Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
The Barlow situation has brought about a dilemma in who to replace him with. I already have 4 Geelong players- (enright, gaj, chappy, pods) and 3 St.Kilda (gilbert, dal, goddard) and may bring in Riewoldt. My question is: I would like to trade in Montagna or Selwood but that would leave me with 5 players from 1 team. Already have Judd, Swan and Cooney and don't want anyone else from those teams. Given that there is only a certain amount of points available for each match, how many from 1 team is too much? Geelong may be the safer option as they rack up a lot of possessions. Thoughts?

Well, if they all average 100, I personally don't see the problem. As long as they're consistant, as you don't want a week where they all put out crap because the opposition does a good job on them.

However, I'm sure that's a really basic view.

Well, if they all average 100, I personally don't see the problem. As long as they're consistant, as you don't want a week where they all put out crap because the opposition does a good job on them.

However, I'm sure that's a really basic view.

I guess now that's it getting towards the end of the season looking at a team's draw may be the way to go.

next year people are really going to have to include strong benches and organise their teams early in the year because of the byes. 2 or more players from the same team on the same line is going to be a real struggle next year.
It may come down to the eventual winner not having the best team but having the best management skills

'shouldnt have more than x players from one team' theory is a load of shit...

hit the trade button
arrange available players by average points per round
pick the top player who you dont have/can afford...

even if he is from geelong/saints/hawks/pies, he is still averaging more than the guy who isnt from those teams...

I've made the mistake of having too many Dogs players in my side:

Gilbee
Higgins
Gia
Hall

It bites! Particularly having 3 in the forward line :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 5 Geelong players now. LOL! :p

Enright
Ablett
Selwood
Chapman
Pods

And 3 from the Saints -

Goddard
Montagna
Dal Santo

And will most likely be picking up Riewoldt again so that will be 4. :D:thumbsu:

Cats and Saints overload..... :eek:

I'm in the same boat with the Geelong players as you know but do not have Chappy, the best forward ATM. This is annoying because surely 6 Cats players are too many?

It doesn't matter how many players you have from one team as long as they average well. The only thing you need to be careful about is if you have 5 players from say the doggies and the doggies get done there is every chance that the bulk of your players wont score as high.
By having 5 plus players from one team in your side your banking on that team doing well all year. With this in mind the opnly teams you could take 5 players from are Geelong (Selwood, GAJ, Enright, Chappy, Bartel or PODS) or St Kilda (Goddard, Gilbert, Montagna, Dal Santo, Riewoldt) as they are going to win most games.

Enright
Ablett
Selwood
Chapman
Pods

And 3 from the Saints -

Goddard
Montagna
Dal Santo

And will most likely be picking up Riewoldt again so that will be 4. :D:thumbsu:

i have all those players you listed and am looking to pick up roo soon aswell.... are you me?:confused:

Enright
Ablett
Selwood
Chapman
Pods

And 3 from the Saints -

Goddard
Montagna
Dal Santo

I beat you!:D:D

Enright Chappy Pods Hunt Ablett Selwood Chappy

NDS Montagna Goddard

And Gilbert may become my last defender :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back