Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This would have been a move by the Leadership group, not the Coach in isolation

Set standards …. Rachele fits into the team, not Rachele doing his own ****

I endorse the move …. Dawson isn’t a clown & his background of SYD would not tolerate a player going outside team first

Nothing team first about scapegoating and hanging out a young player to dry.
Quite the opposite and not the first time it has happened. It's a gutless move by Nicks if it happens again.

I endorse the move …. Dawson isn’t a clown & his background of SYD would not tolerate a player going outside team first
Surprise surprise
Nicks needs to grow a pair and tell the leadership group that way of teaching him sucks.

A team that sets standards would not have played Murphy and Laird in every game they were available. All we're doing here is removing the last little bit of fun left in Rachele's game.

Are we talking the Leadership Group that includes Lachlan Murphy?

Of course you would endorse the move. **** me!

Nicks is a coward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not always true. Port & Koch threw everything at an Abernethy win, but members wanted Tredrea.

Ultimately though, Tredrea, like the two elected Crows board members, has little power, as he’s hopelessly outnumbered. Any motion he puts up on behalf of members is easily voted down.

The two elected positions are, very obviously, token spots to give members a false sense of representation.

I agree with you that it won’t be a silver bullet but that isn’t a reason not to do it.

It’s almost certain that a board entirely accountable to members doesn’t get away with what they’ve done this year.
Kochie is a smart operator.

As you said, one voice among many.

Kochie gave the members what they want. And now has the media's biggest agitator on a leash.

Tredrea was denied running before. But there is now value having him as a Board member.

I just can't see a members elected Board being truly representative of us supporters.

It doesn't even happen in general politics. Candidates are heavily vetted by the two parties and minor/independent candidates hold few seats.

The current "party" will prevail under the guise of giving us members a say.

Which, without getting too political, is democracy in a nutshell.

They won’t sack Nicks until mid next year when we are sitting in the bottom 6.
Someone on here posted ages ago that Nick's contract had clauses where they could terminate of he didn't make finals? anyone able to clarify if that was accurate? and if it is, they f**king well better be looking at the bottom 4 finish in year 5 of the rebuild.

Someone on here posted ages ago that Nick's contract had clauses where they could terminate of he didn't make finals? anyone able to clarify if that was accurate? and if it is, they f**king well better be looking at the bottom 4 finish in year 5 of the rebuild.
Made up BS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back