Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So why have you banged on about sacking Nicks this year .....you and others BTW .....you and others obviously believed it, or you were simply trolling

Because I believe he should be sacked but guess what? I don’t get to make that decision because our stupid and moronic board decided after a first round loss to give him not one but a two year extension.

And his record is 35.71% - **** me, if that isn’t the definition of mediocre I don’t know what is.

Because I believe he should be sacked but guess what? I don’t get to make that decision because our stupid and moronic board decided after a first round loss to give him not one but a two year extension.

And his record is 35.71% - **** me, if that isn’t the definition of mediocre I don’t know what is.
And pray tell, what is Clarkson's record in two years at NORTH ?

See, it's an irrelevant exercise looking at win / loss in a rebuild ....but since you're using it as the Bible, tell me his stats, and who will be the next NORTH Coach

Do you know how many first round picks Clarko has at his disposal .....inc compo picks ???

There's no connection between players, because they're all new to each other .....not helped when injuries occur.

The next stage in the development phase, has been getting players to play a lot of games alongside of each other ......you may underrate that connection need, but you wouldn't find an AFL Coach supporting your POV

No, our biggest problem this year, apart from key injuries to structural players .....is the dramatic fall away of Sloane, Smith, and Laird

And pray tell, what is Clarkson's record in two years at NORTH ?

See, it's an irrelevant exercise looking at win / loss in a rebuild ....but since you're using it as the Bible, tell me his stats, and who will be the next NORTH Coach

Do you know how many first round picks Clarko has at his disposal .....inc compo picks ???

There's no connection between players, because they're all new to each other .....not helped when injuries occur.

The next stage in the development phase, has been getting players to play a lot of games alongside of each other ......you may underrate that connection need, but you wouldn't find an AFL Coach supporting your POV

No, our biggest problem this year, apart from key injuries to structural players .....is the dramatic fall away of Sloane, Smith, and Laird

I’m sorry but Clarkson has got credits - won 4 flags. So he will be given time, Nicks had no credits in the bank.

And I don’t give a shit about North. I care about this club and it is going nowhere with Nicks in charge. End of story.

My god, you deflect.

And what does each one of those have in common? All over the age of 30.

If you are relying on 30+ year olds then we are in more shit than we realise.

And let us not forget the first four games of the year where we had minimal injuries and were the 17th scoring side (as opposed to the no 1 scoring side last year).

This is all on Nicks.

35.71 after 5 years.

I’m sorry but Clarkson has got credits - won 4 flags. So he will be given time, Nicks had no credits in the bank.

And I don’t give a shit about North. I care about this club and it is going nowhere with Nicks in charge. End of story.
No, I use similar examples to the point you're trying to make, because it's relevant.....there are a host of premiership coaches who never do anything at a 2nd or 3rd Club

Sheedy Fail ....Barrassi Fail ....Dennis Pagan Fail .....Simpson just got sacked

So past performance has no relevancy to current performance ......Nicks is on the same level as Clarko, and Hardwick, who having been gifted an absolute dream fixture, has still done nothing.

You keep trotting win / loss % out in a rebuild .....by god that's such a one dimensional POV

Why would I renew my membership when we have no hope under Nicks

It's my only way of messaging the club I have lost faith in them.

I won't be alone Wayne, so feel to pass this on the club as their delusional mouthpiece.

There will be a drop in memberships.
You always laugh at these people that think their action will impact the club .....only person it impacts is you

One member down ....your spot will be filled

You also said crowds would dwindle ant that would send a message .....wrong again

You always laugh at these people that think their action will impact the club .....only person it impacts is you

One member down ....your spot will be filled

You also said crowds would dwindle ant that would send a message .....wrong again
There have been lower crowds Wayne... but we know you ignore facts.

Come clean, how much are the club paying you to come up with mindless BS post after post.

Even more reason for me stop paying the club.

Meanwhile you have not provided one good reason to support why Nicks should be retained... because there isn't one!

The Iraqi information minister had more credibility than you...

It's OK mate ....supporters of 4 other Clubs are saying the exact same thing
So you agree he is one of the 4 worst coaches.

Shouldn't we aspire to have a top 4 coach?

Clearly you are happy with a bottom 4 coach & for us to remain a team near the bottom.

That is the definition of mediocrity... yet laughably you claim you do not support mediocrity. This was the funniest thing I have read today.

Your lack of awareness knows no bounds...

No, I use similar examples to the point you're trying to make, because it's relevant.....there are a host of premiership coaches who never do anything at a 2nd or 3rd Club

Sheedy Fail ....Barrassi Fail ....Dennis Pagan Fail .....Simpson just got sacked

So past performance has no relevancy to current performance ......Nicks is on the same level as Clarko, and Hardwick, who having been gifted an absolute dream fixture, has still done nothing.

You keep trotting win / loss % out in a rebuild .....by god that's such a one dimensional POV
How do we make finals if we lose more games than win?

It's a pretty ****ing important statistic!

But your vibe is everything is awesome...

So you agree he is one of the 4 worst coaches.

Shouldn't we aspire to have a top 4 coach?

Clearly you are happy with a bottom 4 coach & for us to remain a team near the bottom.

That is the definition of mediocrity... yet laughably you claim you do not support mediocrity. This was the funniest thing I have read today.

Your lack of awareness knows no bounds...
I am simply saying supporters turn on Coach, recruiters, and everyone during a losing spell ......just pure emotions, very little thought ......then it turns, and the Coach is the greatest, as soon as the winning starts

You'll all turn again .....and there'll be an array of caveats to support your change of position on Nicks

I am simply saying supporters turn on Coach, recruiters, and everyone during a losing spell ......just pure emotions, very little thought ......then it turns, and the Coach is the greatest, as soon as the winning starts

You'll all turn again .....and there'll be an array of caveats to support your change of position on Nicks
7 years without finals isn't just a losing spell.

The point is it won't turn again until we get quality football people back at AFC, including a coach who has a strategic clue.

The coaching fairy isn't going to give Nicks the winning moves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say supporters of all other clubs would be saying nicks is not better than any coach.
No

Media drives opinion .....Nicks is not on the media agenda ....but a host of Coaches are

Given the media's hatred of the Crows, that's significant .....the media would dearly like the smell of blood at the Crows

I wouldn’t bet on it with Nicks in charge.

No

Media drives opinion .....Nicks is not on the media agenda ....but a host of Coaches are

Given the media's hatred of the Crows, that's significant .....the media would dearly like the smell of blood at the Crows
Our performances drive opinions, everyone had us in the 8 this year and we are miles off that.

7 years without finals isn't just a losing spell.

The point is it won't turn again until we get quality football people back at AFC, including a coach who has a strategic clue.

The coaching fairy isn't going to give Nicks the winning moves.
Don't be ignorant Kane .....you're smarter than this garbage

Expecting wins at the start of a rebuild, during CoVid ......no runners allowed on the ground for a young group

Just pure rubbish to be trotting this out ......most had the Club in Finals this year, so the Coach wasn't that bad obviously

You couldn't tell me any of the top coaches in-game strategic moves .....nor Nicks moves
The days of the earth shattering Jarman move are long gone .....there are subtle changes, for example how Dawson is being used :whitecheck:.....or how Stewart is being played to overcome tagging

Whilst I think Rankines move into the midfield was too long in coming ......and remember many of the genius's on this board, didn't want Rankine playing midfield .....the use of him as been great

The use of Hinge :whitecheck: .....the experimentation of Michalanney in the midfield :whitecheck:

I built organisations for a living .....I love how various entities go about it .....if you're not excited about the future of this group, that's been pulled together by Club personnel you hate .....then it's good you're not going to the footy any more

Our performances drive opinions, everyone had us in the 8 this year and we are miles off that.
NEVER !!! .......people are "mostly" Lemmings, the media are the directors of opinions ....this is a scientific fact

It might start from negative POV's from supporters .....but it's the media that turn the POV's into a snowball ....thereby pressuring action by Club administrators

If the media don't run with an issue .....it dies

It's why the Crows Camp forced a rebuild .....the media scragged the camp like a rag doll, until it couldn't be ignored

Don't be ignorant Kane .....you're smarter than this garbage

Expecting wins at the start of a rebuild, during CoVid ......no runners allowed on the ground for a young group

Just pure rubbish to be trotting this out ......most had the Club in Finals this year, so the Coach wasn't that bad obviously

You couldn't tell me any of the top coaches in-game strategic moves .....nor Nicks moves
The days of the earth shattering Jarman move are long gone .....there are subtle changes, for example how Dawson is being used :whitecheck:.....or how Stewart is being played to overcome tagging

Whilst I think Rankines move into the midfield was too long in coming ......and remember many of the genius's on this board, didn't want Rankine playing midfield .....the use of him as been great

The use of Hinge :whitecheck: .....the experimentation of Michalanney in the midfield :whitecheck:

I built organisations for a living .....I love how various entities go about it .....if you're not excited about the future of this group, that's been pulled together by Club personnel you hate .....then it's good you're not going to the footy any more
I have rebuilt organisations too... & I don't take 7 years FFS!

I also have a very good read on who is capable & who is incompetent... & clearly by this discussion you don't have this skill!

Last edited:
NEVER !!! .......people are "mostly" Lemmings, the media are the directors of opinions ....this is a scientific fact

It might start from negative POV's from supporters .....but it's the media that turn the POV's into a snowball ....thereby pressuring action by Club administrators

If the media don't run with an issue .....it dies

It's why the Crows Camp forced a rebuild .....the media scragged the camp like a rag doll, until it couldn't be ignored
You’re all over the shop, you’re saying we are lemmings and follow the media yet the media don’t have him in the gun, however the general consensus on here (probably more of the hardcore fans) is that he sucks.

I thought you’ve been saying we are all sheep?
Lemmings, sheep, cows at milking time ....all the same

Psychographic profiling has been used since the 70's .....people are always being silently manoeuvred, and they don't even realise it
Every person behaves the same to a set of stimuli

Most people do not want to be on an island with a POV that is contrary to the group

No

If the media hates us as much as you think they do then why would would they have to gain by putting the spotlight on a mediocre coach?

Surely doing what they could to keep the coach at the club would better suit their agenda.

It's the same logic that Crows supporters have about wanting Ken to remain at Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back