• Mayweather

Votes: 118 63.4%
  • Mcgregor

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Rigged draw for inevitable rematch.

Votes: 38 20.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Conor and his camp believe he will win, which is nothing new. The always think Conor will win, and lets face it, he does tend to get the job done (apart from Nate 1 (Nate can take a beating tho)).

I'm interested af in this fight.

Four things on Conor's side: Size, Age, Southpaw, Punching Power.
I'm honestly super keen as well. Just for the entertainment value of the build up and the freakshow nature of the fight. Same as I was really interested in Toney vs Randy, even though I knew what would happen.

Things on Floyd's side: experience (a shit ton of it), speed, technique, footwork, head movement, fight I.Q and cardio.

I said earlier in the thread I'd want at least 10 to 1 odds to bet. But that means in a hundred fights McGregor could win 10. It's probably closer to 1 in a 100.

What annoys me personally when I think about the fight is some how I can see that 1% chance happening lol

I will definitely be rooting for Conor.

Being underrated? He's being given a chance by some against on of the best defensive boxers ever despite having no pro experience. How is he being underrated?
Maybe im missing it. Everything I've watched and read suggests the fight is a joke and connors chances of winning is 1 in a million.
I honestly think he will win.

Even if they thought he had no chance in hell and were taking the fight simply for the pay-day they wouldn't announce it to the public?
They actually believe it. You can tell from their interviews.

I think Conor will be prepared fantastically well for this fight.

36 minutes to try and clip that chin.

I love the optimism and intrigue as to what McGregor will try to do to win.....but he ain't beating Mayweather.
spinning back fist?

But seriously. There is no chance he is beating Mayweather. This whole southpaws give him trouble thing is a bit over done IMO. He can be susceptible to southpaws (boxers who have impressive records and have boxed all their lives like corley and judah) but also lands at about 40% of power punches against them. I say it takes about 6 rounds for Mayweather to TKO Conor through accumulation of punches. Mayweather's speed advantage will be very evident. That sparring video against Van Heerden is pretty damning against Conor's lack of speed and predictability.

As for the press conferences Conor has the advantage there. Definitely will be worth watching.

Last edited:
Rewatched a few of Mayweather's bouts. I was less dismissive of McGregor's chances a week or so ago than I should have been. He's got no chance. I hadn't seen Mayweather box for a while and you forget just how good he is. Obviously I could recall that he was brilliant defensively and extremely accurate when he threw. Watching him in action is even more amazing than I could recall.

After a couple of rounds against Guerrero, Mayweather started landing the right hand at will. The same will happen to McGregor, only worse. Mayweather/McGregor will look like some combination of Mayweather/Guerrero mixed in with some Mayweather/Gatti and maybe McGregor runs himself into a big shot like what happened in Mayweather/Hatton. Hopefully McGregor doesn't get hurt too badly. Hopefully the ref or McGregor's corner stop it before it gets really ugly.

Enough with reality though. McGregor has no chance but I have to root for him against Mayweather. Him winning would be bad in that the people who treat McGregor like a deity would become even more unbearable. There are plenty of McGregor fans that are fine but it's the fanatics who are so annoying. Even given that I have to root for McGregor because Mayweather is an absolutely terrible person.

That reminds me. One of the commentators in Mayweather/Cotto said early in the bout that Mayweather isn't nearly as much of a bad boy as people think. I thought that was weird seeing as calling him a bad boy is far too playful a way to describe him. Awful person, piece of shit, scumbag sound more accurate to me. Take your pick depending on how 'mean' you want to be. I wasn't sure of the timeline though, so I thought maybe this fight was before it was clear who Mayweather is. Turns out that it was very clear who Mayweather was by the time of this fight. The same commentator later mentions that Mayweather is going to prison not long after this fight. The state of Nevada delayed his prison sentence so they could make money off of this fight. He went to prison for beating up his children's mother in front of them and for threatening his children. But yeah, not as much of a bad boy as people think, you ****ing idiot.

Floyd is really full of himself and his trash talk is not funny in the slightest, all ego, and these videos of him training are just as pathetic. While Connor loves money he also makes a difference in people's lives and is the baddest man on the planet, an individual like no other. Floyd is a just a money lover who talks in a humble tone but spits total garbage. Floyd is trying to play Connors game with pre fight intimidation, he doesn't know what he's getting into. Fook Floyd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the good things with youtube these days are the 'live' videos. Couple of people on there have got a live feed of Mayweather's past fights on a continuous loop.

I've watched a bit over the past few days and it becomes an instant reminder of that guy's cat like reflexes. The other thing too and it probably hasn't been mentioned a lot so far in the build up......Mayweather has power behind those punches. You might think that's odd given the way he fights and lack of KO's/finishes......but generally speaking, boxers do hit harder than mma fighters. I've heard many say Mayweather won't knock McGregor, but it's a definite possibility.

2-3 months I'd say McGregor has a small chance, but really it's near on impossible for him to win.

Still excited as **** and can't wait.

Conor and his supporters are going to decimate Floyd in the lead up to this fight, and on fight night aswell. Will be interesting to see how Floyd handles it.

This is going to be unbelievably entertaining.
Lol.

Yeah gonna be super interesting to see how Floyd deals with people hating him. He's never had that before.

I get that you want to believe McGregor is a chance.

He isn't.

It is that simple. He is not now and will never be in Floyd's class.

Lol.

Yeah gonna be super interesting to see how Floyd deals with people hating him. He's never had that before.

I get that you want to believe McGregor is a chance.

He isn't.

It is that simple. He is not now and will never be in Floyd's class.
Conor isn't just any old person.

And yeah, Conor probably does get schooled, but I like the confidence coming from the Irish team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26 MGM Grand

Back