Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's my thinking .....Curtin was primarily a FWD as a junior though ....and we have good depth of KPD's , if Keane can progress ....that's the big IF

If Thilthorpe is the FWD / RUCK ....Curtin can cover, along with Fog
I still stand by these comments on Curtin .....I think today showed a glimpse of Curtin's possibilities as a MID / FWD

He's a natural attacking player, and exhibited excellent fwd skills .....I'm still puzzled as to the Lukosius frothing, and also see Toby Murray as an excellent FWD / RUCK prospect .....love his aggressiveness & growth to date

Nicks has an air of Joe Biden about him now. Nothing he says or does is making things better, his position is untenable and there is a sense of inevitability that he will go.
This is the epitome of being delusional

BigFooty board said the crowd dwindling would send the club a powerful message ......FAIL !

Bigfooty board said Nicks refuses to play the kids ...... 4 rookies in one side not enough ....FAIL !

The positive, is eventually you'll be right & can claim victory ....as all coaches get sacked ...but that possibility won't be considered until the end of 2025

BigFooty board said the crowd dwindling would send the club a powerful message ......FAIL !

Bigfooty board said Nicks refuses to play the kids ...... 4 rookies in one side not enough ....FAIL !

The positive, is eventually you'll be right & can claim victory ....as all coaches get sacked ...but that possibility won't be considered until the end of 2025
"but that possibility won't be considered until the end of 2025"

and who's fault is that. People mediocre at their job making mediocre decisions.

Someone should tell Nicks to do the opposite.

"If you think Curtin is a defender, play him as a forward".

"If you think Murph is an AFL footballer, play him in the SANFL"

"If you're tempted to give McHenry a contract extension, delist him"

v2FL4Ew.gif

Someone should tell Nicks to do the opposite.

"If you think Curtin is a defender, play him as a forward".

"If you think Murph is an AFL footballer, play him in the SANFL"

"If you're tempted to give McHenry a contract extension, delist him"

v2FL4Ew.gif
I like it

Four tall forwards could really stretch their defence, let's go small.

We should hold our sub up the sleeve until the last 3 minutes. Sub early.

I think a defensive-minded game plan overhaul is our ticket up the ladder, attack-at-all-costs

Slow down, control the tempo... speed kills

Our list looks very young if we move on Brodie... it's time

I know not to post on facebook now. My dad saw a post i made on it and said to me at the footy yesterday. Stop trying to get Nicks sacked. We were a basket case when he took over. The morale of the group was terrible and hes brought it back. I was like yay go Nicks.
Stuff like this is just sad. A portion of our supporters have set the bar so low that there is no fail state.

This is classic you Waynus. BF has been right all year, it's Nicks who has aken the season to catch up. And let's face it, he still chose to keep Murphy and drop Dowling. He still selected every senior player available except Smith.

I still stand by these comments on Curtin .....I think today showed a glimpse of Curtin's possibilities as a MID / FWD

He's a natural attacking player, and exhibited excellent fwd skills .....I'm still puzzled as to the Lukosius frothing, and also see Toby Murray as an excellent FWD / RUCK prospect .....love his aggressiveness & growth to date
So you can notch Nicks treatment of him so far until Tex’s injury another **** up then

This is classic you Waynus. BF has been right all year, it's Nicks who has aken the season to catch up. And let's face it, he still chose to keep Murphy and drop Dowling. He still selected every senior player available except Smith.
Yep, he’s now giving credit for Nicks basically being so slow to come to good decisions.

Just look at Curtin, “see I said he was a forward”. Meanwhile Nicks last week called him a KPD and he only got thrown up there because of a Tex poke in the eye.

The list of Nicks ****ups this year is long but yeah BF were wrong.

I’m shocked to see Wayne back after a win though.

I know not to post on facebook now. My dad saw a post i made on it and said to me at the footy yesterday. Stop trying to get Nicks sacked. We were a basket case when he took over. The morale of the group was terrible and hes brought it back. I was like yay go Nicks.

Should have asked what his thoughts were on Robert Shaw. If Shaw had to go, so does Nicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

& Ninnis was sacked after a 8-7 win-loss season.
Went like 7-2 at one point too or something and the new GM came straight in and said it's a dead cat bounce and not sustainable and turfed him.

Remains to be seen, could be smart and completely ruthless or could be another entry into the long list of coaching blunders.

And also... What momentum?

TT kicked his goal 2 minutes into the last quarter. At no point after that did it look like we had any momentum. We shut up shop. Geelong were banging down the doors and we were barely resisting. Momentum on our side was non existent.

And does anyone remember who eventually kicked the goal to put Geelong in front?

Lawson Humphries. Drafted at pick 63 in last year's draft. Playing in his 6th AFL game. Could be something in that.
Lawson Humphries sounds like a made up name

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back