McKinley seeking a trade to Victorian club.

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprises there.

It's a shame, I think at the right club he'll really flourish. After all, he's been constantly played in a forward line with shit delivery, shit structure and full of talls with no defensive pressure. Would do well at Carlton IMO.

Way to pick up a guy with a later pick, turn him into something good and then stifle his career so that he's only worth a later pick when he asks to go home. :thumbsu:

Can't wait to see him have a 50 goal season somewhere else.

No surprises there.

It's a shame, I think at the right club he'll really flourish. After all, he's been constantly played in a forward line with shit delivery, shit structure and full of talls with no defensive pressure. Would do well at Carlton IMO.

Rich man's Aaron Edwards for mine.

He might very well kick a heap of goals at another club but people will soon realise that just like Edwards, Paul Medhurst, Mark Williams and Mitch Morton - he's simply not big or versatile enough to be a genuine focal point and he doesn't have enough strings to his bow to be anything but.

What would you want for him?

Sharrod Wellingham and a swap of second rounders.. Medhurst is not an option and neither is fraser. Basically anyone on your list over the age of 24 is out and you wont be trading away any of your best players.

After looking through your list there really is almost nothing your club would be willing to give up in exchange that we would want at all. Really only see dick and wellingham that we would want and not sure you would willingly give up either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich man's Aaron Edwards for mine.

He might very well kick a heap of goals at another club but people will soon realise that just like Edwards, Paul Medhurst, Mark Williams and Mitch Morton - he's simply not big or versatile enough to be a genuine focal point and he doesn't have enough strings to his bow to be anything but.

What would be wrong as having him as a 3rd tall forward? Aaron Hamill / Russell Robertson style?

He was treated like shit here. He should look for a trade. No ****ing idea how spud-man Lynch got picked every week before him.

Will be a jet for someone else no doubt. I would hazard a guess anywhere between 20-30 would be what we are netting for.

What would be wrong as having him as a 3rd tall forward? Aaron Hamill / Russell Robertson style?

Probably because he has never shown any capacity to play as a medium "tall" forward, unlike the 2 blokes you named.

He is shorter than many midfielders but has poor pace, average recovery at ground level and his best skills are "mark and kick" full forward type. And the kicking has been shizen this year.

He is an undersized tall forward who no doubt has natural goal sense but not the skill set to play as a medium forward.

We completely overrate average players on this board at times.

What would you want for him?
What we would like as well as what he will probably be worth to the right club, compared to what we will be offered are all different things.

A pick in the late 30's early 40's would be reasonable and I would be pretty happy with that.

As an opposition poster you may not like this but it is probably a conservative estimate of what we will get.

Heaps of options as a few clubs would be very interested, Carlton, Essendon would be the front runners, while Collingwood, Hawks, Nth Melb may be interested in bolstering there forward line.

Pick 28 + McKinley = Carlton #17/Norths #16/Hawks #18/Magpies #22/23
Spangher + McKinley = Essendons #30 + Jetta

Could end up with picks 4/16-23/26

Probably because he has never shown any capacity to play as a medium "tall" forward, unlike the 2 blokes you named.

He is shorter than many midfielders but has poor pace, average recovery at ground level and his best skills are "mark and kick" full forward type. And the kicking has been shizen this year.

He is an undersized tall forward who no doubt has natural goal sense but not the skill set to play as a medium forward.

We completely overrate average players on this board at times.
Yet your assessment is probably also a bit OTT.

He kicked 42 goals in his first proper season, with a terrible midfield and little opportunity.

Has developed his work rate and defensive side, but has been the victim of poor coaching and lack of consistent opportunity as much as his own deficiencies.

In the right side could easily develop into a 45-50+ goal forward.

A solid contributor without being a star. Has a good mark and great opportunistic goal sense.

I think the point is, that would be good for him, but not the team.
I disagree.

In a team like Collingwoods, I could see him kicking 40+ yet doing enough in other areas (yet I don't think they lack marking targets). He would be a better fit for Carlton, who have a surplus of smaller players able to crumb and chase.

Give him a defined role which plays to his strengths and decent delivery and he will be a solid player.

Remove this Banner Ad

McKinley seeking a trade to Victorian club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back