same reason we do everything we do
Love that we’ve let him tear up the midfield at a SANFL level but hope we still let him play a fair bit of wing/half back as that’s realistically where he’s playing at AFL level for now.

Is our coach all there?
He is an ‘I’ when it suits him but he is a ‘we’ when the coaching going gets out of his zone. It’s coaching by committee and we all know about the horse that was designed by a committee…….it came out a camel.

Can’t recall having such a lack of confidence in a coaches judgment of everything to do with football . I just don’t think he is a good reader of the game at all . His pressers are embarrassing
I used to think he just wasn't able to communicate his thoughts and ideas clearly

But now I think that he can, which is far worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back