Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

FMD. Perfect time to back a youngster in after being villified by the media - including a leader of the club. Sure, have a quiet word to him behind closed doors and tell him to simmer it down, but back the kid in.

Pick the player getting dropped....

1724236730414.png

Edit: posted in wrong thread - but farck Nicks - it's on him anyway!

Lucky he didn't have a beer at a footy game or run around a pool table in boxers.
And both of those incidents were heavily penalised as well .....set the standards early for a youngster, then you avoid the Wayne Carey type behaviour later on

This would have been a move by the Leadership group, not the Coach in isolation

Set standards …. Rachele fits into the team, not Rachele doing his own ****

I endorse the move …. Dawson isn’t a clown & his background of SYD would not tolerate a player going outside team first
Does anyone else know how I can delete someone else's BF account?

Surprise surprise
Nicks needs to grow a pair and tell the leadership group that way of teaching him sucks.
Don't use this as a Nicks bashing exercise .....this is a Leadership group decision ....throw your barbs at Dawson & co

They won’t sack Nicks until mid next year when we are sitting in the bottom 6.

Sacking Nicks this year would have been the smart decision. Instead we got scared and rushed to sign an under performing coach all because of optics.

Now we sit firmly entrenched in the bottom 4, blaming a handful of injuries to best 22 players. Fact is we have had our best 22 available for the last 5 weeks.

Since the round 15 bye
won 4 lost 4.

Thats a damning result. We have literally no injuries, lost 1 player to suspension. We have virtually our best team available and still cant make a run at it.

I just feel that we as a club are now doing nothing more than treading water and praying for Nicks to actually achieve something. A good club makes sound decisions based on evidence as to whether they have the right personnel in the right jobs. What exactly is Nicks evidence after 5 years? A run last year at the finals that abandoned development?

So what if Nicks takes us to 9th next year on the back of an injury free squad, are we going to go running with an extension?

We should have sacked Nicks this year. bottom 4 is inexcusable and frankly, Nicks does not have the excuses to gift bottom 4 a pass.

A team that sets standards would not have played Murphy and Laird in every game they were available. All we're doing here is removing the last little bit of fun left in Rachele's game.
Your strawman argument reminds me so much of my dear Wife

Sacking Nicks this year would have been the smart decision. Instead we got scared and rushed to sign an under performing coach all because of optics.

Now we sit firmly entrenched in the bottom 4, blaming a handful of injuries to best 22 players. Fact is we have had our best 22 available for the last 5 weeks.

Since the round 15 bye
won 4 lost 4.

Thats a damning result. We have literally no injuries, lost 1 player to suspension. We have virtually our best team available and still cant make a run at it.

I just feel that we as a club are now doing nothing more than treading water and praying for Nicks to actually achieve something. A good club makes sound decisions based on evidence as to whether they have the right personnel in the right jobs. What exactly is Nicks evidence after 5 years? A run last year at the finals that abandoned development?

So what if Nicks takes us to 9th next year on the back of an injury free squad, are we going to go running with an extension?

We should have sacked Nicks this year. bottom 4 is inexcusable and frankly, Nicks does not have the excuses to gift bottom 4 a pass.
Story Teller.gif

You consistently just make stuff up to make a point .....fairy tales in your own reality of what you think reality is

Always gives me a laugh

Nicks is the boss, the buck stops with him.
He's not going against a reasonable argument put forward by the leadership group ....otherwise why have a leadership group

It goes against the team first philosophy ....and players taking responsibility for standards & culture .....the cornerstone of any leadership program

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If having a beer at the footy leads to our players playing like Wayne Carey then ok. Bottoms up then, I guess.

Also I’m more than ok to disparage the “leadership” group, who have done nothing to support a team mate but rather throw him under the bus pubically. The same leadership group of high team first standards such as Smith, Murphy and Reilly “‘Nic Nat is unfit and lazy” o’brien.

Also sack nicks.

Don't use this as a Nicks bashing exercise .....this is a Leadership group decision ....throw your barbs at Dawson & co

You should know given your history in the Corporate World (or supposedly), yes there are leadership decisions but at the end of the day if things go pear shaped the top of the tree takes responsibility and accountability.

A true leader actually leads from the front and accepts the responsibility and accountability and doesn’t hide behind a group.

But we know from Nick’s actions this year, he is a wimp.

Last edited:
He's not going against a reasonable argument put forward by the leadership group ....otherwise why have a leadership group

It goes against the team first philosophy ....and players taking responsibility for standards & culture .....the cornerstone of any leadership program
Who said the leadership group had put anything forward?
You’re stating it like it’s fact.

View attachment 2086808

You consistently just make stuff up to make a point .....fairy tales in your own reality of what you think reality is

Always gives me a laugh

Its unlike a Happy Clapper to come around after a loss. You lost?

Ahh the old Nicks does no wrong, but I cant tell you why your wrong response. I see you reply a lot but you actually never say anything. It is kind of funny how you accuse our stats of being wrong yet you provide none of your own, why is that?

If the leadership group is throwing Rachele under the bus, it further shows how lacking in leadership they are....

You can accept such a decision if the leaders stood up against Port, not just in action but in actual leadership in keeping the guys focused.

But this group, rigghhhhht.

Doubt Luke Hodge or Joel Selwood would do this.

How the flying **** is Reid supposed to attract the likes of Luko, Cumming etc. to the club while we have this clown in charge.

Imagine being a prospective recruit and seeing the way Nicks, the Coaching Panel and senior players refuse to back their teammates in. Kills me to say it but Port do it so much better.

That's pretty damning when certain members of said leadership group shouldn't even be on the pitch for starters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back