McKinley seeking a trade to Victorian club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you are crazy, we should have traded him 2 years ago when he might have had a little value. He's a clearly flawed player who has had numerous chances to cement his spot in the team.

One less passenger as far as I'm concerned, he can go hitch a ride elsewhere.

Yep... another masterstroke by worsfold.. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

playing lynch ahead of him has been wonderful for the team....:(

You can bookmark this.. he will kick bags against us..

if lynch is kept now because of this, it can safely be said worsfold will def be sacked next year. bookmark that.

I'm sure he'll kick goals somewhere for a team happy to never win a final.

Yeah this is sort of how I feel as well. Can see him doing well in a bottom 8 side without a key forward target where he can be the main man (similar to us in 2008 or Morton in Richmond 2009). However won't be good enough to take a side to finals and so as soon as a genuine key forward comes along (Kennedy/Riewoldt in the examples above) he will fade away again.

Has potential to be a handy 3rd forward at a good club but at the moment if he is not kicking goals he is not contributing and will need to improve rapidly on that to crack into a finals bound side.

Mckinley has been hopeless for a long time now. He was given plenty of opportunities - he wasn't up to it.

If you can't kick straight unfortunately you can't be a forward...

then what the **** was lynch doing in our team this season. pinchhitting the ruck? cox and nat had that job.

Because he can't play in that structure. He's poor defensively, poor below his knees, is not a high possession winner and gets in the way of key forwards.

Shhhhhhhhhh!
We're trying to let other clubs think they're are getting a real gun.
What he meant to say was he's got a huge tank (similar to Reiwoldt), jumps tall Naitanui's in a single bound, is faster than Judd on speed, kicks it further than Hurn, get's nominated for mark of the week on a weekly basis, got the evasiveness of Johnny Howard (children overboard), and is an absolute dead eye dick.
Actually you're right Underdog, he's crap!

More bad list management. He was always going to struggle to become the type of player Worsfold and co were going to turn him into, i.e. defensive hard tackling half forward. That was never his go. We should have made a decision 2 years ago when his value was high that we were happy to take him as the player he is with the attributes he has and work with that and keep him for the long term or trade him then.

Of course, thats not what we did. We wasted 2 years banging our head against a brick wall and now we are trading him at a time when his value on the trade market is at an all time though and a time when other clubs have not much to offer in trades because the draft is compromised. More stupidity.

We will get nothing for him, partially because it's a bad time to trade him and partially because the club will not be out there aggressively looking for and hunting up players at other clubs and getting them to ask for a trade to our club. They are not out there looking for something good to trade a McKinley for. They are too timid. They talk up a big game about being aggressive in turning over the list and recruiting players and then don't do it. They are timid, lame, gutless and lazy. We will end up just taking whatever gets put on the table as we did with Staker and it will be feable. Probably an upgrade of pick 40 to pick 35 or something equally useless.

Mckinley has been hopeless for a long time now. He was given plenty of opportunities - he wasn't up to it.

If you can't kick straight unfortunately you can't be a forward...

What a suprirse this is your opinion. 5 minutes ago before anybody knew he had asked for a trade he would have been the bestest player ever and an abolsute gun primed to kick 100 goals next year and anybody who doesn't share that view is not a real fan but is a traitor with a narrow and negative view.

Now he isn't wearing an eages jersey anymore he is useless, hopeless and worthless and we never wanted him anyway. You have the biggest pair of rose coloured glasses i have ever seen. Whatever happens it's exactly what we wanted to happen.

if there was no lecras, he would play more. just the way it is, nothing to do with being f*cked over. its called COMPETITION FOR SPOTS. oh and no such thing as a 185cm full forward. some people need to understand structures and team balance. with lecras, he was always going to struggle.

Some of you are crazy, we should have traded him 2 years ago when he might have had a little value. He's a clearly flawed player who has had numerous chances to cement his spot in the team.

One less passenger as far as I'm concerned, he can go hitch a ride elsewhere.

In what way would that description not apply to Lynch?

What a suprirse this is your opinion. 5 minutes ago before anybody knew he had asked for a trade he would have been the bestest player ever and an abolsute gun primed to kick 100 goals next year and anybody who doesn't share that view is not a real fan but is a traitor with a narrow and negative view.

Now he isn't wearing an eages jersey anymore he is useless, hopeless and worthless and we never wanted him anyway. You have the biggest pair of rose coloured glasses i have ever seen. Whatever happens it's exactly what we wanted to happen.

This post doesn't mention John Worsfold. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich man's Aaron Edwards for mine.

He might very well kick a heap of goals at another club but people will soon realise that just like Edwards, Paul Medhurst, Mark Williams and Mitch Morton - he's simply not big or versatile enough to be a genuine focal point and he doesn't have enough strings to his bow to be anything but.

True that. I had hoped this year he would show that desire to do the team things, get fit enough to run through the midfield etc but it never eventuated. In hindsight he may of made his mind up to leave a while ago.

Did anyone here him on tv a few weeks ago? it was the huddle before full time, Im positive I heard him say he hates that forward pressure sht. Hasent learnt a thing if that is still his attitude, which is a shame because he has the skills, especially if he got his radar back.

I simply cannot believe some of the comments I am reading in this thread. Those saying he deserved more games are in my opinion completely wrong. McKinley is a dud of the highest order. Hes too short to play the role he does, his kicking is terrible, hes a hog, he plays from behind as a forward and he never chases and tackles. Trading him now while he still holds value is a massive plus for our future. Even though he wants to go back to Victoria I hope Gold Coast come a knocking with some coin splashed in front of him because imo that would be our best result, compensation wise.

Anyway it is becoming slightly worrying about this mass exodess thats beginning to form. Then again it may lead to Worsfold getting sacked, something that this club desperately needs imo.

Don't be churlish.

What would you do if you were him?
Didn't mean I was dissapointed with him, but more the fact that we could have got a lot more out of him than we did.

The club didn't play him in his proper position often enough I don't think, and he never really seemed to be in favour. Could be due to his work rate or whatever.

Anyway, just thought it would eventually work out with McKinley, but unfortunately not.

Wish him all the best if he does go.

Can take a mark, and i truly think he made some improvements in his chasing this year. Also his comittment to the contest.

He isn't a devastating loss in terms of his output - however we all remember his debut year and hoped he would develop.

A pick upgrade is what we'll no doubt be chasing!

Remove this Banner Ad

McKinley seeking a trade to Victorian club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back